One that Knox might appreciate

hershey

PR Elite
I haven't read his column in a while, but I wouldn't call him a Karen. He is more like a "I used to walk to school barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways, so get off my lawn!" kind of guy.
I see him more as an MX conservative who wants people to remember the roots of MX. That it isn't about being a pro big status thing, it's about being with good friends and fun. He doesn't like the industry being whored out and that's exactly what has happened to it.

Other than that, he has a lot of really interesting stories of adventures in mx over the years.

John250

PR Founding Father
He is 100% on point. And he is 100% accurate that "Real Housewives of Supercross" would be better watched and would have a much better TV package.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I'm not even going to read it. Just another thread knocking our sport down and talking about what all is wrong with it instead of seeing what is good with it I gather. No thanks....

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I'm not even going to read it. Just another thread knocking our sport down and talking about what all is wrong with it instead of seeing what is good with it I gather. No thanks....
Right on Scoob - He's been whining for decades

hershey

PR Elite
Right on Scoob - He's been whining for decades
So trying to keep improving things for our sport, pointing out the pitfalls that are happening (from a guy who's entire life's career is in the sport) is whining ? His synopsis is on point (minus the purposeful dramatics). Nobody can deny the decline in bike sales, those are stone cold hard facts. While moto isn't dead, it's been on a steady decline for a couple decades.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
So trying to keep improving things for our sport, pointing out the pitfalls that are happening (from a guy who's entire life's career is in the sport) is whining ? His synopsis is on point (minus the purposeful dramatics). Nobody can deny the decline in bike sales, those are stone cold hard facts. While moto isn't dead, it's been on a steady decline for a couple decades.
yes
Others do stuff - he's a mouthpiece

Scoob

PR Founding Father
It's all in the approach. Point fingers on an ego trip thinking one knows the absolute answer is one approach. I'm not a fan. Another is trying to build from what is good and not tear down what we have to either start over or take it back to where it once was for personal benefit/beliefs discarding anyone else's views...especially those that do not 100% agree with theirs...

Take the USA for example. It isn't what it once was. Some good, some bad. I don't want to change everything nor go back the way it once was. Just the make the parts that suck, better. I'm not even looking for BEST here, just better...however so little.

John250

PR Founding Father
We have watched moto go crazy the last couple years. Huge races, new people entering the sport, etc. The problem has always been keeping them in the sport. And many of the things Jody says are right on point with the actual growth of the sport.

Now the biggest threat to moto in 2022? Inflation!! Guys, if things keep going as they are right now, people are going to have a lot less disposable income to race with. I am afraid it will catch up to Moto, and we will see smaller turn outs and less people perhaps traveling as much for races.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
We have watched moto go crazy the last couple years. Huge races, new people entering the sport, etc. The problem has always been keeping them in the sport. And many of the things Jody says are right on point with the actual growth of the sport.

Now the biggest threat to moto in 2022? Inflation!! Guys, if things keep going as they are right now, people are going to have a lot less disposable income to race with. I am afraid it will catch up to Moto, and we will see smaller turn outs and less people perhaps traveling as much for races.
You mean double points won't be able to overcome that? ;) Kidding. I think you're right there. Moto isn't a cheap sport anyway if your trying to stay ahead of things... :(

NQ1965

PR Elite
I've been reading his columns since I was a teenager and still look forward to reading it every month.
The presence of some egotism has always been there, but he's always been in the unique position of seeing the sport and the equipment for how it is, accurately. You'll also find that he often gives both sides of the story, the good's, and the bad's.
The fact that Jody Weisel still lines up on the gate and races every Sunday on the modern machines that they write about, gives one reassurance that "he knows, he understands it".