Daytona RC SX

Scoob

PR Founding Father
The medic / safety procedure at the RCSX is explained in DETAIL at the riders meeting. It's simple and concise.
Everyone should understand how it works. If you don't, it's your fault - (your kid included).
Daytona has it down to a science.
It's first class and it's free.
You mean we have to read the fine print!?!?! Nah... ;)

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I agree, however, if a person is walking and declining any further care, it should be considered. If it's a serious injury, do whatever means necessary as described in the riders meeting.

They definitely had some cut rate flaggers for the amature stuff too. Lol
It was explained - you can't deny them.
Specifically a child.
They told the parents " you will not come onto our track to check on little Johnny" - "if we get to him before he gets back under his own power, he's going to the trauma center for evaluation".
I'm sure its a legal thing - it's not their first rodeo

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Nope, they play it over the loudspeaker - all ya have to do is shut-up for 15 minutes while the cover it.
Now that's asking too much. You mean you want people to actually listen to others and make theirs and our lives easier? That is so 1980's...lol

Just kidding with you Marcus, you know this, right? Just the way it was explained in that the parents didn't exactly know where Jonny was...???? Stupid is as stupid does... Not by know means I have not been "stupid" and/or will not be at any time in the future... ;)

honda907

PR Addict
Track was fine on Tuesday for the vintage stuff. Just wasn't enough time between race 3 and 7 to stop clean your plate get fresh googles and get to the gate after 3. A bunch of us couldn't get through staging to get around race 8 in the chute so we missed our gate. 5 minute races go by too quick. It's 5 minutes from the time you get off and get over to the man that checks uour transponder if you don' t stop

In retrospect, I should have pulled off the track and just got into staging. I and the others wouldn't have missed our race.

DITD is packed. 3 plus hour sign up line this morning

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I too was a victim of the hospitality there. Got done with the podium deal. Pros on the line or doing there site lap. I push the quad out to where staging begins , thinking I’ll put it out there and come back after the pro moto to get it……oh no you don’t. Staff told me I had to walk all the way around, no spectators in staging. I said dude I just walked by you, we were on the podium. He said you left, you are now a spectator. So I had to make the1/4 mile trip out the blue garage gate and around to the main entrance and all the way to the track. I was a bit heated.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Ha- they tried that s**t with me too.
“ it’s a one way gate” as the guy puts his arm out. “ you’ve got go out the other way”
I just pointed at the port-a-johns with a scowl on my face.
“That’s for the racers only” - he said.
Pushing past him I said “ I know, but right now I’m using that shitter unless you’re offering catch what’s going to be coming out my ass”.
He again said “ sorry can’t go that way “
I started walking and said - “come get me “-
He didn’t leave his post.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Those old guys have one job, lol. I jumped over the rail to have the flagger hand me Matthew's cross bar pad cover. Guy stops me going back over. Told him why I did what I did, he says does not matter, you cant do that. Tried explaining to him, my zuma was back in staging and I was not walking all the way around. He then tells me to settle down and not raise my voice; I started laughing at him, and said, I have not even raised my voice, lol, youre the only one that is getting bent out of shape and raising your voice to me. Then he acts like he is doing me this huge exception to let me go to my zuma, which I could have went right back to if I did not go and get the cross bar pad.