Daytona RC SX

John250

PR Founding Father
We had beautiful weather. Feel bad for the guys riding vintage day. The overnight rain left a lot of water.

FB_IMG_1646745405829.jpg
FB_IMG_1646745402394.jpg
FB_IMG_1646745397597.jpg
FB_IMG_1646745392255.jpg

Meister

PR Founding Father
Just pulled outa the track. They did a solid job at salvaging the track for those guys. The quads blew most of the slop off in their first practices so the bikes will be in good shape. Kinda wish I woulda rode the open class today!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Was pretty wet in practice, lots of power washing after, heat race wasn’t bad……then the skies opened up again while I was washing up from the heat race!! I had more clothing changes as a mechanic than when I ride. Luckily there were a lot of motos and some track work time before the main. It was still muddy but no worse than the prep for quad motos under the former chillitown promoters, I’ve seen worse conditions. All in all we had a good time, collected a second place in her first 450 race, first time in WMX, and first time at Daytona. Not bad for a rookie.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Was pretty wet in practice, lots of power washing after, heat race wasn’t bad……then the skies opened up again while I was washing up from the heat race!! I had more clothing changes as a mechanic than when I ride. Luckily there were a lot of motos and some track work time before the main. It was still muddy but no worse than the prep for quad motos under the former chillitown promoters, I’ve seen worse conditions. All in all we had a good time, collected a second place in her first 450 race, first time in WMX, and first time at Daytona. Not bad for a rookie.
Don’t even bring up the old chillitown prep. It SUCKED!!!! Came off looking like a rode a mud moto everytime and schoolboy was guaranteeed first moto of the day.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I will say, this year I rvshared a big 5th wheel toy hauler and stayed on site and also bought a yellow garage. Renting was sweet. Camp was "home" and pits are the pits. Last year we vrbod a house, which kinda seemed easier, partly due so the Caupp family hospitality on our first Daytona adventure.

We were right along the main road in there near lake loyd. Pitbikes we're insane Friday night till the wee hours. Calmed down a little the rest of the weekend.

Some of the staff were on serious power trips. Some were incredibly nice. Trying to get my parents around in there on Saturday was challenging as they're both not able to walk a ton. We did have our Polaris ranger there for them but the temp gates everywhere and no real handicap parking had them wore out before the mains even started.

Neighbors.. whew.. some people are aholes.. had two neighbors on 1 side both try to empty their gray water. Not a huge deal, but we were downhill of them. Like, the water wouldve followed the low spot right to our rugs. My dad even offered to pay for the pumper truck if they were low on cash. After that they had attitudes toward us, one even got heated n tried to start s**t. One of them even did it again Monday after racing just to be an ahole.

Neighbor on the other side came in a sprinter late friday. Nice people in their 30s living the kidless life. Gave them breakfast we were cooking Saturday morning. After sx tho they came back hammered (which is fine) but about 1am I had to go outside and shut off their big JBL that was bumpin while they were passed out on bean bag chairs lol. No biggie really. Just funny.

Neighbor on the other side if them, 85cc family. They went through some unexcusable s**t! Kid fell before the finish line n took a good horse kick to the thigh. He was up on his feet walking and crying a little. Upset from falling while around top 5. Medics made him lay down on a backboard and he said no I'm fine. They nearly wrestled him to the backboard n carried him to an ambulance. Parents were watching n thought they were just doing a quick eval. Then it pulled away so the parents ran to the infield hospital only to be told he wasn't there. Come to find out, they drove this perfectly fine, but upset, 11 year old to the hospital down the road against his will and with no parental consent. Parents get in truck n it takes 40 minutes to navigate traffic to the hospital 2 miles away.. they go to the ER and they won't let them in.. a nurse did some work n found the boy, all gear literally cut off and other nurses trying to put an IV in him. Kids freaking out n kept saying to take him back to track and his parents because he's gonna miss his last race.. finally a Dr stepped in n shut the whole thing down and got the boy back to his parents.. I wouldve lost it.. the parents handled it way better than me..

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Damn due, that's crazy. Sounds like stories I've heard from Loretta's and mini O's...lol

Can't believe that about that kid. I would've been in jail. Of course, they WOULDN'T have taken my kid without me knowing and/or the wife or I with them...so I say any way... ;)

Funny about the drunkards next to ya. I remember those days...lol.

See you at the races this year man. Laters!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The medic / safety procedure at the RCSX is explained in DETAIL at the riders meeting. It's simple and concise.
Everyone should understand how it works. If you don't, it's your fault - (your kid included).
Daytona has it down to a science.
It's first class and it's free.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Kid fell before the finish line n took a good horse kick to the thigh. He was up on his feet walking and crying a little. Upset from falling while around top 5. Medics made him lay down on a backboard and he said no I'm fine. They nearly wrestled him to the backboard n carried him to an ambulance.
It was explained -
If you're not back on your bike and under your own power by the time the medics get to you - you will be taken to the trauma center located on the Daytona grounds for further evaluation.

I get it - don't make them ( typically 4 persons in 2 mules ) come rushing over and then expect them to not follow through.

Meister

PR Founding Father
The medic / safety procedure at the RCSX is explained in DETAIL at the riders meeting. It's simple and concise.
Everyone should understand how it works. If you don't, it's your fault - (your kid included).
Daytona has it down to a science.
It's first class and it's free.
I agree, however, if a person is walking and declining any further care, it should be considered. If it's a serious injury, do whatever means necessary as described in the riders meeting.

They definitely had some cut rate flaggers for the amature stuff too. Lol