Bad Bultaco

NQ1965

PR Elite
Cool old photo that popped up in facebook.
Although a little behind in design advancements for motocross in 1977, this Bultaco 250 had a particularly STOUT appearance to it. The extra suspension lift gives it a Bad-Ass look.
( love the 70's hair also :D )

1640316740885.png

Last edited:
When my obsession with the sport began, late 70's, the kids of the sport, rising stars like Hannah, Howerton, Johnson, Bailey, Ward, Chandler, etc. were the main story subjects of Dirt Bike and Motocross Action magazines. And of course, the evolutionary changes in the bikes coming so rapidly year to year at that point took up a lot of magazine space as well.

Occasionally I would see articles on these older guys like Jim Pomeroy, but seemed like they were strangers to the sport. Little did I understand that for years, they were the heroes that had been battling the Europeans with only marginal fanfare on less refined machinery. They paid their dues the hard way, and they paved the way.
Today, with my love of racing vintage motorcycles, these guys are my true racing heroes of the past.

1640374925743.png

1640374969315.png

1640375072958.png

Last edited:
Reactions: k01
Today, especially now that I have fallen in love with racing vintage motorcycles, these guys are my true racing heroes of the past.
He was a multiple time AHRMA champion. I got to see him and say "Hi" at Mid Ohio, just a super nice guy. Those were real cool AHRMA racing times.

I have a DVD that I picked up a handful of years ago that has some interesting commentary with Pomeroy. Gives you a pretty good understanding of who he was and what they accomplished.
Brad Lackey was another great rider that took American pride to the Europeans.

1640380703438.png

BackTrack Motocross (Vintage)​

Last edited:
Back