Rona in SX for '22

ck1racerx

PR Addict
With five of the first six rounds of SX being behind the Iron curtain of the US and the numbers of Rona skyrocketing, will we get a full season before Adolf Fauci shuts down the country again? College football teams not going to bowl games. Some cities and states mandating the useless masks again. Government offices going back to remote work, it is just a matter of time before we are "flattening the curve" again.
I certainly hope it does not come to that again but i do wonder if there is a plan B? Alternate sites? If a team has a case what happens? Backup riders? Leading the points and you get the sniffles, are you out for a week or 2?
Just something to think about.

hershey

PR Elite
With five of the first six rounds of SX being behind the Iron curtain of the US and the numbers of Rona skyrocketing, will we get a full season before Adolf Fauci shuts down the country again? College football teams not going to bowl games. Some cities and states mandating the useless masks again. Government offices going back to remote work, it is just a matter of time before we are "flattening the curve" again.
I certainly hope it does not come to that again but i do wonder if there is a plan B? Alternate sites? If a team has a case what happens? Backup riders? Leading the points and you get the sniffles, are you out for a week or 2?
Just something to think about.
They have already announced everything is a go as of now. The CDC has reduced the quarantine period too. This new omicron bs is no worse than the common cold. Only 3 deaths globally have been attributed to it.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Anaheim is just outside the city limits of LA so they don’t have to follow their quack laws/mandates. And it’s considered an open event because there’s no roof on the stadium. If all these places get crazy again they’re gonna have to have them in Utah or somewhere that’s lax on the stuff. I just hope these clowns just get off the s**t by now everybody knows what risk they’re taking doing whatever they wanna do. Do you want to go great you don’t wanna go also great.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I’ve decided to require masks for my vet regional……..
1A1D1265-56C1-42FF-9415-361EE5F2277C.jpeg

Scoob

PR Founding Father
You know, I'm over it all really. Stupid is as stupid does. Everything is out there to protect those that choose to protect themselves the best they can. It's all about choice at this point. Herd immunity is the only way we'll get past this now. No reason to push the shot as everyone has already made their decision. Everyone has to live with that. Hopefully that means live and not the alternative. DO NOT shut anything down, do not cancel anything. If you are sick, wear the mask that some feel does nothing and/or stay home. We'll miss you, but enough of taking one for the team. Time to get on with our lives and get through this the best we can.

I hate the fact that some feel "only two deaths" etc. is ok. I guess we'll all die from something, so covid it is for some. Can't save everyone. I will hate the ones we lose in the coming months, but nothing more I can do. I feel for the health workers that are overrun in the hospitals, etc. Especially from those felt better off not vaccinating, but like I said, is what it is at this point. Let's all get on with it. As with life, we have to take the good with the bad. Can't save everyone and can't save folks from themselves. Some just know it all.

See you at the races...if you make it. :)

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
No more shot or not debate. That is played out more then neckbraces and C class combined.
Team sports just pull another dude off the bench. Wonder what will happen in moto? I don’t follow the “scared of right hand turns” NASCAR, but did any of them miss a race for the Rona?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
No more shot or not debate. That is played out more then neckbraces and C class combined.
Team sports just pull another dude off the bench. Wonder what will happen in moto? I don’t follow the “scared of right hand turns” NASCAR, but did any of them miss a race for the Rona?
Good point and I do not know or follow the roundy round track stuff all that much either. I guess would be cool if they just put a rider on the bike for that race. I assume Rona may definitely have an affect on the points. Guess we'll see...

hershey

PR Elite
My point was that the new covid thing is going to be a non issue. Since the fear mongering gov lowered the quarantine period it proves that this new strain isn't near the problem we've seen in the past. So a rider can test positive Monday and still test negative on Saturday to race with the new guidelines.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
My point was that the new covid thing is going to be a non issue. Since the fear mongering gov lowered the quarantine period it proves that this new strain isn't near the problem we've seen in the past. So a rider can test positive Monday and still test negative on Saturday to race with the new guidelines.
I agree. It NEEDS to be a non issue.

Like I said, everyone has had the chance to do what they need to to protect themselves. No more struggling with the choice in the hospitals over who to care for. The one that has done all they could gets the nod as well as the elder who is struggling with something that was present before Rona. Rona is so 2020-21. Let's giddy up on get on with life. It's just something else we all have to deal with, not fear necessarily. Rona is just another part of life now. Nothing to see here...

hershey

PR Elite
I agree. It NEEDS to be a non No more struggling with the choice in the hospitals over who to care for. The one that has done all they could gets the nod as well as the elder who is struggling with something that was present before Rona.
WTF???? You're kidding, right?

Fo you get the flu vaccine every year? 60k deaths a year ( at least before covid came and it went to zero), you advocate turning those people away What? What about the HPV vaccine for girls, are we going to turn away HIV patients who didn't get that vaccine? Let's now turn away people who have ever smoked when they get cancer. Better yet, the number one killer....heart disease....almost all of them can be attributed to a poor lifestyle. It's a choice too....do we turn then away?

The idea that we turn away people who make a choice not to inject their body with an experimental drug that the gov is allowing the manufacturer to withhold negative effects for 50 years of is insane. Anyone who advocates that has no clue what freedoms are. Go live in a communist country with that mentality, this is America and we are founded on freedoms and God given rights.

I'm floored that you would even suggest that. Stop reading the internet.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
WTF???? You're kidding, right?

Fo you get the flu vaccine every year? 60k deaths a year ( at least before covid came and it went to zero), you advocate turning those people away What? What about the HPV vaccine for girls, are we going to turn away HIV patients who didn't get that vaccine? Let's now turn away people who have ever smoked when they get cancer. Better yet, the number one killer....heart disease....almost all of them can be attributed to a poor lifestyle. It's a choice too....do we turn then away?

The idea that we turn away people who make a choice not to inject their body with an experimental drug that the gov is allowing the manufacturer to withhold negative effects for 50 years of is insane. Anyone who advocates that has no clue what freedoms are. Go live in a communist country with that mentality, this is America and we are founded on freedoms and God given rights.

I'm floored that you would even suggest that. Stop reading the internet.
Your amazing man....I'm not sure who needs to stop reading the internet here.... I would have to start first to have to stop, right?

Hospitals don't turn anyone away for the most part They help everyone. The old, the young, the smart, the stupid, the strong, the weak. All I am saying of which you seem to be struggling with is they need to prioritize better when it comes down to the 86 year old heart patient and the person that makes a choice based on having issues with feeling they are being told what to do and/or have an ego issue. Simply prioritization shift...nothing more. Also need to quit letting covid control our lives. We have the tools to fight it if we use them. Quit penalizing everyone for decisions some choose to make. Of course, that seems to be the American way doesn't it....

Next page....or book maybe. I'm done with this one. So 2021....

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
People need to start living lives and making their own choices on vaccines and masks. Choose if you wish, but personal choice. That goes for every where.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
People need to start living lives and making their own choices on vaccines and masks. Choose if you wish, but personal choice. That goes for every where.
That is correct, 100%. You can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink, right? Quit penalizing all the other horses based on the one that doesn't drink...

Meister

PR Founding Father
What if it's not water you think/believe you're trying to lead "horses" to? Do we not have a right to question that with so little data? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the docs showing effects sealed for 50 years or some crap? Creepy. Take this, well tell ya how fd up you might be after your dead 50 years from now.

If you took this vax, please call
1800-stil-fuct and we'll file the lawsuit for your family since your dead.

Sorry, I got sucked in. Don't even answer it. We all know where your heads at.

If you're gonna go that route, I guess I'm ok with starting with putting those in need of narcan for the second third fourth fifth time at the back of the line, but beyond that, prioritize in line of urgency and I'm good with it. If the hospitals would quit fn firing people due to some vax that doesn't prevent s**t, wed be way better off..

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Sorry, I got sucked in.
Ahh, I should've quit before I got started... In the end, we all want the same thing I think...

What I really want to know about though is everyone's thoughts on double points and/or getting twice as many points as you would if you only got single points?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
“It’s safe and effective, it’s very low risk..,less than 0.XXX% chance of sentinel event.”

thats fine until that 0.XXX% is you.

then it makes you think…s**t. Should instill drink the recommendation cool-aid ? Or should I look at the different types of cool-aid and drink the best fitting for me and my family ? And maybe there’s no cool-aid that I need to drink for any specific reason that day. That’s ok too…