James Stewart interview on A1 SX Live

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Now this may not be news to anyone else, but did anyone catch the interview of James Stewart during the qualifying intermission of SX Live?

I thought it cool and enlightening to an extent on the exit of the fastest man on the planet. It was just burnout. Not the burnout of the riding and training, but the burnout of the riding, the training, and all the other stuff (i.e. sponsor commitments, duties, Bubba's World, etc.). Just too much on his plate and in the end not enough "fun", free, or James time to make it all worth it. Became too much of a job?

Like he said, if he had to do a Nike commercial, it wasn't like he didn't train or ride that day, just got up like at 5am, did that first, the did his riding and training on top of that. Makes sense. You always thought he had more and kinda became another best that never was in a way...although he did pretty damn good, just seemed to leave some on the table.

Guess an "issue" with being a popular rider, wanting to do it all, and everybody wanting a piece of JS7. Kinda sad, but is what it is. I doubt he's all that upset about it...lol. He seems in a good space. Have to keep it all in perspective, not get caught up in the hustle, and know ones limits I guess. ???

hershey

PR Elite
Earlier he said the number 1 reason was the pressure to win. He said getting 2nd place was never good enough any more, everyone asked him why he didn't win every time he raced. He said imagine the pressure of getting second against the best riders in the world and everyone treating you like a loser.