Battle Format

Niloz

PR Addict
Hi -

Been a member here since 2006. Used to race CRA, D12, AWRCS, GNCC etc.

Left Ohio back in 2011 for work reasons.

I'm back home now and looking to get back into some local racing in the spring. New term I'm not familiar with is "Battle Format". I see a bunch of OMA races labeled as such.

Can someone explain to me the rules/concept/organization of a Battle Format race?

Thanks and it's good to be home!

Welcome back.

Battle format is where nobody actually rides, they just sit on their phones and bitch at each other on social media.

Just kidding.

It's two day event with open practice Saturday morning, followed by Quad racing and some PW classes in the afternoon.
Then Sunday is the rest of the bikes racing.

what’s mentioned above is the general format. Now something to know is that there are races on the OMA schedule that are battle format, but are in the overall series point category only. Because it is a popular format for OMA overall point series races some have adopted this. The battle state championship will run this format at a minimum and pay yes, double OMA points for battle and overall series points. There are 4 races in this series. We are considering the changes to the battle series below:

I’ve spoken to Scott a couple times, I think the plan at this point will be to add the 50 E bike, 50 oil injected and possibly a couple of the mini open (extra type) classes to Saturday. I’ve also heard from a couple 60+ guys that have suggested Saturday, but this is purely a consideration at this point, more to come well in advance of the first actual battle race with battle format.

Thanks for the clarification guys. Also, I'm a 60+ guy but getting back into the racing is the most important so either Saturday or Sunday is cool with me.
Good for you bro! I can only pray and hope I'll still be riding let alone racing in 11 years... especially since I really haven't rode the big bike in the last 3... Here's to a fun 2022 with double points!

I’ve also heard from a couple 60+ guys that have suggested Saturday, but this is purely a consideration at this point, more to come well in advance of the first actual battle race with battle format.

Drats! I must have missed your call!

If by chance those "couple riders" might be from Zanesville,
keep in mind one of them doesn't have a bike anymore and
the other believes ruts are the work of the Devil!

Sunday is fine with me as this small class helps make full gates.
Downvote from this 60+ rider.

Back