Honda. Made in china

John250

PR Founding Father
Damn, even Honda is making bikes in China now. I also read someone said KTM was building a plant in China. Any truth to that?

Screenshot_20220128-101113_Chrome.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Honda has been in China since the early 2000's

https://www.dongfeng-honda.com/

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Yeah the 2021 CRF250f we had last year was China. Pretty sure all their trail bikes are.

It is sort of funny though that we are all upset about a Japanese bike being made in China, hahaha. Just can't help that stigma.
China is the new Japan. I remember being a kid and my grandfather freaking out about Japanese products being so cheap and taking everything over. Now Japan is expensive since they caught up to our cost of living.

k01

PR Elite
Laugh because all our 401(k)s and investments are financing the Chinese rope that they’ll use to hang us.

And meanwhile there’s field hospitals being built on the Russian Ukraine border everybody better hope this stays chill…
None are laughing, the CCP is organized, enabled and very busy.
Cartel criminals are laughing along our wide open southern border but the 1994 Budapest Memo makes Ukrainian sovereignty through a secure border a dire need? Come on man! Wag the dog won't rescue Biden's free fall.

hershey

PR Elite
Not really -
How so? I'm purely talking about how Japan was devastated and poor. Their gov, with our help, organized and with cheap labor took over manufacturing for the world. Everything was made in Japan for decades until theor citizens gained wealth, inflation rose and their cost of living equaled or surpassed ours. Now it's just as expensive to manufacture there as here reducing imports. China is ultra cheap labor right now, organized and the world leader in manufacturing

k01

PR Elite
Japanese companies ripped off designs from other countries to begin with like China has done. This first Yamaha was essentially a DKW.
yamaha_ya-1-1955.jpg

The CCP provides a bit more than cheap labor. They can build and populate whole cities to make a product. Communism in conjunction with chrony capitalism is so very efficient. But to what end?
Cheap Hondas come from India too.
glch8e7g_2022-honda-navi_625x300_22_November_21.jpg

Honda bikes haven't been made in Ohio for some time now. Those facilities are now used for auto production.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
How so? I'm purely talking about how Japan was devastated and poor. Their gov, with our help, organized and with cheap labor took over manufacturing for the world. Everything was made in Japan for decades until theor citizens gained wealth, inflation rose and their cost of living equaled or surpassed ours. Now it's just as expensive to manufacture there as here reducing imports. China is ultra cheap labor right now, organized and the world leader in manufacturing
- no

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Japanese companies ripped off designs from other countries to begin with like China has done. This first Yamaha was essentially a DKW.
View attachment 74797
The CCP provides a bit more than cheap labor. They can build and populate whole cities to make a product. Communism in conjunction with chrony capitalism is so very efficient. But to what end?
Cheap Hondas come from India too.
View attachment 74798
Honda bikes haven't been made in Ohio for some time now. Those facilities are now used for auto production.
The early DKW’ s rocked !!!