2022 MINNEAPOLIS SUPERCROSS PRE-RACE REPORT // EAST COAST 250 ROSTER & DAYTIME SUPERCROSS

Scoob

PR Founding Father
2022 MINNEAPOLIS SUPERCROSS PRE-RACE REPORT // EAST COAST 250 ROSTER & DAYTIME SUPERCROSS

Looking forward to some East Coast racing. It will at least allow me to have less caffeine intake on Saturday... Practice at 11a and race at 5p.
rd07_minneapolis_overview02.png

POS.#NAMEPOINTS
13Eli Tomac134
221Jason Anderson122
323Chase Sexton116
427Malcolm Stewart112
551Justin Barcia110
61Cooper Webb103
725Marvin Musquin98
894Ken Roczen92
914Dylan Ferrandis92
107Aaron Plessinger81

trent56mx

PR Addict
Screenshot_20220216-194803_Chrome.jpg

I asked, Google answered.

East coast is deeper than the west coast for the first time in a long time or ever.

If you take a shot of whiskey (not advised) every time you hear the word "Jett", You'll be blackout drunk by 6 and require medical attention by 7. Just a hunch.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I like the track. Couple short whoop sections. Only watched it once, but thinking that first whoop section goes into a dragon back? At least for Webb's sake it's not close to the concrete...lol Should be good racing. Looking forward to it and not getting to bed after 1am.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
You know, if they actually combined the 250 East and west into one class it may be competitive.
The 2022 group as a whole is easily the weakest ever. And that is counting the 4 or 5 that are way to old to still be in there

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Track looks slow and another one line track.
Might agree to an extent, but thinking the speed is a matter of perspective

Crowd seems lite. Would guess Feld won't be back next year unless they're getting a guaranteed cut... ???

hershey

PR Elite
You know, if they actually combined the 250 East and west into one class it may be competitive.
The 2022 group as a whole is easily the weakest ever. And that is counting the 4 or 5 that are way to old to still be in there
You're on crack

Vet261

PR Addict
Combining the SX coasts into one full season championship would mean:
1. at least half the "rides" would be cut
2. the ones racing it would mostly be the "old men" some call sandbaggers since they would be the ones the factories would hire
3. the only fresh faces in the series would be the phenom up and comers like Kitchen, Reynolds, Lawrences, etc.
4. privateers racing 250 SX? GONE
5. halfway through season when they are all hurt they would struggle to fill the gate since all the privateer racers would have moved on to some other series/job.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Make the futures class a full series gig. 2 years of experience max. After that you move to 250 or 450. Both full seasons as well. If the old guys want to stay in 250 forever, fine. Teams will actually expand to support more in the futures so they have more talent in the pipeline.
Privateers will still be in the 250 just like they are in 450.
Oh, and let’s go back to 20 in the main and not 22
Really liked the super technical track this week. Lots of options
Think I am becoming a Sexton fan. He is going to win a LOT of races over the next 7-8 years. That is if he doesn’t break himself in half first

tank166

PR Addict
You forgot the biggest thing, combining the 2 coast would mean 1 less championship for the factories to fight for. Championships mean money, I don't see the factories wanting to reduce the odds of winning one

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Anyone talking about how Jett Reynolds is a bust. Dude has been full of injuries the past 3 years and hasn’t had any impressive results but somehow still has a ride makes no sense.