The CRF450 SX Curse!

John250

PR Founding Father
AP was doing terrible any way.

Either way, as long as the 2 don't get injured it should be a good battle for the championship
Yeah. I think we are figuring out, it is not the KTM bike putting these guys at the front, it is the riders. Everyone is doing about where they have bene in the past, or about where e thought they could be.

John250

PR Founding Father
Will the new chassis be ready for the outdoors or will dialing in time for the race set-up be required there too?
Makes you wonder what manufactures are thinking. It's like they have a great product, but lets change it to just change it. I would say Yamaha is the best at keeping what they have and just making small changes to refine it. Suzuki, they just keep the same bike and do nothing to it. But it is like from what everyone is saying, KTM went backwards with their new bike.

k01

PR Elite
Makes you wonder what manufactures are thinking. It's like they have a great product, but lets change it to just change it. I would say Yamaha is the best at keeping what they have and just making small changes to refine it. Suzuki, they just keep the same bike and do nothing to it. But it is like from what everyone is saying, KTM went backwards with their new bike.
Yep, after 16 years my YZ125 is finally a little out of date but my YZ 250 in a couple of ways is still more modern than the '22 model. Lol Testers are saying the new KTM feels great. Actual SX race experience has proven the new chassis needs proper set-up as to not get squirrelly when ridden on the very edge by some of the very best.

Mark414

PR Member
For sure rider input is 75 percent, look at Dylan, he can't get off the gate to save his ass but Tomac can, Dylan must still have the blue pig boat anchor. Kenny kills it first race now riding scared. Sexton fastest guy out there can't keep it on 2 wheels.Dylan has more drive than anyone and is not getting it done, he is a outdoor guy, look for him to do better at Daytona and Atlanta they suit him better.
Anderson can go either way, capable of winning it all, just think he is too fried to keep it together all season, may be wrong.
The new Austrian bikes missed it big time look at mookie in the whoops this year vs last not even close, even James is pointing it out.

Mark414

PR Member
Yep, after 16 years my YZ125 is finally a little out of date but my YZ 250 in a couple of ways is still more modern than the '22 model. Lol Testers are saying the new KTM feels great. Actual SX race experience has proven the new chassis needs proper set-up as to not get squirrelly when ridden on the very edge by some of the very best.
Who are these testers you speak of?
Magazines? Driven by advertising dollars, Vitards? Total morons, lol
What is good for one guy may not be for the other, I would never base anything off of someone else's opinion other than by the seat of my own pants.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
ap got a 2nd this year i woulnd't call that horrible. also judging a new bike based off of sx results is ridiculous, those bikes they are riding are nothing like what we roll off a showroom floor. and we'll all ride a bike off the show room floor much better than any of us would ride on of those factory sx bikes.

hershey

PR Elite
Ok, so terrible is a bit harsh I admit. After all he had a few top 10s and a few not so good finishes. But still far better than most out there in the elite class. I guess my expectations for him were higher, obviously my expectations don't mean anything to him or his team.

hershey

PR Elite
ap got a 2nd this year i woulnd't call that horrible. also judging a new bike based off of sx results is ridiculous, those bikes they are riding are nothing like what we roll off a showroom floor. and we'll all ride a bike off the show room floor much better than any of us would ride on of those factory sx bikes.
He also got a 22nd.

You would be surprised, if the suspension was set just for you and the bike tailored exact the way you wanted....you would be far better on it. That is what a factory bike is.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Tomac is the new Dungey. He knows when to take second or third. Tomac will win the championship this year. And mark my word, I bet he wins Daytona and Atlanta.

Sexton is the new Bubba. Fast but a crasher. He needs to slow down a little to win more.

Roczen? He has been done since his injury. He has spurts of being really fast, but no way he will ever win a championship. No way honda would ever renew a contract with him. Would not surprise me to see Christian Craig on a 450 honda with Sexton.
Craig will be staying with star Yamaha, Roczen will go back to ktm with roger, and plessinger will take Roczen a spot on the Honda, just my guess. Kenny is mentally weak, he has no fight in him, he gets passed and just gives up and it snowballs from there. I feel for the guy. I don’t get how you win A1 by a decent Margin and then turn in the results he’s been getting

honda907

PR Addict
The tracks have been similar for 15 years. Just like Flat Track, everyone has the geometry for handling SX and MX ironed out. It's not like the 70's were Huskies went straight and Elsinores turn.

Anyhow, I think it mind over matter. Roczen can win, he has shown he can. But now he's lost.

Anderson has new people and seems motivated. Maybe he realized he would have to get a real job?

Sexton always been mentally weak, even in his amateur days. Throws it away a lot. I bet he was thinking that " I can't throw it away like I've done in the past". Splat

The Yamaha is basically the same bike since 2010 with refinements. Even Webb rode that 2015 yamaha at the US GP and Trophy des nation well. Then Yamaha said they would set it up instead of Star racing. It's been well documented.

J$7 hurt the Yamaha bikes reputation more than the bike being bad

I could go on.......I see it every time I go over to the ClubMX SX track. Some guys down here work with my wife with nutrition and mind performance. A couple should be at least on the podium if not winning. Mindset. Some just don't think they should win and therefore don't. They don't believe it. They don't really work hard, just think they do.

Zach Osborne came here last year to test and train for 2 weeks before the start of outdoors. He rode a bicycle everywhere on the grounds if he didn't run to/ from the gym/garage or clubhouse. All the rest ride a pitbike around. Zach wanted it worse than the others. No contest. He went over and above all the others. He took no shortcuts and therefore was mentally strong. Ate the way my wife showed him 10 years ago. Still does the program, even while at the Baker factory. He came to my resturant and still ate correct while his family enjoyed a tasty meal. He really wanted it, but his back is just trashed like many others, but isn't going to get an operation.

So much talent here at ClubMX and many of you see the Igram posts, I am sure. Only one wins. Wanting it and believing in yourself is by far the single most important factor.

Most have tough exteriors, but are fragile flowers on the inside.

Man, I could right a book on the subject. I hear about it every night from my wife. BTW, she's 63 and still races. She practices what she preaches