The FIM is still in SX

hershey

PR Elite
Not sure if you paid attention but the FIM only separated from US SX. They planned to run a world series still. It is coming together and it looks like they want riders there. The dates they will run are on top of our MX and MXGP. But they are paying good money. It will be interesting to see how this pans out over the next couple years.

Vet261

PR Addict
Davalos just took his shirt off.

Maybe Craig will get on a 250 team. That would be so awesome purely to watch the internet explode over it.

John250

PR Founding Father
Supercross guys might ride SX year around. Hell mxgp only had 25 guys on the gate. They are in trouble. Sign up and your in the race!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Listened to Matthes interview with the two key guys. They have some pretty high hopes. I just don’t know where the money is going to come from for the teams. Each of the 10 approved teams get two 450 and two 250 riders. Obviously they are counting on huge sponsors to sign on like F1 teams but personally I just don’t see it. You are looking for companies with a worldwide foot print. There are just not very many of those. Pull up a picture of Lewis Hamilton’s car. He is the king of F1 and I have no idea who or what any of his sponsors are except Mercedes Benz.
So that then leaves the factories, and energy drinks. Which already have teams around the world. Are they now going to find more…a lot more… money to build another new team that will have a higher budget then the rest? I don’t know.
of course mx sports is all butthurt about it since it will run against the outdoors. And if it does work, it will without a doubt, pull talent off the US series.
I can see it working for the riders… but they have to be part of a team. Who is going to finance those teams? Man I just don’t know. Alessi team I guess has already made contact… which I can see. Because hell, why not. But will his riders be a real selling point for the series?
They are planning on the elite of the elite. But I don’t see that coming together.
I was hoping for more of a rider focus. Like independent contractors. They supply the show and the promoter helps with logistics and share the profits. That way the riders and then build their own brand. But I guess that is not at all how it’s going to work.
This will be a good topic of conversation for some time.