CRF-E2

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I watched the E-class at Daytona.
It was different for sure. The lead kid was ripping. He was one of the bigger kids and was able to hit some rhythms and the finish line jump on it.

In a way I think the E-bikes are MORE appealing to the youngsters.
At that young of an age, they typically still have sensitive ears.
A line full of Cobras is a distraction - all that racket - for not much movement.
Out on the track, with the silence, the kids can concentrate on their riding.
Plus, the whole bleacher section full of mini parents cheering and chanting can be heard in full volume - it was funny.

If 'E" ever makes it big time - be ready for the comedy coming from the bleachers - It's gold.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
alot of truth to the noise thing. My 3 year old started crying immensely when we initially enter summit, both times. Until I was able to fix her ear muffs. A lot of anxiety gets ramped up from the noise. I just wonder how long it will be, before there is an electric 65 or 85 equivalent. Probably will be released right in line with my oldest daughter as she ages up to different classes.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
alot of truth to the noise thing. My 3 year old started crying immensely when we initially enter summit, both times. Until I was able to fix her ear muffs. A lot of anxiety gets ramped up from the noise. I just wonder how long it will be, before there is an electric 65 or 85 equivalent. Probably will be released right in line with my oldest daughter as she ages up to different classes.

Basic biology - ya can't deny it

Scoob

PR Founding Father
In a stadium style setup, E is ideal - the lack of noise is appealing.
Outdoors, it looses the luster.
What if the noise from all 125 and 250 two strokes in the stadium???

I agree though, back in the day I said my kid would never have a 50 other than a PW. The Cobra's of yesterday were ridiculously noisy. Almost to the extent I'd take a quad megaphone exhaust noise over that...almost...

Dano762

PR Addict
I was at RamJam a couple of weeks ago on my old CR125. Some came over to the track just to listen.

It might be likely I miss the entire 250/450 4 stroke generation, I knew they were just a fad.

As neighbors move in around me the lack of noise will be important eventually. Nobody fussing much yet, just matter of time before some California leaning, Vegan, Green New Deal, EGS (get used to that acronym), Carbon Footprint loving, mask wearing person tries to make trouble.