Time for a change

John250

PR Founding Father
After watching Indy last night,. I am 100,% in the time to over haul SX group. The 250 class is so thin it's laughable. Come on, Jett wrecks in the first turn and easily comes back and still wins the qualifier. Then in the main they probably lapped up through like 7th place. Do away with east and west for sure. Add a support class main to the night show. 10 minute main event.

The 450 class was just as bad. Some of the back markers rolling around,. Looked like they could not even ride whoops. Hell in the main they were into lappers after 4 minutes. Get the fast guys out of the 250 class and into the 450s. If that happened, perhaps some of the back marker 450 guys would move back to the 250 class.

They need to make some changes.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
The 250 class really is not even watchable. At least the 450 is a race … between a handful. I was actually thinking about driving over yesterday to watch the race. But it’s just not worth it. It would surprise me if Tomac doesn’t win every race left on the schedule.
I do like the idea of a format change. Perhaps the supercross world champ series will help drive some change.
Maybe 16-17 races are too many. Detroit, Indy. St. Louis should be one race. All the crap in Cali should be two rounds max.
10 inside. 10 outside is plenty with 3 classes

BWP

PR Member
I understand the original concept of the 250 east/west but nobody adheres to the geographical setup anyways. But now the real reason is the difference in talent. Just get rid of the east/west setup and lets put all the best talent in one continuous 17 round series. We the fans are getting robbed of the very best show. I wanna see Craig, Jett, etc. goin at it. If you are a privateer and you start doing well against the factory boys, believe me, the factories will come a calling.

Last edited:

JMO330

PR Member
Go a step further, why did we do away with amateur day? Growing up, how many supercross tracks did you ride? If riders had more time on an actual supercross track coming through the ranks, would the field be deeper? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
After watching Indy last night,. I am 100,% in the time to over haul SX group. The 250 class is so thin it's laughable. Come on, Jett wrecks in the first turn and easily comes back and still wins the qualifier. Then in the main they probably lapped up through like 7th place. Do away with east and west for sure. Ad a support class main to the night show. 10 minute main event.

The 450 class was just as bad. Some of the back markers rolling around,. Looked like they could not even ride whoops. Hell in the main they were into lappers after 4 minutes. Get the fast guys out of the 250 class and into the 450s. If that happened, perhaps som no9e of the back marker 450 guys would move back to the 250 class.

They need to make some changes.

Something to take into consideration with SX -
Unlike Moto (where you can somewhat keep pace) while being lapped.
SX requires the lappers to break out of the racing line and give way to the leaders.
That makes completing some of the sections even more difficult and timing sensitive.
This in itself lends to the lapper dropping back MUCH faster than in a outdoor race.

It may look like Johnny is just rolling around - but it's more like - Johnny is trying to stay alive and complete all his laps without becoming carnage as the faster guys rip past.

hershey

PR Elite
What I don't get is why we have thousands of kids living at training facilities to try and win Loretta’s yet we cant see a full gate in the 250 class at some races ? What do all these kids do, quit?

Is it the lack of dedication to the sport, fear of getting beat, or just the pussification of America?

Speaking of pussification, since when is a good block pass reason for docking and fines? Barcia made a good clean move and Anderson knew it. Anderson ran into Barcia, not the other way around. In years past this wouldn't have been a problem.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
What I don't get is why we have thousands of kids living at training facilities to try and win Loretta’s yet we cant see a full gate in the 250 class at some races ? What do all these kids do, quit?

Yes, sometimes they don't have top 5 potential at the Majors and loose the backing of the parents or sponsors.
Other times it's been a major injury that makes them give up the dream.
Since social media and me discovering these facilities, I've met and kept tabs on some young rippers.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
A few years ago, Krystian Janik and his dad were parked next to us a Lincoln Trail Area Qualifier.
Been following him ever since.

JMO330

PR Member
Stock bikes with suspension tuning only.... with a cap. Are those top 5 riders that much better or are the machines that much better? Tons of dudes out there giving it 200% to be lapped 5 minutes into a main.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Lappers are, have been and should always be part of racing. But it would help thin the crowd if they went back to 20 in the main and not 22.
Of course the Factory bikes are light years ahead of the average joe's bike. But it does feel like the difference in talent from the top to bottom is bigger now than in years past.
Yes, the block pass looked fine to me. Funny how fans get all butt hurt one way or the other depending on who you like or not. But if you look at it strictly from racing, no way you can have a problem with it. Dude was parked, got t-boned and rode away. That's racing.

hershey

PR Elite
Lappers are, have been and should always be part of racing. But it would help thin the crowd if they went back to 20 in the main and not 22.
Of course the Factory bikes are light years ahead of the average joe's bike. But it does feel like the difference in talent from the top to bottom is bigger now than in years past.
Yes, the block pass looked fine to me. Funny how fans get all butt hurt one way or the other depending on who you like or not. But if you look at it strictly from racing, no way you can have a problem with it. Dude was parked, got t-boned and rode away. That's racing.
Ah but Anderson actually t boned Barcia. That's the best part of all this idiocrity.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

Is it the lack of dedication to the sport, fear of getting beat, or just the pussification of America?

Speaking of pussification, since when is a good block pass reason for docking and fines? Barcia made a good clean move and Anderson knew it. Anderson ran into Barcia, not the other way around. In years past this wouldn't have been a problem.
They quit after the first “B” qualifier….the year following Their top 20 Loretta’s c class finish.