Log road llaq

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Who’s going? Who’s been there before? Let’s hear it. I am trying it out this weekend even though it’s looking cold it should be some fun.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
No chance. Fair weather rider. No pun intended. Well, father. Not dealing with poor track conditions ever again on the 50's. Maybe when we get on 65's. Best of luck. Never been.

jj584

PR Addict
We are going and we have been. Track is fun which is why we are heading that way nice flow and lap times. I think a case could be made on running a scoop or a mx3, each will have its advantage in different sections. The bad, they run their district 14 line of races at the same time. We were still racing at 8PM last year and they stagger started a full gate of LLQc and sent 14 district 14 kids behind. As things developed up to 12th place was crashing into the back of the district 14 class. Some riders qualifying days were ruined by local people not trying to qual. The race last year was also later in the season so the days were longer. Not sure how this is going to play out with sunset around 7:45.

Vet261

PR Addict
I went to the AQ there last year and it was ungodly packed! I've raced/ridden there many many times over the years.

With the sandy soil that used to be one of our first riding dates of the season, we would be riding there with snow on the ground and the track would be perfect. I've also raced an AQ there in pouring rain, to the point they had to use pumps to drain off some parts of the track!

There are some rocks in areas though, you really don't notice them because of the loamy, sandy soil but there is rounded river rock hiding in some areas. I've dented rims there before but that was a long time ago. When you drive in you will see piles of rocks that have been cleared out.

I always enjoy Log Road, they do a good job and that crew comes down to Mid Ohio for vintage days and does the track.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
We are going and we have been. Track is fun which is why we are heading that way nice flow and lap times. I think a case could be made on running a scoop or a mx3, each will have its advantage in different sections. The bad, they run their district 14 line of races at the same time. We were still racing at 8PM last year and they stagger started a full gate of LLQc and sent 14 district 14 kids behind. As things developed up to 12th place was crashing into the back of the district 14 class. Some riders qualifying days were ruined by local people not trying to qual. The race last year was also later in the season so the days were longer. Not sure how this is going to play out with sunset around 7:45.
Hopefully that’s not the case. I definitely don’t understand the concept of running local race with a qualifer nor do I think it should be aloud honestly by mxsports. But I hope we don’t get stuck there till 8 or 9 cause that would suck but hopefully the track is good and we have some fun. It’s a haul for me 3 hours and 25 minutes

Brett

Noob
Jeff runs a great track and worth the drive even in the cold . Stop down at the Championship Powersports trailer and say Hi..

jj584

PR Addict
That’s what I’m saying a lot of classes but they’ll get thru it. Saturday will be a long day for me only running one class and two on Sunday
The running of the local stuff in conjunction is the only draw back. We are on our way, I have feeling parking will be an issue.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
The running of the local stuff in conjunction is the only draw back. We are on our way, I have feeling parking will be an issue.
I am going up in the morning. I have never been. So where should I park? I want some grass not in any mud. So is there any particular spot where I can find some grass to park on all weekend? Just tell me which way to go when I pull in and I will go that way in the morning, that would be a huge help

jj584

PR Addict
I am going up in the morning. I have never been. So where should I park? I want some grass not in any mud. So is there any particular spot where I can find some grass to park on all weekend? Just tell me which way to go when I pull in and I will go that way in the morning, that would be a huge help
Left up on the hill is where I am. I am not sure it be available by then though. There’s some nice grass as soon as you come in by the signup booth. It’s 6:18 and there’s not a ton of people here. I’ll update later.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Left up on the hill is where I am. I am not sure it be available by then though. There’s some nice grass as soon as you come in by the signup booth. It’s 6:18 and there’s not a ton of people here. I’ll update later.
okay thanks just trying to get a general idea of where to go cya in the morning

jj584

PR Addict
okay thanks just trying to get a general idea of where to go cya in the morning
It’s filling in pretty steady. If you see something at the front where you sign in take it. Everything I see that’s flat and dry is taken. Behind the concession stands is going to unusable, all weekend. There’s open spots but I have a class C with hydraulic leveling and I wouldn’t take it. Truck and enclosed trailer I would

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
5AE00210-B3E1-4692-B27B-0AEAF2055301.jpeg
DC35D8CD-27C7-41A6-B079-05C782D2BB71.jpeg
35ED8FBA-8A97-4FF7-B9AC-4094A1A387C5.jpeg

Well it was a super cold weekend with practice on Friday being low 40s and all day Saturday it being 38 degrees but it sure was a fun one. Pretty good crowd for the most part. Never rode in snow and I guess that gets checked off the list. Ended up going 2-2 for second overall both 450b limited and 450b and went 6-4 for fourth overalll in Collegeboy due to a crash in first moto. Track this weekend was super fun has a good layout but man the holes are insane. Like the chop holes are huge especially when on Saturday I was moto 17 out of 19 and Sunday I was 12 and 17 out of 19 with no intermission in between. Good weekend though just wish the weather was better but definitely worth the 3 1/2 hour drive.

Negatives: My one and only problem is them running the D14 local race with a LLAQ. I don’t think it should be aloud at all and honestly I think it’s stupid because no one showed up for the d14 classes anyways. Plus it’s very irritating and annoying when my last moto on Saturday didn’t go off till 7:15 and Sunday my last race was 6. Another issue they had was getting a race order out for whatever reason I don’t know why. They wasted 45 minutes to an hour of time after practice trying to put a race order together on both Saturday and Sunday.
Without the negatives though it was a well worth trip and definitely would go back!

jj584

PR Addict
View attachment 75425View attachment 75426View attachment 75427
Well it was a super cold weekend with practice on Friday being low 40s and all day Saturday it being 38 degrees but it sure was a fun one. Pretty good crowd for the most part. Never rode in snow and I guess that gets checked off the list. Ended up going 2-2 for second overall both 450b limited and 450b and went 6-4 for fourth overalll in Collegeboy due to a crash in first moto. Track this weekend was super fun has a good layout but man the holes are insane. Like the chop holes are huge especially when on Saturday I was moto 17 out of 19 and Sunday I was 12 and 17 out of 19 with no intermission in between. Good weekend though just wish the weather was better but definitely worth the 3 1/2 hour drive.

Negatives: My one and only problem is them running the D14 local race with a LLAQ. I don’t think it should be aloud at all and honestly I think it’s stupid because no one showed up for the d14 classes anyways. Plus it’s very irritating and annoying when my last moto on Saturday didn’t go off till 7:15 and Sunday my last race was 6. Another issue they had was getting a race order out for whatever reason I don’t know why. They wasted 45 minutes to an hour of time after practice trying to put a race order together on both Saturday and Sunday.
Without the negatives though it was a well worth trip and definitely would go back!
The track is sweet and we did just ok. He scored a 7th in 250 c Jr limited and a 12th in regular c limited. Sundays results are nothing to report, struggling bad with starts. The C class stuff on Sunday was a complete disaster as both d-14 and LLQ was running a 250C and 450C. They did not provide a list of entries before the motos kicked off so you did not know your gate pick or if you were even in the correct moto. Take the good with bad I guess, track is a fun layout and a great place to get your "rough track" setup dialed in.

Vet261

PR Addict
Those pics look just like the time I raced there in snow. Crazy to have snow and the track turns out so good.

bruceb

PR Addict
My one and only problem is them running the D14 local race with a LLAQ. I don’t think it should be aloud at all and honestly I think it’s stupid
At least you don't have to worry about that at the regional. Congratulations on the strong results.