Need help on my CR!!!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Medium

2004 CR 125 Fiche -

Toddco327

PR Addict
I’m at a loss.

Sharc thank you so much and that’s the conclusion we’ve came up with. Really appreciate all the help from everyone.

I took apart the entire clutch. Basket and all. Put it all back together. Everything seems correct. Nothing out of place

Also I started with a metal ring then fiber. And ended with a fiber one. Based off what I read that’s how it goes. 7 metal 7 fiber.

Measured the pushrod and it’s 7 1/4” which seems to be the standard.

Also mic’d the plates and they are 3.0mm for the fiber and 1.4 for the metal.

Attachments

• 68D686AA-0600-4E6D-87E2-DCD3E8332029.jpeg
    68D686AA-0600-4E6D-87E2-DCD3E8332029.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 2DE27CE8-E485-4A3E-888B-70D6ECF24332.jpeg
    2DE27CE8-E485-4A3E-888B-70D6ECF24332.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 46

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
You have the basket, then you start with a fiber. Then metal, then fiber. Building the stack to end up with ther fiber at the very end. That will be the one that will apply friction to thr pressure plate

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
How do you know it’s not separating far enough? Have you had the engine together and running and try to articulate the clutch and it doesn’t work?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
also some had thicker fibers for the 2 outter plates. not sure if honda did that or not, and im too lazy to go lookup part numbers right now to see if 2 fibers are different, but maybe check that lol

Toddco327

PR Addict
WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!! We are in business. One to many metal plates. It’s perfect.

I’m extremely disappointed in myself on this. Something simple. But I assumed what was in there was correct. I guess you never assume

Vet261

PR Addict
Glad you figured it out!

Rule #1 on older bikes:
Never believe the person you got it from put things together correctly.

Rule #2:
Rule #1 especially applies if they tell you it's "race ready" LOL.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Glad you got it figured out !!
“Race Ready” is an acronym for - take me apart because the last goon had no clue -

It’s an inside joke between Vet & I.
I bought a “race ready” bike once.
I spent more $ on rebuilding than I spent to purchase it.

Vet261

PR Addict
I've gotten burned by "race ready" too, was scrambling at Gatorback in Florida one year because of that!