Dungey coming back

jeffro667

PR Addict
I know we don't like facts on the Internetz, but.....

Pala:
Tomac finished 1:03 behind moto 1
Anderson finished 1:34 behind moto 2
Craig was 30+ seconds behind both motos

Hangtown:
Anderson 27 seconds behind moto 2 (and got the OA)
Roczen 29 seconds behind moto 1 and 31 seconds back moto 2
Tomac 31 seconds behind moto 1
Craig 44 seconds behind moto 1 and 37 seconds back moto 2

The only 450 racer who hasn't been completely smoked by the leader so far is Sexton.
That's right on the money, but Sexton and Ando both have a tendency to have really bad motos too. I still think Dungey has a good chance, but probably not if Tomacs knee is improving. Who would have ever guessed that Tomac would turn into Mr consistent!

John250

PR Founding Father
That's right on the money, but Sexton and Ando both have a tendency to have really bad motos too. I still think Dungey has a good chance, but probably not if Tomacs knee is improving. Who would have ever guessed that Tomac would turn into Mr consistent!
I agree with this. Anderson and sexton will probably both have motos they crash out of. Just their history. If tomacs knee is not bothering him, it will probably be his to lose in the end.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
He is a calculated machine caring for nothing more than being safe, consistent and winning titles. Works for him, works for you and many others. He did it right, just not why I watch MX.
Dave clearly decides who is exciting or not based on how many times they show up in his subscription to Crash and Burn magazine.

Stop letting personal feelings get in the way of common sense. "Doing whatever it takes to win" AGAIN. only RC has more wins. So based on that ALONE. Everyone is boring except RC?

hershey

PR Elite
Dave clearly decides who is exciting or not based on how many times they show up in his subscription to Crash and Burn magazine.

Stop letting personal feelings get in the way of common sense. "Doing whatever it takes to win" AGAIN. only RC has more wins. So based on that ALONE. Everyone is boring except RC?
I've already explained it, like I said above I'm not doing it again.

Glad he is exciting for you and others but he isn't in my eyes. That's the great thing again about life, everyone has a different opinion. In this case you aren't any more right than I am. But the difference is a couple of you seem to think I'm wrong and a bad person for it where I'm happy you like him and don't think any different t of those who like him.

hershey

PR Elite
I know we don't like facts on the Internetz, but.....

Pala:
Tomac finished 1:03 behind moto 1
Anderson finished 1:34 behind moto 2
Craig was 30+ seconds behind both motos

Hangtown:
Anderson 27 seconds behind moto 2 (and got the OA)
Roczen 29 seconds behind moto 1 and 31 seconds back moto 2
Tomac 31 seconds behind moto 1
Craig 44 seconds behind moto 1 and 37 seconds back moto 2

The only 450 racer who hasn't been completely smoked by the leader so far is Sexton.
And each of them had fantastic results at some point in 4 motos. Anderson won the overall. Tomac won a moto, both rode through the pack to get there. Roczen almost won moto 1 the week before, ended up 2nd overall. Craig was 3rd overall the week before. The Dung was 30 seconds of the week before and 50 this week. He has been consistent alright, consistently getting worse. Lol

k01

PR Elite
I really enjoyed the old golden boy, Brock Glover's surfing and shredding analogy from the Hangtown broadcast. The appearance of repeatedly taking it right to the edge to bring it back is what Dungey lacks in style and winning racing philosophy. So for hershey, let's just blame boring Ryan and his ways on the poor state of surfing in the Minnesota farmland.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
If RD5 and AC222 were not there that field would be super thin. Get outside the top 12 and the results look like a local ProAm.
Just shows how elite those riders really are... Pretty much always has been top5 to 10....

Carlisle

PR Member
I really enjoyed the old golden boy, Brock Glover's surfing and shredding analogy from the Hangtown broadcast. The appearance of repeatedly taking it right to the edge to bring it back is what Dungey lacks in style and winning racing philosophy. So for hershey, let's just blame boring Ryan and his ways on the poor state of surfing in the Minnesota farmland.
Speaking of glover, did anyone else catch him talking about tomac’s setup. How tomac goes by feel. I heard glover say tomac likes an 8 yr old tire design. He likes the feel of it but glover never came out and said what model. I find that interesting that with all the technology and new designs of the tire that one of the fastest riders in the world likes an old design better.

hershey

PR Elite
Speaking of glover, did anyone else catch him talking about tomac’s setup. How tomac goes by feel. I heard glover say tomac likes an 8 yr old tire design. He likes the feel of it but glover never came out and said what model. I find that interesting that with all the technology and new designs of the tire that one of the fastest riders in the world likes an old design better.
McGrath rode the 93 cr frame until the aluminum frame came out. He hated the aluminum frame too.

Carlisle

PR Member
Just making sure the 2022 champ gets his camera time.
It’s a great story. The 2nd moto was absolutely exciting. So happy for roczen. He held off tomacs charge. Eli settled back thinking ok I got the overall, so he rode the rest of the race boring and look dumbass sexton crashed like a spode and the one that never gave up won!!! The sport misses Stewart and Carmichael! Or should I say the fans miss those 2 riders.

Toddco327

PR Addict
It’s a great story. The 2nd moto was absolutely exciting. So happy for roczen. He held off tomacs charge. Eli settled back thinking ok I got the overall, so he rode the rest of the race boring and look dumbass sexton crashed like a spode and the one that never gave up won!!! The sport misses Stewart and Carmichael! Or should I say the fans miss those 2 riders.
All riders use the “settle” race strategy which I don’t fault them. Tomac does it but Tomac is also exciting when he puts on a charge or battles from the back of the pack. Which he does often. He also crashes.

I’m not a Dungey fan. I make fun of him and “don’t like” him cuz he’s not my style. I love Barcia and he’s exciting to watch. But he will never be Dungey. Dungey is just an overall good rider. He does exactly what he’s supposed to do. I just like flair.

2436F8FB-D948-4E9B-BD51-450DF493C6F5.jpeg

Carlisle

PR Member
All riders use the “settle” race strategy which I don’t fault them. Tomac does it but Tomac is also exciting when he puts on a charge or battles from the back of the pack. Which he does often. He also crashes.

I’m not a Dungey fan. I make fun of him and “don’t like” him cuz he’s not my style. I love Barcia and he’s exciting to watch. But he will never be Dungey. Dungey is just an overall good rider. He does exactly what he’s supposed to do. I just like flair.

View attachment 76032
You still didn’t prove your point. Dungey is boring so y’all say. He’s put on a charge before like tomac just did this weekend. But when dungey backs off and settles for the result it’s different than when tomac does it. Please explain

John250

PR Founding Father
Biggest disappointment to me so far is Plessinger. I really thought Aaron would come out swinging in the outdoors after last year.

Haven't talked to anyone to see what's going on, but man you wonder if Aaron would not have been better just staying at Star. He looked so good on the Yamaha last year.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Im surprised Dung did not finish better this week. Thought that track would fit him better.
Like Johnny i am more concerned with AP. The other two KTM sure are getting good starts Hope he turns it around soon.

Craig is back to reality. No worries, he will get another top 10... at the last round back in Cali.
At ruts and he falls apart like the 40+ class at Chilitown.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Biggest disappointment to me so far is Plessinger. I really thought Aaron would come out swinging in the outdoors after last year.

Haven't talked to anyone to see what's going on, but man you wonder if Aaron would not have been better just staying at Star. He looked so good on the Yamaha last year.
It's not the bike

k01

PR Elite
It's not the bike
Or I could be in part the bike. He was the one really pushing the new chassis to get results before the best setup was found and paid the price. Hopefully he's totally healed will has made up for his time off the bike but who knows? Certainly isn't showing flashes of speed like he has in the past.