rocky mountain can suck it

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Just venting...

I apparently can no longer order from rocky mtn...

I ordered a brake pedal like, 8 months ago.. and it didn't fit. I called them they had me email in pics etc.. verified part #.. basically said IDK thats correct so tough s**t. I called the mfg.. (hammerhead) and they confirmed that rocky has the wrong part number and i was sent the wrong part. I contacted them again to let them know that the mfg confirmed its wrong, and that they should change it before the same thing happens to other ppl.

They literally said "thats whats in our system so we cant do anything".. so I disputed the charge on my credit card to get my money back, as I had a part that didn't fit correctly.

Fast forward now I've tried to make 2 orders and they have cancelled them both, because my accounts flagged because of that chargeback.

I've tried to talk to a supervisor and thats just "their policy".. I said I bet your policy should also be to send customers the right parts too.... or to fix it if they didnt, but hmm they didnt seem to follow that policy!!

So annoying as thats where the race bucks get sent to. I've talked to 2 different people and they were both assholes about it... I get it that policy is there to protect them from buyers trying to scam them.. but this was their fault.. now im treated like a criminal or something when im just trying to give them my money after giving them how many thousands over the years?

what a joke!

hershey

PR Elite
Just venting...

I ordered a brake pedal like, 8 months ago.. and it didn't fit. I called them they had me email in pics etc.. verified part #.. basically said IDK thats correct so tough s**t. I called the mfg.. (hammerhead) and they confirmed that rocky has the wrong part number and i was sent the wrong part. I contacted them again to let them know that the mfg confirmed its wrong, and that they should change it before the same thing happens to other ppl.

They literally said "thats whats in our system so we cant do anything".. so I disputed the charge on my credit card to get my money back, as I had a part that didn't fit correctly.

Fast forward now I've tried to make 2 orders and they have cancelled them both, because my accounts flagged because of that chargeback.

I've tried to talk to a supervisor and thats just "their policy".. I said I bet your policy should also be to send customers the right parts too.... or to fix it if they didnt, but hmm they didnt seem to follow that policy!!

So annoying as thats where the race bucks get sent to. I've talked to 2 different people and they were both assholes about it... I get it that policy is there to protect them from buyers trying to scam them.. but this was their fault.. now im treated like a criminal or something when im just trying to give them my money after giving them how many thousands over the years?

what a joke!
Well you are a a$$hole so there is that!

The real problem is today's generation of people don't know how to look past what some effing computer screen is telling them and actually do a little research, like you did. My friend just had an issue with an FMF silencer that looked wrong, RMATV guy actually did all the research and FMF got involved. All got fixed.

John250

PR Founding Father
RMATVMC had the same part number for a YZ 250F and 450F wiring harness. Both Yamaha YZ MFG part numbers were different, but the RMATVMC part numbers were the same. We had a whole wiring harness installed and figured out it was missing 1 connection for the 450. They had sent us a 250 harness. Luckily they took it back. The 450 harness was on a ship some where. Luckily Rock River had one in stock. Cost me alot more, but I found the part.

JMO330

PR Member
I feel like its hit and miss with RMATVMC. Seems to be getting worse the larger they get. When they ship, you never know if your going to receive it in 2 days, or 6 days. Thats been my biggest complaint.

Toddco327

PR Addict
You could take it up with the BBB. That usually gets results. Plus if you have a paper trail of how they are wrong on their end.

A bad Google review doesn’t hold as much weight as a BBB complaint.

Or just make another account.

MX315

PR Addict
Just venting...

what a
Are you asking for credit cards again?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, that sucks man. It is true that it is hit or miss in who you are talking to. Is that way with anywhere today. Not just RMATV or the reason they are getting so big... It is society these days to the greater extent. You didn't tell them to go French their Mother did ya? I heard they don't like that... ???

Most of them could care less if they provide good service or not. I ordered a boat load...well, a bottom end load last Friday (OEM parts my local shop said was on backorder) and forgot a few things that I remembered about yesterday of which the Friday order was delivered Monday even though it said Tuesday... I got a girl who gladly shipped out my extra parts I forgot shipping free. I then also remembered a couple other things later that afternoon. Wasn't so lucky there as that person didn't feel like going out of their way and probably just got back from lunch and hadn't ate it all yet and the bread on the sandwich was getting dry while she was talking to me...

Is what it is bro. Your sitchiation definite bummer. As bad as it is, in a pinch, RMATV can definitely be a beneficial option when local can't come through. Hopefully you can work it out...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, after I sang the praise, they let me down. My orders on Monday that said they would be here Tuesday... well, one came in today and the other supposedly tomorrow... ho hum....

jeffro667

PR Addict
I always order some type of oil or lube. Then it comes fed ex and I get it next day every time.
That's wild that FedEx is the dependable option up there. Down here in the hills, they are far and away the least dependable, way worse than usps even!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
That's wild that FedEx is the dependable option up there. Down here in the hills, they are far and away the least dependable, way worse than usps even!
Fed Ex is the worst around here. Maybe not so much with RMATV, but anything else it's the pits. I always get notification that it is on the truck and they just do not attempt to deliver it...nor seem to care. Somewhat try the next day, but no guarantees. USPS is most reliable for sure...

John250

PR Founding Father
I've only had the one part problem. Usually when I order before 7pm the parts are on my front porch by 11am the next morning. Even when I order on Fridays Fed Ex usually shows up on Saturday with the stuff. Only time it takes longer is when it comes out of Utah warehouse.

ktrop251

PR Member
@TwentyThreeMX I ordered some badass looking Footpegs directly from flo Motorsports. Went to bolt them on and they didn’t fit at all. I called them, they told me they’re right. Sent them pictures of the OEM pegs next to theirs and they clearly weren’t even close. Still said nope they’re right. You can send them back and pay shipping plus the restock fee. Wtf? Luckily they said they’d accept them and sent a shipping label but it’s a pain the ass anymore to get the right stuff.

JMO330

PR Member
I know this is old, but Rocky Mountain can still suck it...... Someone should re up this post everytime they get burnt. I understand they cant control what happens to the package once it leaves their facility. BUT a little back up or support from their side would be nice. Instead of "we will make a claim and refund or resend your items once its resolved." SO ive gotta wait another week or 2? (I already waited 7 business days). Its now been 5 business days, since they made their claim. Still no parts, no refunds. I drove 35 minutes to a local shop and purchased everything I already purchased from RMATVMC. I then called them, told them to refund me. The lack of give a s**t about their consumer is what got me and I've spent thousands with them this past spring. BRING BACK LOCAL SMALL BIKE SHOPS. Rant over....

John250

PR Founding Father
I have zero issues with rocky mountain. They even sent me a part they had the same part number in their system for both a 250 and 450. Took it back unpackaged, full couple hundred refund. No issues. We can order stuff and it's at the house the next day or two days at the most. Hell if we order on Friday, most times fed ex even delivers it on Saturdays alot of the time.

So for all those with issues, I think there are probably way more that have zero issues with RMATVMC

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I bought a piston for my 500 in spring of 2020, just got around to rebuilding it last week to see the piston is too small. Called RM to see if i could exchange jt or get a refund, and even though it was ordered 2 years ago, they sent me a shipping label to return it and refunded my purchase price as well as shipping. Also recently had a return on gloves that didn’t fit my son. Again free return label and FedEx lost the package, RM sent me a new pair without any hesitation. I will continue to buy from them no questions asked

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
ive generally had good experiences with them but this was a pretty unique situation that still hasnt been resolved (ive given up).