Moto vans

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So I think I’m going to get a moto van but I want some ideas and how to set it up the best for moto. I know some of you got a moto van so show it off and say what you did to it so I can get a idea

ck1racerx

PR Addict
DE681110-AEA6-4C4A-9A2B-B213D1D84E83.jpeg

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
What do they mean by Yamahauler?.... chica, chica, bow-wow...

I have a good idea of what I wanna do I was just seeing if anyone has stuff you shouldn’t do and what is the best plan. I want a wall seperating the bikes and front and I want a bench seat/ futon as a bed. But on the side walls and stuff idk exactly what type of insulation and stuff to use could I do insulation and instead of using wood over top could I just put up the outdoor carpet?

hershey

PR Elite
I have a good idea of what I wanna do I was just seeing if anyone has stuff you shouldn’t do and what is the best plan. I want a wall seperating the bikes and front and I want a bench seat/ futon as a bed. But on the side walls and stuff idk exactly what type of insulation and stuff to use could I do insulation and instead of using wood over top could I just put up the outdoor carpet?
Check out Ryan Villipotos sprinter van

jj584

PR Addict
So I think I’m going to get a moto van but I want some ideas and how to set it up the best for moto. I know some of you got a moto van so show it off and say what you did to it so I can get a idea
Opinions are like assholes and here is mine. Conversion van and enclosed trailer. I am not a fan of moto vans especially if you plan to sleep in it.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Opinions are like assholes and here is mine. Conversion van and enclosed trailer. I am not a fan of moto vans especially if you plan to sleep in it.
I don’t plan in sleeping in it all the time or anything I just want it as an option and when we are traveling far the girlfriend is always sleeping. I will still pull the enclosed trailer I got behind it but on practice days and one day trip local races it would be nice to just take that and and have the bikes away from weather and everything . Also when I plan on going south I can secure my bikes.

jj584

PR Addict
I don’t plan in sleeping in it all the time or anything I just want it as an option and when we are traveling far the girlfriend is always sleeping. I will still pull the enclosed trailer I got behind it but on practice days and one day trip local races it would be nice to just take that and and have the bikes away from weather and everything . Also when I plan on going south I can secure my bikes.
I would find a G20 conversion and remove the seating you don't want. The commercial ones I see are high mileage, high priced and highly abused.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I would find a G20 conversion and remove the seating you don't want. The commercial ones I see are high mileage, high priced and highly abused.
I’ve looked at every extended van I could find in 500 miles and I’ve found some super nice ones. Just gotta sell my truck before I pull the trigger

Scoob

PR Founding Father
When I was thinking this path, I always wanted to get a 4wd van, but from what I've researched, they haven't made those for years...if at all. The ones I saw could have been some sort of conversion to 4wd. If you look at my profile pic, that may give you a clue why I might have thought that way... I waited long enough, so it passed...lol.

Best of luck!

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
When I was thinking this path, I always wanted to get a 4wd van, but from what I've researched, they haven't made those for years...if at all. The ones I saw could have been some sort of conversion to 4wd. If you look at my profile pic, that may give you a clue why I might have thought that way... I waited long enough, so it passed...lol.

Best of luck!
Yeah I don’t think they make 4wd vans anymore all I’ve seen is two. But I’ll still pull my trailer with it and I’ve been looking at 2500 and 3500

hershey

PR Elite

Best of luck!
MX955 had a few chevy 4wd vans recently

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Yeah get a van - I am in a pickup now and it sucks I miss my vans every single day.

That being said - throw up a dividing wall between the front and back - seal it off good to keep smell out and it makes the front cab ride like a car. You won't regret it.

If you're going to daily drive it would kind of suck but I love them so much it wouldn't matter. Makes traveling for motocross better in almost every single way.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Yeah get a van - I am in a pickup now and it sucks I miss my vans every single day.

That being said - throw up a dividing wall between the front and back - seal it off good to keep smell out and it makes the front cab ride like a car. You won't regret it.

If you're going to daily drive it would kind of suck but I love them so much it wouldn't matter. Makes traveling for motocross better in almost every single way.
Nope only going to be used on the weekends to go to practice and races I have a old ford ranger stick shift I drive as my daily and I love that truck. I have talked to many people at the track and really loved the idea of my bikes being secured and safe when I go places but also protected from weather and I want a wall that’s completely seal from the back for sure