Moto vans

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
The extended length helps alot but is not necessary if your only gonna be hauling for practice days. When we did our first walls and ceiling I used mineral wool insulation with some spray adhesive then covered it up with cheap luan wood (lightweight easy to build with). The insulation helps a ton for keeping the temperature regulated. I chose the wool insulation because its supposed to be better for mold and mildew vs. the pink stuff you commonly see.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
The extended length helps alot but is not necessary if your only gonna be hauling for practice days. When we did our first walls and ceiling I used mineral wool insulation with some spray adhesive then covered it up with cheap luan wood (lightweight easy to build with). The insulation helps a ton for keeping the temperature regulated. I chose the wool insulation because its supposed to be better for mold and mildew vs. the pink stuff you commonly see.
Okay thanks I appreciate it and I will do insulation and all that depending on what is already done and what is once I buy one

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
96874604-56D5-4610-B4BE-F320C18FB90C.jpeg
341F87BA-B8C3-479C-AD60-AAE88E9D2AF2.jpeg
D589CA65-F691-46E4-A9C3-93C146BE5D16.jpeg

So I ended up buying a van about a week ago and man I was in for one. Bought it off the lot at the dealership where someone made it into a bed and camper style. I ripped all of it out. Kept their sidewalls and flooring and went to work. The van isn’t completely done by any means but I thought I would show the progress. We got the wall up. Which took forever to do. We have a auxiliary battery and inverter thanks to previous owners. Also has fans and outlets that run off shore power. It’s a 2006 gmc savanna 2500 diesel with 160k miles. Ended up finding a seat that turns into a bed off Facebook marketplace and bought it, cleaned it, and put it in there. Still have quite a few things to do yet with putting in the radio and hooks in the wall but overall set up for moto. Future plans are to paint the wall, get tinted windows, and get two big stickers for the side.
8EE69645-814A-4AC6-9AEC-D6A1AF9262F6.png

Toddco327

PR Addict
Love it!

Only opinion I have is to not put your name and moto stuff on the side. The less you advertise what you could have in there the less chance of it getting stolen. I love the idea. Unfortunately the reality of today is things get stolen.

Again it’s only my opinion. We know people have problems with them and it’s in no way an attack on you personally. hahahahahaha

Scoob

PR Founding Father
So true the advice above... ^^^^^

I saw your design and thought way too cool. Would be too sweet. I guess, in the end, your choice in the risk you are willing to take. At the track you may be OK...may be...would like to think will be....but on the road, at the hotel if you did so (even in the seemingly good part of town), and/or at the arena (Futures SX, etc.), there are definitely some F$%@ers out there that will destroy and take what they can. Even if you lock it up well, they won't have an issue telling you they were pissed they couldn't get the goods by destroying what they can on the outside...

If you could make them magnet or somehow easily removed when on those trips at least.... In the end, def your call.

Other than that, like the progress. Too cool. Being a GM guy for the most part (other than my 2003 Lincoln LS... :() I can appreciate the GMC. ;)

John250

PR Founding Father
I must be the only guy that does not worry about theft. You know I pay a lot of money for insurance on everything I own. The last thing I am going to do is sit and worry about everything being stolen. Lock things up the best you can, don't make it easy on them, but in the end don't worry about it.

I had a guy I knew that was scared to death someone was gonna steal his Harley (that was just like a million other ones), that he would not go places. Nuts. Hell half the time I don't even lock the ignition on mine.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I am on the edge about the sticker still. But I am going to buy for $100 those bars that go over the back window so if someone does smash the window to break in that bar would prohibit them from actually getting in easily

Meister

PR Founding Father
Aj and Jordan at Vert can do some sick stuff for the vans!

Looking sweet! Best Duramax year in that beast too!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I must be the only guy that does not worry about theft. You know I pay a lot of money for insurance on everything I own. The last thing I am going to do is sit and worry about everything being stolen. Lock things up the best you can, don't make it easy on them, but in the end don't worry about it.

I had a guy I knew that was scared to death someone was gonna steal his Harley (that was just like a million other ones), that he would not go places. Nuts. Hell half the time I don't even lock the ignition on mine.
I'm with you actually, but it's a choice. Just can't advertise for the f'ers. I have a friend that is freakish about things like this....and his work van gets broken into with all his good tools stolen in a supposedly nice neighbor hood. The unfortunate thing is insurance doesn't cover the immediate frustration and inconvenience. Is what it is.