Lets talk Byron qualifier

pape718

PR Member
So who's been there? Over an inch of rain thurs and fri, how does that place handle the water? It's supposed to be nice for sat and Sunday. Going either way, just want to be prepared.

Also, how is parking there with that much rain? My big nasty rig gets stuck on flat ground with wet grass lol
Gay

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
reminded me kind of what I remembered tomahawk dirt as (disclaimer: only got a few laps around tomahawk before major storms came and they shut us down due to lightning) so I could be off. Had a lot of mulch though, some fun elevation, was an easy track to learn I thought. I could see it being a fun qualifier.

hershey

PR Elite
So Austin was practice 2, it was muddy but not terrible. By the time he went out for his first moto (#5), the track was great. Stayed good all day. Some dust towards the end but not bad.
Track got pretty rough, lots of lines with good racing all day. Light crowd, austins 85 10-12 class was one of the bigger groups with 22 I think. Went 4-5 for 5th, he rode pretty good. On to tomorrow.

jj584

PR Addict
We slipped out of there with overalls of 5,8,12 and 17 in the C stuff. Nicely ran facility I think. Still baffled by how the track dried out in spots on Saturday.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
What time did you get done on both days. Seems like all these tracks are running series with llaq which is annoying and shouldn’t be aloud to happen but is what it is

jj584

PR Addict
What time did you get done on both days. Seems like all these tracks are running series with llaq which is annoying and shouldn’t be aloud to happen but is what it is
We were driving out of the gate at 3Pm on Sunday, I think we finished around 4 on Saturday. It was one of the better run tracks that I have been to, second only to Millville I would say. Zero issues from signup to rolling out.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
We were driving out of the gate at 3Pm on Sunday, I think we finished around 4 on Saturday. It was one of the better run tracks that I have been to, second only to Millville I would say. Zero issues from signup to rolling out.
Looks like I need to make the trip there next year if they run it that good

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
baja.jpg

results.jpg

We did Baja
Track was great
On the way home by 3:00
Light crowd, yet plenty of speed for the front runners

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
That first lap of practice - Damn, this is fun ! I got this !!
Last lap of your second moto - Who set off the Fn' grenades ?

...There was no track prep / no intermission.
Light watering while bikes were on the track.
They started the second set with no gap in the program.

hershey

PR Elite
Only 2 things could be improved. Sat they did zero prep from the last race behind the gate. The starting area had puddles of water behind the gates in the ruts. I said something and they fixed that for Sunday so all good there. Both days each moto didn't start until the last rider was off the track. Wasted 30 seconds or so per moto on that, no reason at all.

Track conditions? Premium. Track fun factor? Off the charts. Super rough and rutted, it really separated riders making racing really good too. Austin really enjoyed the deep ruts and massive breaking bumps. He got a 4th sat and a hard fought 8th on Sunday. Definitely would go back.

jj584

PR Addict
Only 2 things could be improved. Sat they did zero prep from the last race behind the gate. The starting area had puddles of water behind the gates in the ruts. I said something and they fixed that for Sunday so all good there. Both days each moto didn't start until the last rider was off the track. Wasted 30 seconds or so per moto on that, no reason at all.

Track conditions? Premium. Track fun factor? Off the charts. Super rough and rutted, it really separated riders making racing really good too. Austin really enjoyed the deep ruts and massive breaking bumps. He got a 4th sat and a hard fought 8th on Sunday. Definitely would go back.
My kid loved the way the track developed, there was some really good racing all weekend.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict

Gotta love Baja right. Figured it would be a light crowd up there. Only the locals wanna ride that deep deep sand. Bet it was gd out for sure

jfalat

PR Addict

Who went with you Sharc.. how did you guys end up?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
IMG_7561.jpg

Silvers.
He did +45 & +50
Second in both classes
$20 and $40 off a set of Dunlops

I rode +60 ( a non qualifying class)
I was the only guy
I won - ;)

Honest ? I had a hell of a time keeping a girl on supermini behind me .....
I looked back a few times and was like !!!!!! fuk, she's still right there !!!