Racing in the rain

John250

PR Founding Father
Man, everyone is so soft. Cancelling and not racing. Come on, it's motocross.

East Fork and Red Bud don't look good. East fork obviously cancelled already.

25244.jpeg
FB_IMG_1653056227347.jpg

hershey

PR Elite
Man, everyone is so soft. Cancelling and not racing. Come on, it's motocross.

East Fork and Red Bud don't look good. East fork obviously cancelled already.

View attachment 75811View attachment 75812
Lmao...you're the guy constantly defending Scott for canceling.

I certainly understand canceling it this weekend for Scott. You can't even park in there. You Jet ski guys would have a good time there though.

And Red Bud is just putting it on notice for now. If anyone can salvage a wet track, it's them....and Bobby at Malvern !

John250

PR Founding Father
I defend anyone cancelling due to weather. No one likes racing in crappy conditions and promoters lose money.

That was sarcasm.

jfalat

PR Addict
Man that's a mess... I did my fair share of mud racing back in the day, but I don't see anything fun about racing in those types of conditions..

hershey

PR Elite
I defend anyone cancelling due to weather. No one likes racing in crappy conditions and promoters lose money.

That was sarcasm.
Sissy. Racing in rain and mud is fine. Obviously you are unfamiliar with the MX nationals or better yet an off road race. Never seen a hare scramble or GNCC canceled unless the parking lot looked like Scott's.

John250

PR Founding Father
Hey I got two thirds at the red Bud regional in a mudder back in the day. But the days of me racing in those conditions are long past.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Only track I liked riding when it was soft was Red Bud or back in the day trail riding in Perry county. Can't imagine any tracks in Ohio, unless a lot of sand was brought into the mix, being fun...for me, especially now. I would have no need to ride in the muck these days. Spencer is decent in it, but just asking for trouble riding any 50 in it IMO.

If I had someone else to clean, lube, and repair my bike, I might be interested... It can be fun. Had fun at a GP at Fast Traxx a few years ago. Just me. You WILL NOT see me at any mud race/rides this year. Especially MX.

Rock on fair weather rider...no pun intended.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I don’t mind riding in it. But I HATE the cleanup process so I’d rather not ride in it
I would say that is more the reason why for me than the actual riding in it. Second would be the additional wear and tear on the machine. Granted, it's not preferable to ride in for me due to not being able in some or most cases to do what I like best about MX in getting the air time I like to get, but the "occasional" challenge is somewhat fun. Of course, the worse shape you are in, the more impact those times are where you are picking up the bike...

Like I said, Red Bud Vet Fest years ago was fun in it. I actually was amazed at how ridable the track was after the monsoon Friday night...

k01

PR Elite
Had fun at a GP at Fast Traxx a few years ago. Just me. You WILL NOT see me at any mud race/rides this year.
First race there last year. Heavy mid-day rain on a formerly perfect track. Think I was the only one who stayed upright in the really old guy class. Spent more at the carwash than I did for sign up in my second class, the mud session. This past weekend I pulled in the gate there to turn around and leave when the heavy rain started! Lol
IMG_20210424_160431765~4.jpg

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I’m curious to see how the John penton is going to be this weekend. With the rain today 80% storms Sunday for the race, it’ll be a 2 hour long slop fest, and I’m excited for it

Romanyak256

PR Addict
How was it ???
Us moto pussies want to see how real badasses just DGAF
It was amazing. First time ever in the woods. Dead last off the start, and by the end of the first lap was up to 4th. This was my second time on the bike since last Memorial Day when i broke my legs and back. Doing a 2 hour race wasn’t my best idea but i would do another again without a doubt. First half the track was fast, good lines, and the dirt was slick in the woods but manageable. Second half it rained and the woods turned to ice, people stuck everywhere, bikes seizing up left and right. I ended up 18th out of 30, stalled my bike more times than i can remember, took one soil sample, and just rode too conservatively once the rain started, but i finished and that’s all that matters to me

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
It was amazing. First time ever in the woods. Dead last off the start, and by the end of the first lap was up to 4th. This was my second time on the bike since last Memorial Day when i broke my legs and back. Doing a 2 hour race wasn’t my best idea but i would do another again without a doubt. First half the track was fast, good lines, and the dirt was slick in the woods but manageable. Second half it rained and the woods turned to ice, people stuck everywhere, bikes seizing up left and right. I ended up 18th out of 30, stalled my bike more times than i can remember, took one soil sample, and just rode too conservatively once the rain started, but i finished and that’s all that matters to me
Do a dry one I promise they are fun as hell.