FIM world Supercross

John250

PR Founding Father
Looks like the first 4 of 10 franchise teams have been announced. Moto Concepts is on the list.

I honestly can see this working. Because some of these guys can race supercross year around and make more money than racing the AMA outdoor series.

I wish the AMA would combine the two series for an AMA grand champion. Back when I was young you had a flat track champion, a road race champion and a TT champion. But they combined the three for a "grand national" champion. Those guys raced all three disciplines.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were the SX and MX champions, but a huge bonus was paid for being the overall SX/MX combined Grand Champion? Perhaps more guys would want to race both series and it would push them to get back on the track after an injury. Because now, once they are out of the points, they can be healed and they just start testing and practicing for MX or for SX and right the other series off for the remainder of the races.

Just a thought.

John250

PR Founding Father
Two more charter teams were announced today for world Supercross. Rick Ware Racing surprised me because of all he has going on in Nascar and Indy Car. Rick Ware honestly must have just tons of money.

Who wants to bet that world Supercross gets a better tv package than American supercross or motocross?

John250

PR Founding Father
They will all probably make more than most in AMA supercross is the reality of the new series.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I think it is all going to comedown to who are on the bikes. They need some big names. Much like the first version of the "USFL" They went out and got the best dudes at QB to be the face of the new league. Much respect to Brayton and Seely but I don't see them putting many butt in seats in these stadiums.

Have any other teams announced who are the riders?

Also going to be interesting to see if the teams identify backup or fill-in riders. With all the money they are putting up, I don't see them just not backfilling if and when someone gets hurt.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
The stars keep a coming...

CHAD REED TO RACE 2022 FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR MDK MOTORSPORTS

Chad-Reed-2022-FIM-World-Supercross.png

John250

PR Founding Father
There is a very good chance this could end up like LIV in golf. Paying these guys start money for the show and then purse money as well. Honestly this could be the wake up call Feld needs to actually change the purse structure.

John250

PR Founding Father
World SX lands yet another rider. Dean Wilson is racing now. Might get to the point these guys race world SX, AMA SX and take the summer off and let the local pros have at it in the outdoor series.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Man, am I the only one uninterested in this and put this on the level of gay as some of Hershey's dad jokes?

John250

PR Founding Father
Man, am I the only one uninterested in this and put this on the level of gay as some of Hershey's dad jokes?
Look at LIV in golf. They are getting huge names. Perhaps this series could be a major game changer for AMA supercross? I can only imagine the meetings happening right now with the AMA and Feld.

First thing I would do if I was the AMA and Feld. Do away with pointing out of the 250 class. Also do away with east and west. Have two pro classes. Change the purse structure. If you make the night show you're getting paid something. Then the mains purse structure is much larger. I would then do away with the KTM challenge. Bring in an A/B all-star race at each round of supercross. Run the heats during the day, and main 10 min plus two laps during the night show. These guys will be on 250s and will be the guys getting experience to race pro SX.