ME Vet Regional Championships

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Regional 22.jpg

The Mideast Vet Regional Championship is next weekend!!!!

Local LL Vet Hero Davey Jones on the event tee!

Movie Night featuring Terrafirma 5 and Steel Roots on the giant inflatable movie screen!

Pitbike Racing! Free Camping!

Regional Plus/Support classes for the same awards, number 1 plates, Champagne, no AQ needed, JUST SHOW UP and RACE.

OMA Points for 30+, 40+, 50+ when racing the corresponding Regional Plus+/Support class!

Open Pro Sport and 250 Pro Sport - 20 minute motos!!!

Toddco327

PR Addict
After last year all I remember is how hard the guy rounding up the trash worked. Guy was an absolute machine.

It is truly an amazing event to go to a regional. Sunday afternoon is extremely emotional. I think I cried 3 different times on the podium interviewing the kids that made it. The parents and kids put so much into it. But even though this is a VET regional there is so much that goes into it for everyone. You do a great job there running such a big event. Can’t wait to hear how it goes.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
After last year all I remember is how hard the guy rounding up the trash worked. Guy was an absolute machine.

It is truly an amazing event to go to a regional. Sunday afternoon is extremely emotional. I think I cried 3 different times on the podium interviewing the kids that made it. The parents and kids put so much into it. But even though this is a VET regional there is so much that goes into it for everyone. You do a great job there running such a big event. Can’t wait to hear how it goes.
Yeah seeing the families and their emotions last year for podium celebrations was the highlight of the weekend for sure. I just bought this big 400w jbl loudspeaker to point toward the podium so you can hear them better too!!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I had a couple people message me about adding a 25+ support class, and to confirm Warrior and Vet 30 for support. Trying to push the support classes a bit, thats where I think the Vet regional lacks a bit. Theres only 9 actual Regional classes. We could do it all on Saturday if it were just those 9. Possibly do it all with the Plus/Support classes too!! Lol.

Meister

PR Founding Father
The structure is definitely lacking if they're trying to find value for potential national class additions.

It's pretty silly if you ask me that there's a +30 national class and a +30 r+ class.. Only difference is no useless "sportsman" designation. This will allow like gibby and a couple other guys to ride it. Has to be an oopsie or something. Unless I'm missing the logic. Think RC or Emig going to show up for an R+ class? Lol

This year during the class debacle, they removed the b/c designation from the r+ class and added it to to national class.. After they decided to switch the national class back to sportsman, they messed up and never changed the r+ class back. So now you have two of the same class. Might as well pull that +30 r+ and give that +25 b/c or whatever a shot. Or 35 like it was last year.

I was going to ride and extra class but it just doesn't make sense with what's available. Guessing 5-10 entries is that r+ 30 class, if that.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The structure is definitely lacking if they're trying to find value for potential national class additions.

It's pretty silly if you ask me that there's a +30 national class and a +30 r+ class.. Only difference is no useless "sportsman" designation. This will allow like gibby and a couple other guys to ride it. Has to be an oopsie or something. Unless I'm missing the logic. Think RC or Emig going to show up for an R+ class? Lol

This year during the class debacle, they removed the b/c designation from the r+ class and added it to to national class.. After they decided to switch the national class back to sportsman, they messed up and never changed the r+ class back. So now you have two of the same class. Might as well pull that +30 r+ and give that +25 b/c or whatever a shot. Or 35 like it was last year.

I was going to ride and extra class but it just doesn't make sense with what's available. Guessing 5-10 entries is that r+ 30 class, if that.
The R+ plus class actually has no "Sportsman", I added that based on feedback from others. I can remove it, but I'm not really sure it matters. What former pro is showing up for a support class, and now not because it has sportsman?? I could change it to 25+, just not have a 30+ support. At least we have a better chance at getting some guys to ride it.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I was thinking 7 for reg regional, and 9-10 for pro sport. Wouldnt 5 laps for Plus classes be better? or is this a bad idea?

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I was thinking 7 for reg regional, and 9-10 for pro sport. Wouldnt 5 laps for Plus classes be better? or is this a bad idea?
Everyone shows up at regionals and pays for the track time. I’m sure if you didn’t give the support classes there 7 laps someone would complain. But any idea of the practice or race order yet?

Vet261

PR Addict
I think PV had 60+ but not certain.

I think 7 and 9/10 is good for laps.

I'm not sure what to say about the support classes and how many laps.
To me at PV, racing the normal class and watching a handful of people race for 7 laps was a waste of time. But I'm sure the ones racing the classes didn't feel that way.
At PV on Sunday, they said they were going to take votes in staging on laps for support classes and either run 5 or 7, but I have no idea what was voted for each moto. I know the class while I was on the gate ran 7 laps.

The entire reason there are support classes is to break up the qualifying motos so people have time in between if they run two classes. So you really can't stagger many of the support classes together because then it defeats the purpose.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
If you can stagger, run them the full laps.
I got smoked by Bonnicksen but caught up to the back of the +35 pack and had a tongue dragging battle with two of them.
It was a riot -
They dropped them and within a few seconds we followed.
Lift the gate - and straight to Yellow light.
I got lapped the first Moto. But not the second & third !!!!!

Last edited: