Grears Motosports - Buckeye Series race

NQ1965

PR Elite
Made it down Saturday for a day of racing at Grear's Buckeye Series race.
We only had 5 racers in the two class's I was in, which was a major bummer, but we still made it good racing action. I held 3rd place in both moto's of the Vet class, and 4th place both moto's of Vintage class. Had a blast!
IMG_1942-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2115-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2189-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2012-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2026-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2122-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2160-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2178-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2196-rszd.jpg

IMG_2228-dnszd.jpg

IMG_2232-dnszd.jpg

As always, Nancy done a great job with the camera, and wonderful racing support. Was an awesome day!

IMG_0009-Rszd.jpg

Last edited:
Is that James Steward getting all that air over the front of the bike in the 3rd pic from the bottom? Looks like you had a great day.

Okay - I know the AHRMA Great Lakes race that was to go on there was recently cancelled but I had no idea about this deal. What were the Vintage or PV classes and what was it part of? Maybe just a bomber class of some type? Where was it posted/listed? I actually planned on doing the Flintridge dualsport in Thornville on Sunday but saw rain and bailed-no real rain so I should have went. Would have been a great weekend for me to ride the old bike MX Saturday and woods Sunday. Just would like to know how I missed this. Thanks

Okay - I know the AHRMA Great Lakes race that was to go on there was recently cancelled but I had no idea about this deal. What were the Vintage or PV classes and what was it part of? Maybe just a bomber class of some type? Where was it posted/listed? I actually planned on doing the Flintridge dualsport in Thornville on Sunday but saw rain and bailed-no real rain so I should have went. Would have been a great weekend for me to ride the old bike MX Saturday and woods Sunday. Just would like to know how I missed this. Thanks

Hi Bill,
My original plan was to race the Vet age classes on Sunday on my 98 CR and 03 YZ, just to get me some racing in as a Vintage Days warm up. But then I saw the Saturday line up, and that fit our schedule better because we had to babysit three of the grandkids for 12hrs on Sunday.

The one big snafu that I must confess to, and we didn't discover this until after the moto's were over, was that the Vet class was listed as "Warrior Vet", which didn't ring any alarm bells to us. Come to find out this was for "military Vets only". We're so used to the term "Vet" class that it just didn't occur to us. And the girls at sign-up didn't double check me on it either? I simply made a mistake. But with only 4 entries, and just a "no points issued" Buckeye Series day pass, I don't think they really minded having an older extra body on the gate.
The more I thought about it, no disrespect intended to the military guys, but having a 67-year-old Maico 490 racer there, that day,.......... hard to get more "Warrior Vet" than that!

For Vintage, it was just a simple, single open class for any and all "drum brake" machines.
************** Grear's is actually on the schedule for a 2nd, Fall season-Buckeye Series race on Sept 24/25th. ****************

1656380760792.png

And then, if Dave Grear gets the AHRMA race rescheduled, along with racing Honda Hills Sept 3/4 - Labor Day weekend, should be a great summer of racing.
BUT that being said, the Honda Hills race is an OMA District-X, "Battle Format" race, so I'm not sure if they'll fit in any sort of Vintage/PV/Evolution or Bomber classes outside of their standard OMA classes?
I just know that they had quite a few old bikes show up for their Grand Opening last year just for the opportunity to ride the iconic track again. Cross fingers and hope I guess, but careful not to make any assumptions.

1656381028872.png

Then there's also the AHRMA Regional at Lightening Raceway, Tippecanoe, Oh, October 15-16, which I remember seeing great pic's from Pitracer guys that raced it last year.
Haven't seen anything on Camp Cattail motocross this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: k01
Back