Roczen - World Supercross

John250

PR Founding Father
Looks like Ken Roczen is the first big superstar to jump into World Supercross. Watching what is happening with the PGA and LIV in golf, will be interesting if Feld or MX Sports try and ban these guys if they go and race World Supercross like the PGA is doing with golfers.

Listening to RC4 say he made more purse money in lower tier Nascar series in two and a half years than he made in his whole supercross and motocross career is shocking. Perhaps this could be the walk up call for Feld and MX Sports to anti up on the purse structure.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Possibly, but there are a lot more NASCAR fans, even at the lower levels, than there are SX/MX fans would be my guess. Can't pay riders money that was taken from Peter to pay Paul...More money in would equal more money out. You think RC4 would have become a NASCAR racer if he hadn't created the wealth and name he did in SX/MX? I think not..., but again, no idea really. Just thoughts...

That's not to say the money flowing to the riders isn't the same percentage of the revenue created as NASCAR, etc. I have no idea really on either. How long is the World SX Series? Looks like it starts in October. Although Roczen had a hard time doing just the state side SX series as a whole, I too would be curious if he could do both...

hershey

PR Elite
Possibly, but there are a lot more NASCAR fans, even at the lower levels, than there are SX/MX fans would be my guess. Can't pay riders money that was taken from Peter to pay Paul...More money in would equal more money out. You think RC4 would have become a NASCAR racer if he hadn't created the wealth and name he did in SX/MX? I think not..., but again, no idea really. Just thoughts...

That's not to say the money flowing to the riders isn't the same percentage of the revenue created as NASCAR, etc. I have no idea really on either. How long is the World SX Series? Looks like it starts in October. Although Roczen had a hard time doing just the state side SX series as a whole, I too would be curious if he could do both...
Lol....the rider payout for sx has barely moved in 20 years yet the price of rider entry, advertising and tickets has more than quadrupled. Riders are getting the shaft while the promoters are getting filthy rich.

John250

PR Founding Father
Lol....the rider payout for sx has barely moved in 20 years yet the price of rider entry, advertising and tickets has more than quadrupled. Riders are getting the shaft while the promoters are getting filthy rich.
Pretty much what RC said on the Dale Jr Download. His words "someone is making alot of money".

John250

PR Founding Father
Here is the purse per race.

Screenshot_20220630-124735_Chrome.jpg

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I don't doubt what you say, but what I'd like to see in the money in vs. the money out to the racers/riders. I'm all about percentages here. Where's Knoxy. He's all about this type of shtuff.... ;)

I would have to think the money in for NASCAR (i.e. entry fee, etc.) way exceeds anything we pay for SX/MX, but so does the flip side obviously. Just curious what the racers/riders are clearing of the whole pie...

hershey

PR Elite
I don't doubt what you say, but what I'd like to see in the money in vs. the money out to the racers/riders. I'm all about percentages here. Where's Knoxy. He's all about this type of shtuff.... ;)

I would have to think the money in for NASCAR (i.e. entry fee, etc.) way exceeds anything we pay for SX/MX, but so does the flip side obviously. Just curious what the racers/riders are clearing of the whole pie...
What does that matter? All I'm saying is rider payout has barley increased in 20 years yet the amount coming in has quadrupled.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
What does that matter? All I'm saying is rider payout has barley increased in 20 years yet the amount coming in has quadrupled.
Dude, you know all that matters. I guess cost has increased as well. I'm not saying the riders aren't getting shafted in the grand scheme, I just like to base accusations on facts more so, not assumptions and for all I have now is two geezers giving me their thoughts...and assumptions...because they typically think they know.

I can see where this is going. I best take a break from Pit Racer... Happy 4th everyone! ;)

Scoob

PR Founding Father
This is huge news. The new trend will be AMA Supercross and world SX. Why race the nationals.
Because it is the root of the sport... Couldn't see the Nationals going away, but never saw Kodak going away either. Nationals could become a young mans game though in the future if they don't make the changes needed. Talking younger than it is now. Only time will tell...good and/or bad...change is on the horizon. Is the fabric of the day these days...can't resist it.