RIP Bill Bader Sr.

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
I read that the long time owner of Summit Drag Raceway passed away Sunday and announced after the National that happened at Norwalk. He was very well liked by many people. Turned the track from a defunct track to a National event holder. Back in the 70's they had a MX track next door. It was a flat field but had a man made track that attracted some fast guys for the day. I raced there several times but was transitioning from a teen to young adult. So all those young fast guys smoked me, guys like Jeff Fox, Harold Robinson and John Leak. Sadly all 3 of those are deceased. I read that Bill died in a UTV accident in Idaho. RIP Bill.

Vet261

PR Addict
Wow RIP Bill. I raced at Norwalk MX once or twice back in the 80's.

Me in center with a couple high school buds Dave Dolesh (#218) and the late Jeremy Maichl with the KX80.

206652_1035051673915_5519_n.jpg

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
I love the picture, you were a skinny little dude. Check out the pits, one little home made easy up, Is that your mom's Oldsmobile? I don't see one enclosed trailer. Times have changed. That place was so dusty. My brother took his RM 125 and went over and drag raced it in his MX gear. Announcer said looks like he's on the wrong track.

vetmx793

PR Member
I grew up at Norwalk raceway Park racing BMX! He started one of the 1st organized BMX tracks in N. E. OHIO with the help from Parma schwinn cyclery's Joe Balbo! Bill was one of the nicest guys that enjoyed watching kids compete every Sunday and I got to meet alot of great people at the races and made alot of friends over the years because of Norwalk raceway!!! RIP Bill
20220701_220236.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: