Fast Traxx - Rumble By The River

NQ1965

PR Elite
Did a little GP racing on Sunday.
Haven't raced Fast Traxx since June 2018.
Photo credits: Nancy

Decade Class
IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

Nancy didn't even tell me she saw this until I saw the photo, haha!

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

Nancy nabbed some shots of Jeffro667 today as well. Always fun racing with guys you know. Had a blast!

IMG_2350-RSZD.jpg

IMG_2351-rszd.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

Last edited:
I've been meaning to go back there, just haven't gotten the chance as it's about 3 hr for me. Plus I always forget about them since I have to go search them out on FB to see anything.

Do they have any MX races anymore or just use the old MX track for GP's now only?

I've been meaning to go back there, just haven't gotten the chance as it's about 3 hr for me. Plus I always forget about them since I have to go search them out on FB to see anything.

Do they have any MX races anymore or just use the old MX track for GP's now only?
No mx there now, just bits of the track as part of the gp course. They still do the night track that they call sx.

He's made some changes and variations since 2018, but overall still the same.
What's kind of funny looking back on Sunday, is I went down feeling pretty confidant, and knew once I got the course down again after a lap or two I'd be good to wick it up and charge hard. I quickly found that I didn't have the cornering speed and rut railing skills to keep pace with the leaders. Them local boys in that part of the state have that track dialed in and I once again learned how slow and clumsy my riding is in the fast, tight and technical stuff.

In my Decade class I think I ended up 6th out of 8. And later in my 50+ class I barely just held onto 8th out of eleven. And the top 7 pulled five laps to our four, even though I did get the white flag.

The pic's Nancy took were only a small section of the track. Her hip was giving her issues and kept her from doing the usual running around that she would do for photo's. Our next trip down we are taking Nancy's Quad so that she can be more mobile up and down the length of the course.
Had a blast and can't wait to race it again. The Mulch mountains have especially become a really fun and cool track feature.

He's made some changes and variations since 2018, but overall still the same.
What's kind of funny looking back on Sunday, is I went down feeling pretty confidant, and knew once I got the course down again after a lap or two I'd be good to wick it up and charge hard. I quickly found that I didn't have the cornering speed and rut railing skills to keep pace with the leaders. Them local boys in that part of the state have that track dialed in and I once again learned how slow and clumsy my riding is in the fast, tight and technical stuff.

In my Decade class I think I ended up 6th out of 8. And later in my 50+ class I barely just held onto 8th out of eleven. And the top 7 pulled five laps to our four, even though I did get the white flag.

The pic's Nancy took were only a small section of the track. Her hip was giving her issues and kept her from doing the usual running around that she would do for photo's. Our next trip down we are taking Nancy's Quad so that she can be more mobile up and down the length of the course.
Had a blast and can't wait to race it again. The Mulch mountains have especially become a really fun and cool track feature.
Let me know when you're going next. Looks like Nancy didn't get any rutted section photos, the ruts were brutal most of last year. I've tried to get back there a couple of times this year but it hasn't happened yet. And dealing with the big crowds that they draw for most events now really isn't my favorite thing. You could race Millennium class on your Honda. Seems like there's a bunch of young guns in Decade class now days.

Let me know when you're going next. Looks like Nancy didn't get any rutted section photos, the ruts were brutal most of last year. I've tried to get back there a couple of times this year but it hasn't happened yet. And dealing with the big crowds that they draw for most events now really isn't my favorite thing. You could race Millennium class on your Honda. Seems like there's a bunch of young guns in Decade class now days.
Our plan was to race on Saturday, but then we had all those storms rolling through Friday night, and Athens area was getting repeat downpours. I learned my lesson on that. We had other plans for Sunday, but then I threw those out and said were going racing, haha. That was about 8pm Saturday night, and we didn't get home from the family cookout and fireworks show until 11pm. So it was a last minute pull together saturday night, and then up at 6am to gather, load to be there by 9am.

There were a fair amount of ruts, but the track dried out a lot by that afternoon.

I didn't see that listing for the Millennium class until after my Decade race was over. What a bummer! But my luck, I would of been the only bike, which was the case for the "Vintage drum brake" class.
I'd rather lose in a full class, than win in an empty class.

Back