COCR 7/23- 24

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So went to cocr today for the first time in almost 2 years and man it was really fun. Track was pretty good all day along with the prep. I was moto 1 and 5 and got home with a hour and half drive at 5:20. Only bad part was registration they need more people helping only one dude on the computer doesn’t work so practice started late. Also they wait way to long to start the next motos once the dude is on his way out the back section the next moto needs to start and would save so much time. Overall it was super fun and hot and they stayed on top of things all day. I had a good day going 4/4 on holeshots and 4/4 on moto wins, leading every lap so can’t complain. Had a blast just a few things may need addressed before the next event to make it run better

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Great riding Matt! You looked smooth all day.
There were a couple of things that could have moved a little quicker, but it was a good day overall. We had about 5 key members that couldn't make the race. But that showed the club that there must be more cross-functional training in the future. On the scoring part, the system that is used takes some time to load the next race in, and there were actually a few times yesterday where the first couple of riders in a moto didn't register because they were too quick to the finish. Also seeing what can be done about that. And it may just be that we hand score the first lap. How important are the lap times to you guys? Because you'll lose one laps timing if we did that.
Good to see a few Pitracers make it out, Mcaupp22, hershey and mjshafer. Good seeing you guys again.

Last edited:

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I don’t mind the scoring you guys have. I like transponders and seeing my laptimes. I just think they need more people in sign up doing the sticker that goes on your helmet because one dude isn’t enough for the amount of people but that’s a pretty easy fixed. Also was impressed during intermission it was full track prep and every single face was tracked in and smooth

John250

PR Founding Father
Ron505. So is it true that one of the downsides of the RFD stickers on the Helmet for scoring that you do have to let that last rider finish before starting the next moto? I always heard that was the reason that COCR made sure the whole moto was off the track before starting the next moto? Truth to that?

Because honestly outside of that the free stickers for the RFD is a great low cost way to score. You guys have been using it for a long time now. Amazing how a sticker on your helmet works like that.

hershey

PR Elite
We made the trek down for the weekend also. Got there about 845 pm Friday and it was packed already, had to park in the back 40 but it was still good parking and close to the track.

The grounds are nice looking with the green grass and gravel lanes in most places. Prepped tracks with green grass always look great. You have really good views of the entire track from many different places which makes spectating great.

Practice went good, prep wasn't bad and it was organized. Got through 3 sets before racing was supposed to start sat....then the storms hit!! They recovered great and racing sat was really good. I was a bit jealous the track wasn't that good in practice.

Overall we had a great time, prep was your typical club style (no offense, just what I've been accustomed to at club tracks). Not overly deep and gets hard packed. The track is fun, the jumps are safe but a couple sections don't seem to flow good.

The only hiccup I saw was the sign up/ racing thing. Not sure why we couldn't sign up for racing when we signed up for practice?

Anyway, if our schedule allows, we will be back. Lots of fun.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
We made the trek down for the weekend also. Got there about 845 pm Friday and it was packed already, had to park in the back 40 but it was still good parking and close to the track.

The grounds are nice looking with the green grass and gravel lanes in most places. Prepped tracks with green grass always look great. You have really good views of the entire track from many different places which makes spectating great.

Practice went good, prep wasn't bad and it was organized. Got through 3 sets before racing was supposed to start sat....then the storms hit!! They recovered great and racing sat was really good. I was a bit jealous the track wasn't that good in practice.

Overall we had a great time, prep was your typical club style (no offense, just what I've been accustomed to at club tracks). Not overly deep and gets hard packed. The track is fun, the jumps are safe but a couple sections don't seem to flow good.

The only hiccup I saw was the sign up/ racing thing. Not sure why we couldn't sign up for racing when we signed up for practice?

Anyway, if our schedule allows, we will be back. Lots of fun.
Old man finally threw the boots on and raced too! Austin was ripping he gets the starts down it’s over

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Thought they did a great job all day. Though it stayed somewhat dust free they have to figure out prep.

It does make me a tad bit angry they have one of my implements there and don’t use it. I have a National track and about 30 other tracks using that implement with zero complaints.

hershey

PR Elite
Thought they did a great job all day. Though it stayed somewhat dust free they have to figure out prep.

It does make me a tad bit angry they have one of my implements there and don’t use it. I have a National track and about 30 other tracks using that implement with zero complaints.
They just need to rip it deeper and get a lot more water on it before using your equipment or the funny little tiller they were using.

Nice meeting you btw.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Thanks for the kind words.

4 of the 5 key people that couldn't make the race were for sign up and scoring. Thus the comment I made about cross-functional training. That will be done. Thanks for dealing with the sign up issue guys. When I saw that line, the anxiety was definitely getting to me.

John250 - The scoring software needs the next race loaded for at least 30-45 seconds before it will start scoring, that's why I was asking if we could hand score the first lap. That would definitely save time.

By the way, nearly dust free in 90+ degree weather is a win for COCR.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Thanks for the kind words.

4 of the 5 key people that couldn't make the race were for sign up and scoring. Thus the comment I made about cross-functional training. That will be done. Thanks for dealing with the sign up issue guys. When I saw that line, the anxiety was definitely getting to me.

John250 - The scoring software needs the next race loaded for at least 30-45 seconds before it will start scoring, that's why I was asking if we could hand score the first lap. That would definitely save time.

By the way, nearly dust free in 90+ degree weather is a win for COCR.
I would just hand score that first lap so you can start motos once the last person is coming out of the back it would make the day speed up so much faster

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Sorry that I didn't get results up sooner, just got back from vaca in the smokies on the street steed's.

Attachments

• COCR Buckeye Series Results 07 24 22.pdf
    273.1 KB · Views: 84

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I would just hand score that first lap so you can start motos once the last person is coming out of the back it would make the day speed up so much faster
One thing you have to think, if they start the moto and someone is just coming out of the back section, and eats it for some reason, and they’re down, that class that just took off will be in the back section in a matter of of a minute or under..

hershey

PR Elite
One thing you have to think, if they start the moto and someone is just coming out of the back section, and eats it for some reason, and they’re down, that class that just took off will be in the back section in a matter of of a minute or under..
So what? Every track has that issue. Almost every track starts with riders still on the track. That's why the finish is always before the first turn.