Do the track owners want feedback or no??

dnutt

PR Member
I always wondered if track owners liked general feedback or not so much...? Would a track benefit from a suggestion box, (at the track or online) so you could get a general idea of what's working and what could be changed. Now we all know you'll never please everyone and maybe I wouldn't like my hard work being criticized either but in the end if it benefits attendance I would think it would be a good thing. Just curious on general opinions...

I always wondered if track owners liked general feedback or not so much...? Would a track benefit from a suggestion box, (at the track or online) so you could get a general idea of what's working and what could be changed. Now we all know you'll never please everyone and maybe I wouldn't like my hard work being criticized either but in the end if it benefits attendance I would think it would be a good thing. Just curious on general opinions...
Lol....thats like asking if someone likes coffee. Your going to get 1000 different answers

This must be a new member ….There are a couple guys on here that have good feed back all the time …Anything from track conditions to promotion. I believe ALL the track owners know them by their first names. Hahaha

See the thread “ask the experts”. It’s what most promoters look at when they have questions. It’s the Chiltons of MX

From me experience, when a track first opens or re-opens, the owners are open for comments, thoughts, suggestions. Then after things get rolling well them, it seems like owner only appreciate and consider feedback from a select few, or simply just the "fast" guys. You wont ever make everyone happy. Just be happy to be riding!

I think most appreciate it, but you have to understand that everyone, and I mean everyone has their version of what your track should be. Even the 3wheeler guys, stacyc parents, the idiots that agree with DHDS01. So, I think sending an owner a DM, email or text versus a putting a post up about is the best. Or, just go talk to them at the next ride. Posts can get away from the original intent very quickly. One on one conversations usually go better anyway. Don't take it personal if the track owner doesn't jump right up and fix what you see as an issue, if there are 100 people at an open ride, 65 have suggested something, and 50% of those suggestions conflict with each other. Just FYI. Carry on.

I know when JO redid his track last year we were talking and I mentioned the one wall jump was just at a bad angle. He was like yep 100% agree. That needs fixed before the next race. So there are some things that I think they want a little feed back on.

Scott Plessinger has reached out numerous times to just get my opinion on a few things to see what I felt the general public would think from time to time. I really don't think Scott minds the feedback as well. I've never seen him take anything really personal.

I've suggested for JO to go ahead and put in paved roads, a sprinkler system and a really nice bike wash.....but he has yet to even consider my suggestions!!

Constructive criticism track owners will listen to but their is some people that just go straight for the neck and that isn’t right at all. Gotta definitely be open minded to some stuff. I feel Scott, JO, pretty much every track owner I know is good when it comes to feedback. Like I about ate s**t at chillitown a few weeks ago after the big step down there was ruts in between the two big jumps and I about hit the flag stand from getting cross rutted so after my moto I asked if they could fix in between that and went right up to Scott. Two motos later it was fixed and was good the rest of the day. Track owners all listen if you nice about it and not a jerk.

Also the other day someone posted that cocr out in practice the track wasn’t watered enough and was like f this place I’m never coming back again. Obviously going for their neck for no reason. And I said look it’s going to rain at 1 and they obviously knew that and look it did. Some people just have no understanding

Not sure why everyone thinks they are entitled to the perfect track... I grew up racing CRA in the 80's and 90"s.. you had mud in the morning and concrete by the afternoon.. deal with it.. you will never hear me bash any track on any social media... I am just grateful we so many places to ride and race.

Also the other day someone posted that cocr out in practice the track wasn’t watered enough and was like f this place I’m never coming back again. Obviously going for their neck for no reason. And I said look it’s going to rain at 1 and they obviously knew that and look it did. Some people just have no understanding
Agreed. I believe BJ coined the phrase 'PIT Bitches', to accurately describe those type of people.
I’d be willing to bet every track owner would welcome constructive, respectful criticism. But that is not how the world works.

My $0.02: A few bad apples/PIT Bitches ruined it for everyone, and now most track owners don’t want anything to do with PitRacer.
Made me so mad I added Don't bite the hand that feeds you - Respect Track Owners ! to my signature.

Agreed. I believe BJ coined the phrase 'PIT Bitches', to accurately describe those type of people.
I’d be willing to bet every track owner would welcome constructive, respectful criticism. But that is not how the world works.

My $0.02: A few bad apples/PIT Bitches ruined it for everyone, and now most track owners don’t want anything to do with PitRacer.
Made me so mad I added Don't bite the hand that feeds you - Respect Track Owners ! to my signature.
Lol..if that's all it takes, not a single track owner would like social media. FB bashing is 100x anything that's ever been on here.

Here, just from today.

Not sure why everyone thinks they are entitled to the perfect track... I grew up racing CRA in the 80's and 90"s.. you had mud in the morning and concrete by the afternoon.. deal with it.. you will never hear me bash any track on any social media... I am just grateful we so many places to ride and race.
90's and early 2000's for me and that's how I remember it as well. Riding a variety of terrain will make you a better rider in the long run. Nothing wrong with some hard pack and rocks!

Here, just from today.

I understand where they are comming from as far as the cost of prepping it. BUT the rant about working this day or that day, makes me think they really don't care for the sport or the future of that track. Do you track owners do what you do for the "money"? I highly doubt it, (good for you if you are). There needs to be that "passion for the sport" and an open mind to at least listen to the riders input especially as new track owners.

Back