Battle Series Update!

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
It is heavy to see the state championship series go away. I hope at least a true state championship race is held, I think it's important for the scene.

Now that I'm in the scheduling game it's so hard to pick out 4 dates where you can give yourself the best chance at a turnout - not even to mention weather. Cheers JO - thank you for the hard work the last 10 years.

hershey

PR Elite
Just to make it simple, the riders that gave you money for the epic mud race and helped you lose less money than you could have....you just gave them a big middle finger.

This is why the OMA turnouts have dropped.

John250

PR Founding Father
I personally like the drop a race thing for local series racing. Just because with life and families most people can not make it to say all 12 or 14 races. And by dropping a couple races, your not rewarding a guy that buys a first place series finish just because he ran all the races. Is he really the fastest rider in the class? Over the years D11 points championships just went to whomever rode the most races and was usually not the best or faster racer.

Just another way to look at it.

Darrell Green

PR Member
I personally like the drop a race thing for local series racing. Just because with life and families most people can not make it to say all 12 or 14 races. And by dropping a couple races, your not rewarding a guy that buys a first place series finish just because he ran all the races. Is he really the fastest rider in the class? Over the years D11 points championships just went to whomever rode the most races and was usually not the best or faster racer.

Just another way to look at it.
I 100 percent agree with you on that! My only issue is changing the rules half way through a series when so many decisions has already been based on the rules the way they was. I know one family that came to briarcliff thinking in was the best 3 out of 4. Once there they found out all 4 counted so they decide to not tear up there bikes. If they knew they only needed 3 rounds they would have stayed and races in the mud and still been in the series.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Understand everyone’s frustration, but I do appreciate everyone’s concern as well, it means you guys care!!! Enjoy each day fellas. I’m sure after I’m out completely the new blood will make Ohio even better!

Darrell Green

PR Member
Throwaways were invented for guys like you DHDS01. I think it’s awesome my phone auto corrects dav to DHDS01 now!!!!
Jeremy you have had to listen to everyone’s reason why you shouldn’t have changed the rules mid series. Maybe we are all missing something, you said you had put a lot of thought into in before making the decision so would you like to explain your justification for the change so we all understand?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Jeremy you have had to listen to everyone’s reason why you shouldn’t have changed the rules mid series. Maybe we are all missing something, you said you had put a lot of thought into in before making the decision so would you like to explain your justification for the change so we all understand?
Life’s not fair, expect the unexpected, Id rather be lucky than good. The Series was stale. Not now, look at all the talk in 2 days, and it doesn’t truly effect the guys who did race, or if it was a bad race for anyone at my round, well now it’s not, your welcome. 2 more races Darrell, then you don’t have to deal with me any longer buddy. Celebrate it, enjoy the freedom.

honda907

PR Addict
Pretty sad........

MX in western PA kinda went away with the PAMX. I am here in SC. There is CLUBMX, but that's not racing. Not many race tracks that "race" down here or up in Western PA anymore for that matter.....

I guess I am old school. Stopped racing modern bikes last year because of the class structure and mini bike parents that are entitled in their large Taj-Mahal buses plus lots of 40 and 50 year olds bitch and moan about EVERYTHING!!!

Started vintage bike racing and love it, although if you think a modern 450 is a lot to race, try racing some 34 to 24 year old bikes. Super expensive and you have to make parts. There are no new parts from RMATV............ Plus, except for Unadilla MX Vintage days and AMAVD, that segment is really dying plus those old bikes are harder to find and keep running........

I don't know the Briarcliff guy, usually only did stuff at CRA and back in the day sometimes with my boy when he was young and the Ohio State championship stuff from the early 90's. Seems like a real good promoter. Sorry, but people are changing Mr Briarcliff. Not in a good way. You seem like you try a whole lot and know buddy cares. Real sad.

I don't envy you as a promoter. I know a lot of ex promoters and they say the same thing. Everyone bitches about everything. Too dusty, too muddy, too deep, too wet, too easy, too big, too small, too hard, etc.............I could go on, you get my drift. Motocross sure has changed a lot since 1971 when I started. I am not sure what can be done, but this sport is going to go on life support soon if the economy continues it's downward spiral and gas prices don't come down. Old guys like me are giving up and those 14 through 25 year olds that made up the sport in the late seventies and early 80's are really thin at signup. Keep fighting Briarcliff! If I lived your way, I would volunteer out cause god knows I am loosing that desire to race. IF MX can't keep me involved, there is a problem, and it's not me. Just ask all my old MX friends.....

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
and it doesn’t truly effect the guys who did race, or if it was a bad race for anyone at my round, well now it’s not, your welcome.
Wow.....are you that clueless? It effected them immensely. Basically they gave you money for nothing. And trashed their bikes for it. Unless they paid you to draw a spoon because they wanted points for a 4th race. Life isn't fair? You are a rip off artist at best after this one. You don't even understand how you have stolen people's time and money, I sure am glad we didn't make the race. Maybe after all the races are over for the year, you can change the rules again before the banquet. Maybe only count your best finish of the year for the awards. Imagine all the people who win? Or better yet, just draw spoons for the season end, makes about as much sense.

The series isn't stale, the OMA is stale because of the attitude you have to members.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Wow.....are you that clueless? It effected them immensely. Basically they gave you money for nothing. And trashed their bikes for it. Unless they paid you to draw a spoon because they wanted points for a 4th race. Life isn't fair? You are a rip off artist at best after this one. You don't even understand how you have stolen people's time and money, I sure am glad we didn't make the race. Maybe after all the races are over for the year, you can change the rules again before the banquet. Maybe only count your best finish of the year for the awards. Imagine all the people who win? Or better yet, just draw spoons for the season end, makes about as much sense.

The series isn't stale, the OMA is stale because of the attitude you have to members.
And you wonder why no promoters participate. It’s a two way street.

Darrell Green

PR Member
And you wonder why no promoters participate. It’s a two way street.
As a promoter when a bad decision is made you are going to hear about it. I know as a promoter you sink a lot into the races and risk a lot! As a racer you also sink a ton of money into so they also have a right to voice their opinions. It’s unfortunate the conditions you was handed. I seen you out on the track working to give good conditions. I looked at the same weather radar you did. The rain wasn’t suppose to be there and then it came and ruined everything. You was faced with a tough decision, either cancel or run it and you chose to run it. No one bitched about that! The racers went out in miserable conditions and dealt with it. At no point did you even touch the track or bulldoze the mud off. Still no one complained they accepted it for what it was. All the racers that supporter you and the series and destroyed their bikes to support you and you just spit in their face changing the rules mid series. Through all the arguing on here and Facebook I haven’t heard one person say you made the right decision in changing the rules rather than all the reasons you shouldn’t have done it. You was even given a chance to explain why you did what you did and still won’t. I believe you know what your doing isn’t right but your not going to make it right for what ever reasons you have. This will give several kids a better position in the series when the didn’t even participate in the whole series or didn’t support your decision to run that race. I personally have disagreed with your antics as a promoter but I always am pulling for every track to do well and keep Ohio Mx strong.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Maybe everyone shouldn’t shoot the messenger. Maybe there is more to it than what was given in the statement. To think that JO was sitting on his tractor and said “ehhh im pulling the plug” shows why people don’t think beyond their nose. There are a lot of factors involved and people that will be effected by the decision from tracks to vendors to family’s both racing and promoting. I commend him for making the hard decision and being the one that delivered the message. Race on familia!!!!!

How about that jet ski series? Maybe they are gonna add a Woods series (merp) to the schedule…. With….. TRIPLE POINTS!!!!!

John250

PR Founding Father
Ok I am going to chime in on this since I seem to have a different opinion.

My son is one who loaded up and said it was not worth racing. He said the conditions were horrible and he said there was really no way to even get equipment on the track to make it better. Been to many a race where it was too wet to even put equipment out there. Perhaps that was the case. And then after you spend all the time scraping that off the track, guess what you have to do? Spend tons of time and money to put all that dirt back on the track.

Here is my take on the series and the change. BC was round two. Two more rounds to go. Only like 65 bikes stayed JO said. So perhaps JO thought many would blow off the next two rounds since so many did not race round two. Perhaps he is actually thinking of the promotors and the next two rounds. He wants people to support them and show up, so therefore he decided to have a drop race since only 60 something got points at round two. Just a thought. Am I happy he made that decision, yep I am. I am sure there are many more happy about it too. Are some upset? Perhaps. But hopefully the fastest riders earn the #1 plates, not the ones that just happened to go ahead and line up for a mudder. Those are not racing anyway. They are survival in my opinion.

Perhaps another take on the situation and will help make the other two rounds successful.

Scoob

PR Founding Father

My son is one who loaded up and said it was not worth racing. He said the conditions were horrible and he said there was really no way to even get equipment on the track to make it better. Been to many a race where it was too wet to even put equipment out there. Perhaps that was the case. And then after you spend all the time scraping that off the track, guess what you have to do? Spend tons of time and money to put all that dirt back on the track.

Here is my take on the series and the change. BC was round two. Two more rounds to go. Only like 65 bikes stayed JO said. So perhaps JO thought many would blow off the next two rounds since so many did not race round two. Perhaps he is actually thinking of the promotors and the next two rounds. He wants people to support them and show up, so therefore he decided to have a drop race since only 60 something got points at round two. Just a thought. Am I happy he made that decision, yep I am. I am sure there are many more happy about it too. Are some upset? Perhaps. But hopefully the fastest riders earn the #1 plates, not the ones that just happened to go ahead and line up for a mudder. Those are not racing anyway. They are survival in my opinion.

Perhaps another take on the situation and will help make the other two rounds successful.
OK, if we allow only two races to be in the series points, we're in!...lol.

Actually plan to make the last 2 regardless, but we'll see. We don't have that extra carrot of being in the points, so depends on where the balance is on the fence... I hope we can replace it with some sort of series.

In the end, my thought lies with the Race Ohio and OMA combining or going back to D-11. I know JO tried that to some extent, but the AMA had no interest in doing things right. Guess we'll see. With baseball and all else Spencer is in these days, at best, we're a smaller series chaser when able. The overall OMA/District series points are not possible.

I hope and pray for the best, but not one minute will I say I have the answer. An opinion, sure, but everyone has one of those...

hershey

PR Elite

Again, you are rewarding quitters. If that's what you want, great. It has nothing to with conditions and everything to do with timing. Before asking everyone Saturday to draw straws he should have made the change. I guarantee you everyone would have took thier money back. But then JO would have lost more money. Don't try to sugar coat this, he screwed people over.

Maybe that's why you are a politician, you see the good in doing that? Lmao