Time to get your game face on!

AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship
Practice Order
Race Order
Live Timing

MONSTER ENERGY AMA AMATEUR NATIONAL MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP TV & STREAMING

1624_2022llfacilitymap-11-x-85.jpg

Last edited:
I am calling it here first. Mike Brown for the sweep in 40 and 50 plus.

I also think Kevin Walker gets 2nd in 50 plus. He is back on a Yamaha. We will see.

John Grewe zero moto wins this year at Loretta's.

Open Pro Sport looks like it will be a fun class to watch this year. Lots of fast names in there and one old guy in Mike Alessi. I will be interested to see Alessi speed vs Defranseco and Hymas speed.

Micro 1...all Yamahas obviously. I personally think this class needs removed from Loretta's. Micro 2...all Cobras. Micro 3 all Cobra except 4 KTMs. I thought KTM and Husky had made major strides in the 50 class. Seems to have gone back to Cobra dominance again.

As in remove the PW50? Or micro2?

Excited to see the racing this week. Hoping that Talon Robertson can win the PW class. Fingers crossed for him. Carter Gray also could be in the mix. Excited to watch at work.

Too many classes.

But i will still be watching daily... As i "work", of course.

Weather forecast does not look great. Good chance of a mudder moto. All those times when you hear "im not racing in the mud, its bad on the bike" your going to wish you would have raced and learned how to go fast in the mud.

Open Pro Sport looks like it will be a fun class to watch this year. Lots of fast names in there and one old guy in Mike Alessi. I will be interested to see Alessi speed vs Defranseco and Hymas speed.
One 'zuki from PA in this class. I am rooting for the underdog...Micro 1...all Yamahas obviously. I personally think this class needs removed from Loretta's.
Micro 1...all Yamahas obviously. I personally think this class needs removed from Loretta's.
I dunno John, I do not see it going away. I mean, once your kid is not in this class, I get why the feeling may be there, but still bring a part of it on a local level, dude it is true MX to those kids. To the core.
Micro 2...all Cobras. Micro 3 all Cobra except 4 KTMs. I thought KTM and Husky had made major strides in the 50 class. Seems to have gone back to Cobra dominance again.
Yeah, I struggle with the fact that the Cobra seems to be the dominant bike. I say this having my boy ride a 2009 KTM Jr. of which he does OK and I do not see the fact that he is riding the wheels off of it, but I cannot say I do not wonder if his results would improve if he was on a newer Cobra. Not thinking we'll ever know. I still need to decide on a 50 sr., so... ;)

I will be interested to see Alessi speed vs Defranseco and Hymas speed
He had Ryder D speed at the Pala Regional where Ryder and Mike split motos. I will be cheering for Chance, but it would not surprise me if Mike takes the win. He will definitely podium.

Last edited:
I just think the micro 1 shaft drive class and C classes are supposed to be beginner classes. They don't need to be at the ranch.

I watched a Vurb video last night. Guy had a kid in the PW class. He got 3rd in 2020, and 1st in 2021. Kid is on a PW living at Club MX at 7 years old. That's just ridiculous in my opinion. Funny I looked on the class list this year and didn't see his name listed.

Love the pdub class one of the best of the week. Best part of their moto is watching them run out of the starting gate and hang clear off the back fender

Was going threw the classes.. seems like Ohio is represented in a lot of classes... good luck guys and have fun!!!!

I just think the micro 1 shaft drive class and C classes are supposed to be beginner classes. They don't need to be at the ranch.
Aren't C classes supposed to be beginner classes? Well, maybe you consider them "novice" classes. I guess that's different. ;)
I watched a Vurb video last night. Guy had a kid in the PW class. He got 3rd in 2020, and 1st in 2021. Kid is on a PW living at Club MX at 7 years old. That's just ridiculous in my opinion. Funny I looked on the class list this year and didn't see his name listed.
Yeah, our nephew Hayden Justice is living/working at Club (in 450b classes at the ranch) and trained that kid last year. I get what you are saying.

Aren't C classes supposed to be beginner classes? Well, maybe you consider them "novice" classes. I guess that's different. ;)

Yeah, our nephew Hayden Justice is living/working at Club (in 450b classes at the ranch) and trained that kid last year. I get what you are saying.
Yeah saw Hayden on the video. The father was looking for financial support and "networking" at the ranch. I was kind of laughing to myself.....like the kid is freaking on a PW, get a life!!

The father was looking for financial support and "networking" at the ranch. I was kind of laughing to myself.....like the kid is freaking on a PW, get a life!!
Yeah, in those cases, you're curious who is driving the effort. The parent's desire for notoriety or the kids love for the sport??? I mean I get it, we all often think our kids are better than they are. Is what we do. ;)

At the 50 stage, it can seem to more so the parent driving the MX Pro path in my eye. The kid just wants to have fun and make his mom and dad proud. If that's for 10th place, so be it...

Hey, who's down there at the ranch? Curious how the rebuild changed things... ???

The Mike's are going to dominate a couple classes...

The irony of your statement, the novice level of competition doesn’t need to be at the largest amateur national in the country.
I would argue that those classes are the reason of the event.

The irony of your statement, the novice level of competition doesn’t need to be at the largest amateur national in the country.
I would argue that those classes are the reason of the event.
C class is supposed to be a beginner class. How many beginners race amateur nationals??

Well…. I would imagine that 99% of kids moving up from an 85 to 250 would go into C class. So I would say 98%.

Well…. I would imagine that 99% of kids moving up from an 85 to 250 would go into C class. So I would say 98%.
So do you think a kid that's rode 50s, 65's and 85's is a beginner? And should they be eligible to race C class? This is where I think the rule needs changes. A 3 on your AMA card and you're a B rider.

Lmao...your dad says that class need removed!
What's Matthew know? I am the "expert"!

Back