Fact Checkers

John250

PR Founding Father
I thought we only had to deal with fact checkers on Facebook. Even here on Pit Racer we have fact checkers and those who decide what stays posted and when a topic is no longer discussed.
So this morning I post factual information on the mining of minerals for batteries for electric cars. Bill 480 decides he doesn't like it, deletes it, and stops all post to a thread. Thought that crap only happened on Facebook and Vitalmx......guess not. Happens right here on Pitracer too.

freeh

PR Founding Father
I thought it depended on who started the thread. Doesn't that person have the ability to moderate posts, in addition to the moderators of course?

Bill480

PR Addict
when a thread has devolved into a place to dump memes and copy pastas from facebook there's really no sense in keeping it open.

I thought it depended on who started the thread. Doesn't that person have the ability to moderate posts, in addition to the moderators of course?

i believe a thread starter can lock/delete their own thread but they can't delete posts made by other people.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I thought we only had to deal with fact checkers on Facebook. Even here on Pit Racer we have fact checkers and those who decide what stays posted and when a topic is no longer discussed.
So this morning I post factual information on the mining of minerals for batteries for electric cars. Bill 480 decides he doesn't like it, deletes it, and stops all post to a thread. Thought that crap only happened on Facebook and Vitalmx......guess not. Happens right here on Pitracer too.
Yeah I still got something out if it, a smirk or smile here and there, but who am I...

k01

PR Elite
Where is the thread? Finally cut to the chase about where woke world EV transportation is headed and the thread is locked. And then it vanishes altogether?

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
when a thread has devolved into a place to dump memes and copy pastas from facebook there's really no sense in keeping it open.

i believe a thread starter can lock/delete their own thread but they can't delete posts made by other people.
So basically toddco327 started a thread. It turned into a big discussion with pros and cons with funny memes that you got butt hurt over and locked it. It wasn't your post to unlock nor was it a thread that was inflammatory in any way. Simply hurt your feelings. I unlocked it so you removed the post entirely. That isn't you job as a moderator. You abused your power.

Wtf bill? You are no better than FB and Twitter moderators. Stop being a baby.

And let's put this back on the main page where it belongs so everyone can see what you did

Bill480

PR Addict
So basically toddco327 started a thread. It turned into a big discussion with pros and cons with funny memes that you got butt hurt over and locked it. It wasn't your post to unlock nor was it a thread that was inflammatory in any way. Simply hurt your feelings. I unlocked it so you removed the post entirely. That isn't you job as a moderator. You abused your power.

Wtf bill? You are no better than FB and Twitter moderators. Stop being a baby.

And let's put this back on the main page where it belongs so everyone can see what you did

Your victim card is maxed out bro, pick a new one

Bill480

PR Addict
Lmfao.... who is playing victim bill? Nobody here but you. Why else would you lock a thread, remove it then move a thread about you deleting it?

Man up bill.

I made it pretty clear why I locked it

You want to "get butt hurt" over your "hurt feelings" and unlocked it. "That isn't your job as a moderator. You abused your power."

Stop being a baby

hershey

PR Elite
I made it pretty clear why I locked it

You want to "get butt hurt" over your "hurt feelings" and unlocked it. "That isn't your job as a moderator. You abused your power."

Stop being a baby
Really? I unlocked a thread because it wasn't yours to lock. Now you modify this thread erasing content ? What is your problem?

Bill480

PR Addict
Really? I unlocked a thread because it wasn't yours to lock. Now you modify this thread erasing content ? What is your problem?

I merged two threads, didn't delete anything in this thread. But keep making stuff up lol

1659398192068.png

And idk where you got this idea that whoever creates a thread has sole rights over it from birth to death.. that's not how it works.

NQ1965

PR Elite

Hell I liked all of those facebook nabs on EV's, at least on our pitracer thread you could see all the good ones consolidated in one place.
Good humor, fun for the whole family.

hershey

PR Elite
Hell I liked all of those facebook nabs on EV's, at least on our pitracer thread you could see all the good ones consolidated in one place.
Good humor, fun for the whole family.
Some people can't handle humor if it goes against their perspective. My belief is if you dish it out, you have to take it.

Society as a whole has forgotten the concept, if you disagree with someone it doesn't make them evil.

k01

PR Elite
Some people can't handle humor if it goes against their perspective. My belief is if you dish it out, you have to take it.

Society as a whole has forgotten the concept, if you disagree with someone it doesn't make them evil.
Cognitive dissonance and the gear head
Mantra_Ready_00013.JPG