BREAKING NEWS! FELD & MX SPORTS PARTNER TO FORM NEW SUPERMOTOCROSS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Ok....tons of questions here. So is this happening at the same time as the world Supercross series? Just trying to take the riders away from that series with a $10 million purse for two races?

Does Feld and MX Sports realize they just told the riders they are really making millions already and should have increased purses in SX and MX a long long time ago?

Will the track be half supercross and half motocross? Or one race SX and one race motocross?
Bike set up might be tough if not.

Will 250Fs be allowed to race or everyone on a 450?

Will the heat races be on Lifetime channel and the main event on HGTV?

Will the monster energy cup race be done?

I honestly think this is a desperate reaction to world Supercross by Feld and MX Sports and zero to do with helping grow the sport or riders.

Will the heat races be on Lifetime channel and the main event on HGTV?

Will the monster energy cup race be done?
Nice! :)

I think this is somewhat the replacement for MEC. Absolutely think it's in reaction to the World SX dealio... Answers to those questions to be answered at some point I figure...well, in part only possibly. ???

As I have been saying for years, competition is good for the sport. For decades they were the only show in town. Now you can hear the butt pucker coming from Morgantown.
The same thing needs to happen with the AMA. The riders need a voice that is strictly coming from their point of view and not playing both sides of the fence.
Without the racers you don’t have a show. Pay them

As I am watching the 50+ class, I just realized that Brown will, most likely, have 11 LL titles when the week is over.

This is even more proof that there absolutely needs to be a riders union!!! Until that happens ( if it ever does) the riders voice will never be heard!

OMG. Love how all the MX Sports knob polishers (Kellen Breuer, Michael Lindsay, Weege) are all attacking social with the same story… “This is not in response to global SX”. “Feld and MX Sports have been working on this for years”.
yeah. Right guys. This is CLEARLY, 100%, your seeing your cash cow being milked by someone else and they don’t like it.
Big names signing up for Global and they are worried they are going to be left with trying to market A-Ray and the seven-deuce-deuce to fill stadiums.
Feld has always been about the show=$. MX Sports has always been about… well, $$$. (Not sure they care about anything else.
They are even dangling the idea of a AMA pro motocross / MX GP joint event. “But the details have not been worked out yet”. That is proof they just started talking about it.
Over the past few years I have felt myself caring less and less about the sport as a whole. Seeing the same crap year over year and trying to force the horse to drink the water. But now… yeah. I’m in. I will be roasting marshmallows over this developing dumpster fire

There is some guy on FB telling me how he's been talking to someone named Prater from Feld and this has been in the works for several years. I call bullshit on it as well. Guys like Tomac, Reed, Roczen, etc. Just gave world Supercross a ton of credibility and Feld and MX Sports both probably s**t their pants.

Like you said earlier about the purse. According to them, they have not even signed a deal yet with any network, yet they are already saying $10 in purse. Umm, yeah, where is that money coming from if you don’t know how much your getting from TV?
And if they are already talking about that kind of money, you know they are still making BIG money. So yeah, they basically told on themselves.
Then all these propaganda videos drop all at the same time, with the same message “we already hear untrue statements saying this is in response to Global, it’s not, we had the idea long ago”. Hahahahaha.
“These are not the droids your looking for”

Who runs the PR department? Dumb and Dumber?
The more details I hear about this “playoff” stuff, the more it stinks. They have already created a loophole for the SX only guys by saying they can earn enough points in just that series to qualify for the playoffs. So… tell me again how this helps the outdoors???
Now, I do see something good coming. This all but guarantees the 250 class will become a career class. As well as it has to kill the stupid East-west crap.
I don’t remember the last time I hit refresh this much on the You Tubes waiting for the next propaganda… I mean announcement. I keep doing that. My bad

This is simple. Feld and MX Sports have screwed riders for years. Competition comes in with lots of money for riders to make. Legit championship caliber riders decide to ride said series and earn lots of money. Other riders will now say wow, Eli and Kenny think this series is legit I need to ride it. Then team owners say, hey can I get more bang for my buck in your series? What is that you say? Your TV deal is on NBCSN every week? No searching different unknown networks?
Next thing you know the AMA supercross series looks like the Micky Thompson Ultra Cross Series with guys like Chris Knox racing it.

Feld and MX Sports have screwed riders for years! You make the night show or a 40 man gate you need to make money, and not the little bit that does not even cover a privateers trip to the race.

I heard there is big money behind WSX. Middle Eastern money. Like LIV golf type money, from the same region. I know the promoters are from Oz, but the big money is from the Middle East. It is gonna be run like F1, down to the teams, and that model has been largely successful.

Funny, MX Sports and Feld didn't have much for details a few weeks ago and not anymore word now. I think it is just smoke and mirrors, just like in the past.

Feld and MX Sports are being exposed. They should have paid the riders in the show more a long time ago.
I agree. I'm here at clubmx. As you know only a few make a real living. I'm shocked at how many "big" riders room with others here. Guys that most think have it made.

It's really sad in my opinion

We are racers. Most of us, like 99.9%, pay to race. It's an EGO thing. Mx Sports and Feld know this and pay accordingly.

BTW, add up what MX Sports and Feld pay in a year in payouts. They aren't putting much more in really. Looks like most of the additional revenue is coming from TV.

Makes you wonder how much have they been getting for TV over the years when they always said the organizations "paid" to get it on TV. And now TV is putting in like 6 or 7 million more.

Smells. Smoke and mirrors at work I believe. When they actually get the plan together, I'll believe it.

Anybody that think anyone racing dirtbikes has it made…. Is disconnected.

few are able to nest egg and stretch it over there life time. It’s an exclusive club with promotion still winning every single race.

i recognized it at 15. And 18. And 24…and 30…etc. same kids racing. Same still majorly broke running off go fund me enterprise and their parents working massive amounts of overtime and taking out second mortgages to keep them racing. That’s no way to live in my opinion.

Racing is much more enjoyable when it’s not your job anyway.

also, with the playoffs and a $10 million purse I guarantee you they’re still paying them pennies on the dollar if they pay them at all and the big payouts will be a few races maybe in the playoffs and in the championship bonus the rest of them are still gonna be rubbing two nickels together.

Last edited:
Back