So whats with D12 races happening ?

hershey

PR Elite
So I've noticed RT62 and now Amherst have listed D12 as the sanctioning for races, what's up with that? Haven't seen a word about it, something new on the block?

I've heard of 2 people that have been approached to buy the OMA, is the OMA on the way out?

The buckeye stuff has huge crowds but I can't even find my results from this weekend. The hand scoring really put a wrench in the works this weekend, get with the times please!

Local mx is in a flurry!

So many unanswered questions, this is about curiosity, no jabs....nobody get butt hurt.

Vet261

PR Addict
Dude you are too busy arguing with Bill480 and electrocuting your brain with all the nonsense on here.

Like Jack said, Delta raceway re-opened a few years ago and with it brought back AMA D12 in the form of the "Black Swamp Series." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Black_Swamp

For 2022 they had openings on their schedule I believe due to Pusheta Creek not participating, and Amherst and 62 took the openings.

277790802_341051557985654_3714744089768257243_n.jpg

hershey

PR Elite
Dude you are too busy arguing with Bill480 and electrocuting your brain with all the nonsense on here.

Like Jack said, Delta raceway re-opened a few years ago and with it brought back AMA D12 in the form of the "Black Swamp Series." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Black_Swamp

For 2022 they had openings on their schedule I believe due to Pusheta Creek not participating, and Amherst and 62 took the openings.

View attachment 76707
Never even heard of the black swamp series. How do people hear about this stuff?

Good to know, thanks

John250

PR Founding Father
Scoring should be easy in 2022. Transponders should be required to race. Cost of racing. $99 a year for a subscription. All other motorsports use them.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
As for the where to find this stuff - facebook.

It's a real pain in the ass - but the facebook algorithm helps you get more traction the more likes, clicks, views all drives your posts to similar accounts to your audience. I'm also not going to pretend like I understand the algorithm either because some days its good to me and other days its bad. By a long shot facebook is the biggest platform for my race series - but our instagram account is a totally different audience - its way younger and the more I post the more I learn about what type of content each media platform likes.

I can post race review articles on facebook and they will get tons of traction but fall flat on instagram. The opposite is true if I post a 3 second clip of a rider ripping a turn or hitting a jump - facebook is flat and it pops on instagram.

What I have learned about marketing on social media through this season is that posting everywhere works but how much reach you get depends on so many factors - most of them out of your control. So my guess is D12 has a big audience on facebook and they reach most of them on there.

I really do understand why people do not post on here though - it's the same 25 of the most hardcore, grumpy, stay off my lawn, 2 strokes rule, electric bikes suck, baja acres is too rough, GP's are the greatest racing series ever type crowd. So the time and effort it takes to post here just to get griped at and reach what 25? Maybe 50 eyes?

I post here because I'm hardcore and in my mind chopping it up with you guys is worth the time.

Vet261

PR Addict
Never even heard of the black swamp series. How do people hear about this stuff?

Good to know, thanks
s**t you've even replied to the threads about it bruh!

hershey

PR Elite
s**t you've even replied to the threads about it bruh!

Ha....dementia has officially set in

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I really do understand why people do not post on here though - it's the same 25 of the most hardcore, grumpy, stay off my lawn, 2 strokes rule, electric bikes suck, baja acres is too rough, GP's are the greatest racing series ever type crowd.
That speak, yes

So the time and effort it takes to post here just to get griped at and reach what 25? Maybe 50 eyes?
This place has WAY more depth than 25-50 eyes.
Just because it may not show up on a click counter or a like button, don't mistake it.

With PR, It's not about the number of eyes, it's who's behind those eyes.
I've gotten feedback from the most obscure direction on some of the things posted on here.

And what makes it different and distasteful for many is accountability -
On other platforms you can fake, lie & hide, on a massage board like this - not so much

hershey

PR Elite
You prepin'? :oops:

I think we could hide our RV's in those rain ruts
Was there a few years back looking at the water trucks there, was going to buy them. Didn't because the cost to repair the way out for them was more than they were worth. You're not lying about the size of the rain ruts!

hershey

PR Elite
As for the where to find this stuff - facebook.

It's a real pain in the ass - but the facebook algorithm helps you get more traction the more likes, clicks, views all drives your posts to similar accounts to your audience. I'm also not going to pretend like I understand the algorithm either because some days its good to me and other days its bad. By a long shot facebook is the biggest platform for my race series - but our instagram account is a totally different audience - its way younger and the more I post the more I learn about what type of content each media platform likes.

I can post race review articles on facebook and they will get tons of traction but fall flat on instagram. The opposite is true if I post a 3 second clip of a rider ripping a turn or hitting a jump - facebook is flat and it pops on instagram.

What I have learned about marketing on social media through this season is that posting everywhere works but how much reach you get depends on so many factors - most of them out of your control. So my guess is D12 has a big audience on facebook and they reach most of them on there.

I really do understand why people do not post on here though - it's the same 25 of the most hardcore, grumpy, stay off my lawn, 2 strokes rule, electric bikes suck, baja acres is too rough, GP's are the greatest racing series ever type crowd. So the time and effort it takes to post here just to get griped at and reach what 25? Maybe 50 eyes?

I post here because I'm hardcore and in my mind chopping it up with you guys is worth the time.
I think you are missing the advantage of the audience who is viewing. While social media is a very important part of marketing for any off road event, FB and Instagram don't target your core consumer. You may get 3000 views but only 50 might actually be a consumer you're after. I actively follow most every track around here, I click like on their posts yet most of the time I don't see their posts at all, many times if I do see them it's days after the event and some times I see them in time.

On here, 99% of the audience are your consumer. And like Sharc said, there are far more people reading this that don't post or click a like button. On average 75 or so registered users are active each day. There are currently 5559 registered users, I'm sure many aren't active any more though many are and simply read posts without replying or clicking a like button. On top of that, you don't need to be a registered user to view PR. I have a few friends who have never registered but regularly keep up.

Here you simply post, there is no boosting ads, paying for content or fear of being put in jail. Yeah there are grumpy people, yes I'm one who makes waves but if anyone thinks the big social media platforms aren't far worse, they are living in fantasy land. I really have to laugh everytime I see anyone say how bad it is on here for negative comments.

Again, definitely use social media to promote but don't discount the advantage to using this site for a more dedicated targeting of your consumer.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
D12 series has 3-5 dudes in my classes max. Buckeye series always has big turnouts at least I have 8- over 10 in my classes there

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I think you are missing the advantage of the audience who is viewing. While social media is a very important part of marketing for any off road event, FB and Instagram don't target your core consumer. You may get 3000 views but only 50 might actually be a consumer you're after. I actively follow most every track around here, I click like on their posts yet most of the time I don't see their posts at all, many times if I do see them it's days after the event and some times I see them in time.

On here, 99% of the audience are your consumer. And like Sharc said, there are far more people reading this that don't post or click a like button. On average 75 or so registered users are active each day. There are currently 5559 registered users, I'm sure many aren't active any more though many are and simply read posts without replying or clicking a like button. On top of that, you don't need to be a registered user to view PR. I have a few friends who have never registered but regularly keep up.

Here you simply post, there is no boosting ads, paying for content or fear of being put in jail. Yeah there are grumpy people, yes I'm one who makes waves but if anyone thinks the big social media platforms aren't far worse, they are living in fantasy land. I really have to laugh everytime I see anyone say how bad it is on here for negative comments.

Again, definitely use social media to promote but don't discount the advantage to using this site for a more dedicated targeting of your consumer.
I’m not missing the advantage - I post all my stuff here.

I’m just theorizing why everyone doesn’t use pit racer.

But I am having a harder time getting pit racers to my races than facebookers and instagrammers so far.

hershey

PR Elite
I’m not missing the advantage - I post all my stuff here.

I’m just theorizing why everyone doesn’t use pit racer.

But I am having a harder time getting pit racers to my races than facebookers and instagrammers so far.
Good deal, I know you post here all the time.