New Blue Pig

John250

PR Founding Father
That is why Honda has been regarded as the high standard of the industry for the last 20 years. Every magazine every shootout and article . You must be blue blind to overlook that fact.
Agree. I've just always thought Honda and Yamaha had a higher quality about them.

k01

PR Elite
il_1588xN.2762128681_3oab.jpg

Meister

PR Founding Father
Honda hasn't won a shoot out anywhere Ive seen? I'm not any brand blind I just pick what I think I'll like the best. I loved my Honda but all the early reports about this yz sounded like it put it in my comfort zone.

Reasons I didn't like yams before. Ive ridden Harleys less wide. Might be an opinion, but it's mine.

Once they reported it became narrower I started watching for reports and opinions.

Things that made me pick the yz over keeping the Honda or buying another.

Power tuner app that tracks hours too.

Wanted to try kyb again.

Cockpit "rider triangle" now similar to Honda.

Reported motor characteristic. I like a long 2nd. I also like that they're saying it's not quite as abusive as the Honda down low. While I love a hard hitting bike because of so much time on 2 strokes, I'll likely ride it better without a huge hit.

Holeshot assist similar to Honda where it's basically a way to set a consistent, yet changeable max rpm.

It wasnt actually planned either but I caught wind Action had one coming and asked to be updated if it showed up and no one put a deposit on it. That happened, so I bought it.. just so happens it may have been the first one in Ohio lol.. Anyone that knows of action knows it's probably the smallest Yamaha shop in Ohio that carries the most OEM parts lol.. very mom and pop and was glad to do business with them again. Heather and Diana made it quick and painless..

Mark414

PR Member
Honda hasn't won a shoot out anywhere Ive seen? I'm not any brand blind I just pick what I think I'll like the best. I loved my Honda but all the early reports about this yz sounded like it put it in my comfort zone.

Reasons I didn't like yams before. Ive ridden Harleys less wide. Might be an opinion, but it's mine.

Once they reported it became narrower I started watching for reports and opinions.

Things that made me pick the yz over keeping the Honda or buying another.

Power tuner app that tracks hours too.

Wanted to try kyb again.

Cockpit "rider triangle" now similar to Honda.

Reported motor characteristic. I like a long 2nd. I also like that they're saying it's not quite as abusive as the Honda down low. While I love a hard hitting bike because of so much time on 2 strokes, I'll likely ride it better without a huge hit.

Holeshot assist similar to Honda where it's basically a way to set a consistent, yet changeable max rpm.

It wasnt actually planned either but I caught wind Action had one coming and asked to be updated if it showed up and no one put a deposit on it. That happened, so I bought it.. just so happens it may have been the first one in Ohio lol.. Anyone that knows of action knows it's probably the smallest Yamaha shop in Ohio that carries the most OEM parts lol.. very mom and pop and was glad to do business with them again. Heather and Diana made it quick and painless..
Not talking winning talking fit and finish

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Seeing that pic, My yamaha brain thought is "Get Low". Like low, low...elbows tucked in low! No wonder Tomac is getting better starts. @Meister What is the measurement from bottom of frame (by footpeg) to the middle of the seat on each bike?

1673974224569.png

Meister

PR Founding Father
I'll measure later but Yamaha moved the pegs down 5 and back 5 on this 23 and seat has less dip so the measurement is likely greater than it was on the 22 model.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I'll measure later but Yamaha moved the pegs down 5 and back 5 on this 23 and seat has less dip so the measurement is likely greater than it was on the 22 model.
Perfect for my 6’5 build. Maybe I won’t have to add bar risers !! Doubt I won’t have to but definitely have been looking for maybe a new bar bend rather than stick with risers

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Perfect for my 6’5 build. Maybe I won’t have to add bar risers !! Doubt I won’t have to but definitely have been looking for maybe a new bar bend rather than stick with risers
Yeah but just think about how good it will feel if you keep the risers and Fastway pegs. I'm only 6'2", and have added these to about every bike that I've had. I'll bet this thing would feel soooo good with additional room. Hmm

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father

Dacromet​

Source: Metal Coatings International Inc.
DACROMET is the leading inorganic coating specified by automotive companies worldwide and is a proven coating system in many industries
Features:
  • Corrosion Resistant: 500-1000 Hours Salt Spray
  • Thin: 5-7µm
  • Consistent Torque-Tension
  • Water-Based/Environmentally Compliant
  • Bimetallic Compatibility with Aluminum
  • Hydrogen Embrittlement Free Application Process
    Conductive
DACROMET is the leading inorganic coating specified by automotive companies worldwide and is a proven coating system in many industries. A water-based, VOC Compliant coating, DACROMET is comprised of overlapping Zinc and Aluminum flake in an inorganic binder.

Metal Coatings International Inc., 275 Industrial Parkway, Chardon, OH 44024-1083 . Tel: 440-285-2231; Fax: 440-279-1483 .

I think the EU has a higher standard on toxic materials used in electroplating - so they go with a coating.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Yeah but just think about how good it will feel if you keep the risers and Fastway pegs. I'm only 6'2", and have added these to about every bike that I've had. I'll bet this thing would feel soooo good with additional room. Hmm
I have 1 1/8 risers on my bike and that’s the most comfortable and best positioning for me and my size. I have never tried different foot pegs than stock. I have never had a problem with stock besides not being sharp enough

hershey

PR Elite
I just changed my plastics and hate the bolts lmao. A 6mm head and they were like screws haha. But still i feel ktm are the best built bikes
Those are only in a few places where it's holding plastic lightly. I like the 8mm bolts with the torx inside. Don't know why people bag on them. Out of all the bike I've owned I feel the KTM and Honda are about equal. KTM is cheapened up just a bit lately. Yamaha has always been a really close second. Suzuki is fair and has the worst fastners by far. I haven't owned any KX's so can't say.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I haven't owned any KX's so can't say.
I haven't really owned any others that I can comment, although the torx inside the bolt head makes sense when you round one off. Although, you'll probably break or pull out the threads before that happens in most cases. Not that I have ever done that and/or would know...lol.