AHRMA Great Lakes region races coming up.

NQ1965

PR Elite
AHRMA Great Lakes Update
The folks at AHRMA asked me to help Simon to get this year's Regional program back on track. We should have the ytd results updated and posted by next week. The balance of the revised schedule is as follows:

Aug 21 Sunset Ridge, Walnut IL
Sept 4 Log Road, Coldwater MI
Sept 10/11 Sutton Station, PA CANCALLED
Oct 2 Greers, Zanesville, OH (Rain Day make up)
Oct 15/16 Lightning Raceway, Tippecanoe OH
Nov 11/12 Saddleback, Bedford KY. FREE ride weekend, Dinner / Banquet, Awards. Enjoy a weekend of offroad fun, no gate fees, no ride fees, 3 MX track’s open, 1,000+ acers of trails, guided tours of trails. Bonfire, free camping.

Need just 3 MX events to qualify for year-end awards

If referring to race prep or race day help, I would help at Grear's in any way that I could if they need it.
As for racing, I'm thrilled that Grear's got it back on the schedule again, as I was afraid they wouldn't, and I screwed myself out of the AHRMA event last year. I keep renewing the membership, I need to use it.

After seeing the pic's and who all showed up at the Lightening Raceway AHRMA event last year, and with it being a grass track race, we're already talking about hitting that as well. Like to see if we can get Anthony going to that one too and we may just make the trip with his enclosed trailer.
Had thoughts on doing Camp Cattail on the 10th but with racing last Sunday, and again this coming weekend, fall ball games, and we're just getting started on re-staining the house before the weather changes, the schedule is pretty tight.

And I want at least one more GP race before the season ends.

Pretty cool, what all are you doing to help them out?
I believe that NQ1965 AHRMA Great Lakes Update was from a Mike Bickley FB post. I had some of that info forwarded to me by a friend trying to keep me in the loop.
Had thoughts on doing Camp Cattail
I also received this info from FB.
5910.jpeg

NQ, you posted that AHRMA asked you to help Simon get the series back on track.

"The folks at AHRMA asked me to help Simon to get this year's Regional program back on track"

NQ, you posted that AHRMA asked you to help Simon get the series back on track.

"The folks at AHRMA asked me to help Simon to get this year's Regional program back on track"

I get your point.
That wasn't me. I just copied and pasted the AHRMA Great Lakes Update. Nabbed from facebook.

But again, I'll help AHRMA if I can.

The nice thing about running AHRMA age group is most any bike/displacement will be eligible - for example "60+ on any eligible post vintage bike". Just can't cross the boundary lines of Vintage (pre-1975), Post Vintage (pre-disc brake), and Next Gen. Even then I took a 92 bike to a race once and ran in post vintage - my post vintage bike was down. Nobody fussed.

I have a 2001 CR125 and a 1985 RM125 (courtesy of Vet261). I platooned them last year in 40+ Next Gen. Even ran a 1977 YZ250 in Next Gen 40 Plus when I didn't want to the RM muddy.

On the other hand I ran open age Next Gen with my 85 RM125 once and lined up against 11 18-25 year old "kids" on modern KTMs and Yamahas. I had the track to myself 11 seconds into the race and not because I was out in front.

The AHRMA rule is no modern 4 strokes.

Never mind. I just learned that AHRMA voted to do away with this as national classes and age group classes. Any such class is now promoter optional.

No next generation for cross country either.
Yep - some changes to sort through. I tried to read through the decisions and surrendered. I'll wait until the handbook so I can see it all in context.

My take away is that left handed racers with right handed bikes born before 1993 yet after 1985 on 133 to 137 cc bike plus allowable over bore will not be eligible for post-vintage age group classes unless they have disc brakes that don't exceed the maximum permitted diameter in the front but not back then might race with written permission of AHRMA as long as the class is promoter optional and no series points are credited unless the left handed racer can demonstrate the opposite.

Back