get insurance!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Just a friendly reminder to whoever needs to hear it, get insurance on your bikes. Your homeowners doesn't cover it if you think it does!

They finally got me, had my 17 YZ 125 taken out of my garage. My biggest fear, every day coming home pulling down a long, very private driveway... first thing i always look at is the garage waiting some day to see the door knocked down.. well.. that day finally came.

theives suck

My wife does insurance. Happens all the time. Cameras don’t always help. Get your stuff covered. The cost is minimal compared to buying new stuff. Plus a lot of us have multiple toys and they will take them all.

You think they will waffle it? Asking for a friend….. to soon?

For real man that’s a bummer. Anything specific on it that might help identify it?

So they stole the Yamaha and left the crappy KTM. Even thieves know which ones have value.
Seriously, you didn't have insurance on you bikes after all the talk on here about it??? Tight ass.

That really sucks, but it's not as bad as Bakers stolen bike story. Lol. What really stinks is these thrives rarely pay the price.

Good luck.

That suck's -
It's someone you know.
Being back in a private spot, I'd have to agree. Or somebody really took time to scope him.out.

Budds Creek had a real problem with that for a while, turns out thieves were scoping out bikes at the track and following them home or running plates of their hauler to find them.

Seriously, you didn't have insurance on you bikes after all the talk on here about it??? Tight ass.

That really sucks, but it's not as bad as Bakers stolen bike story. Lol. What really stinks is these thrives rarely pay the price.

Good luck.
Agree. Insurance on 2 450s for me is less than $200 a year.

Thieves are low life no count zero's.
After my car got stolen and burned a few years back, I struggled to get past all the diabolical schemes to prevent or catch it from happening again. Some ideas were pretty crafty, but then I realized I might be get myself jammed up legally.

I may have told this story on here before, so pardon me if I'm repeating.
About seven years ago, a used car lot from Newark decided to open up a new lot on Rt79 in Heath. They bought a residential property, (zoned B1 for business), on the corner of my street and 79 and began sales.
This property/car lot, is across the street and adjacent to my house. (Visually to the right).

I got to know the new owners a little and they seem to run a good business there.
About a year afterward, one evening in early fall, I was in my driveway spreading gravel. It was still daylight 5:30-6ish I'm thinking. The car lot had closed for the day, but there was a guy with a truck in their lot behind the house-office, and he was backed up to their car hauling trailer that they brought the cars from auction with. Not really paying much attention, I heard a little clanking, looked over and he was hooking the trailer to the back of his truck. Not really knowing the owners all that well, I just thought maybe they're loaning it out or something.

Here's where the story gets crazy. After he gets hooked. He very patiently gets the lights hooked up, then pulls out nice and easy. Expecting he would be turning out onto Rt79, he instead turns back into our neighborhood as to go around our U-shaped block. He drives right past the end of my driveway, (an older looking fellow I'm guessing late 40's), raises his hand and throws me a wave "Hi". Thinking it was a little peculiar I took good notice of the details of his truck but did not get his plate number. Once he made his way around the bend at the back of our neighborhood, I returned to gravel spreading.

About two hours later one of the car lot owners knocked on my front door, inquiring if I might have seen who took their trailer? Shortly afterward Heath Police was in my driveway informing me that this was a thief, and after grabbing the trailer, he immediately drove to the church (Big church), that is back behind our housing addition, backed up to the church utility building, cut the lock, and loaded up two new zero turn mowers, and off he went.

I was a little shocked by the boldness and calm fearlessness of this thief. The last important note to this story is that from my front porch, you can see the Heath Police station, not more than 150 yards across the way.

I may have told this story on here before, so pardon me if I'm repeating.
About seven years ago, a used car lot from Newark decided to open up a new lot on Rt79 in Heath. They bought a residential property, (zoned B1 for business), on the corner of my street and 79 and began sales.
This property/car lot, is across the street and adjacent to my house. (Visually to the right).

I got to know the new owners a little and they seem to run a good business there.
About a year afterward, one evening in early fall, I was in my driveway spreading gravel. It was still daylight 5:30-6ish I'm thinking. The car lot had closed for the day, but there was a guy with a truck in their lot behind the house-office, and he was backed up to their car hauling trailer that they brought the cars from auction with. Not really paying much attention, I heard a little clanking, looked over and he was hooking the trailer to the back of his truck. Not really knowing the owners all that well, I just thought maybe they're loaning it out or something.

Here's where the story gets crazy. After he gets hooked. He very patiently gets the lights hooked up, then pulls out nice and easy. Expecting he would be turning out onto Rt79, he instead turns back into our neighborhood as to go around our U-shaped block. He drives right past the end of my driveway, (an older looking fellow I'm guessing late 40's), raises his hand and throws me a wave "Hi". Thinking it was a little peculiar I took good notice of the details of his truck but did not get his plate number. Once he made his way around the bend at the back of our neighborhood, I returned to gravel spreading.

About two hours later one of the car lot owners knocked on my front door, inquiring if I might have seen who took their trailer? Shortly afterward Heath Police was in my driveway informing me that this was a thief, and after grabbing the trailer, he immediately drove to the church (Big church), that is back behind our housing addition, backed up to the church utility building, cut the lock, and loaded up two new zero turn mowers, and off he went.

I was a little shocked by the boldness and calm fearlessness of this thief. The last important note to this story is that from my front porch, you can see the Heath Police station, not more than 150 yards across the way.
Really the key to crimes like that is staying calm and looking like they belong there, doing what ever they are doing. That's why you didn't think too much of it.

Damn scum.

My process was a nightmare. Kinda. 08 yz250 stolen. But they paid. And I got a new 2012 yz450 out of that deal.

It’s not even worth it to try and recover the bikes. It’s easier to just claim them. Stfu jump through insurance hoops and wait to get paid. Go get a new bike.

Your new bike will still be covered under the original policy even if you make a claim. So if they wanna come back and take the new one you’re still covered.

The courts will never hold these kids accountable that steal them. Generally even if they’re not kids they put them in some a*****e rehabilitation program to get the charges expunged off their record anyways. So if anything courts just reward them for stealing your stuff.

just watched a thing on fox 8's facebook..about a chase that lasted 2 hours last week in cleveland..helicopter.. cop cars, etc... they ended up releasing the kid with no charges. fox 8 interviewed him.

its literally disgusting. on on ehand im glad they are doing something but.. no charges? lock his ass up immediately, WTF!??!?

when i was into the street bike scene real big, i knew plenty of people that tried to run and got caught. they did NOT just release them with no charges. why is this different because they are on dirt bikes?

lol. Nobody messes with him but state. He ain’t got time for felonies.

Wonder how much they cost in fuel for a helicopter and the cruisers to track that guy? Wonder how much life limb and eye sight of the general public was put in jeopardy during all that crap?

Just a friendly reminder to whoever needs to hear it, get insurance on your bikes. Your homeowners doesn't cover it if you think it does!

They finally got me, had my 17 YZ 125 taken out of my garage. My biggest fear, every day coming home pulling down a long, very private driveway... first thing i always look at is the garage waiting some day to see the door knocked down.. well.. that day finally came.

theives suck
You guys use progressive? 200 for 3 bikes

Back