Pala 25 minute motos

John250

PR Founding Father
This is total bullshit in my opinion. Let these go at it for the full 30 plus 2. The fittest, and strongest win the championship. Not the race to decide to shorten the motos.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, I get what you say man, but even the fittest athletes have their limits. It's all goo and well until someone passes out and drops...because you decided to go 5 minutes longer... It's all about avoiding a court appearance...
1662053104345.png

It's dry heat, so... ;)

hershey

PR Elite
Yeah, I get what you say man, but even the fittest athletes have their limits. It's all goo and well until someone passes out and drops...because you decided to go 5 minutes longer... It's all about avoiding a court appearance...
View attachment 76936

It's dry heat, so... ;)
Court appearance? I don't think that would happen. I'm betting it's more about being careful, a rider died one year at Red Bud due to heat.

John250

PR Founding Father
Court appearance? I don't think that would happen. I'm betting it's more about being careful, a rider died one year at Red Bud due to heat.
I am guessing riding at Pala at 100° is easier than riding at Red Bud or Kenworthy's @ 90 or 95° with the humidity.

hershey

PR Elite
So this decision actually favors Sexton a bit. Sexton is strong from start to finish usually where Tomac is usually the strongest the last 10 mins or so. Should make for some interesting conspiracy theories and good racing.

k01

PR Elite
Sure, take 5 minutes off the moto, that's the ticket. The icing on the cake for a mismanaged series? Great racing has saved the motocross season. Will the final outcome deserve an asterisk?

John250

PR Founding Father
If I am Honda and Yamaha I am protesting the AMA decision. The rule book says 30 min plus 2 laps. This is for the championship.

hershey

PR Elite
The teams already agreed to the change. It's really not a big deal. Quit f*****g whining.
Not a big deal??? How many races has Tomac won by a pass in the last 5 mins in his career? Let alone all the others that have been won that way. Even a pass further back could have a huge impact on the championship if those 2 aren't out front.

It's a HUGE deal.

500Mike

PR Member
If it's a safety concern, why cut the moto's by 5 minutes? Why not 10 or even 15 minutes? Where is the line? I think it's CYA on MX Sports part to keep from getting sued if someone gets hurt.

Reactions: k01