Congrats Henry Gref

John250

PR Founding Father
Congrats to Henry and the Czech Team for winning the Vet championship yet again. Henry goes over for this race every year and in his 70s still going at it.

A lot of you younger guys in here have no idea who Henry Gref is, I am lucky enough to have known him for years, and have listened to his stories of riding GPs back in the day.

Henry is for sure motocross history in the state of Ohio.

Screenshot_20220917-174948_Facebook.jpg
FB_IMG_1663452513477.jpg
40307.jpeg
FB_IMG_1663681604541.jpg

Last edited:

k01

PR Elite
Excellent! I had the opportunity to ride with Henry and Jay at a friend's track just last month. Henry was talking about his upcoming trip and the championship. Henry is 80 now and still winning!

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Met him a
Congrats to Henry and the Czech Team for winning the Vet championship yet again. Henry goes over for this race every year and in his 70s still going at it.

A lot of you younger guys in here have no idea who Henry Gref is, I am lucky enough to have known him for years, and have listened to his stories of riding GPs back in the day.

Henry is for sure motocross history in the state of Ohio.

View attachment 77087View attachment 77088
t grears arhma race last year. Dude was out there killing it on his old CZ’s. Loved talking to him, reminded me of my grandfather who was from Czechoslovakia

John250

PR Founding Father
Jay was pretty sick for a while. Ran into Henry at the grocery store when Jay was in the hospital. It was not good for a while. Heppy that Jay is doing much better.

Tom

PR Elite
I remember me and Henry and Jay race the 40+ class at Highland Lakes all together, good times

Reactions: k01

Mark414

PR Member
Was always a good time at highland lakes. Where I first met Henry and Jay Jeff and Michele are great people too bad they had such shitty luck.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Too cool. Moto on cool old dudes... Us mere mortals only hope that we'll still be throwing a leg over in our later years... :)

Reactions: k01

NQ1965

PR Elite
AHRMA magazine did a big write up on Mr. Gref this summer. It was quite an interesting read. I've been seeing his name a lot over the years and have spotted him in person a few times, but it really means little until you know and understand the story behind the Man.

Very Cool!

Romanyak256

PR Addict
AHRMA magazine did a big write up on Mr. Gref this summer. It was quite an interesting read. I've been seeing his name a lot over the years and have spotted him in person a few times, but it really means little until you know and understand the story behind the Man.

Very Cool!
I talked to him for hours, was parked and camped next time him. He sat around the fire with us told us all so many stories. I could listen to him talk about his life any day, any time and not get tired of the stories and knowledge he has.

k01

PR Elite
I talked to him for hours, was parked and camped next time him. He sat around the fire with us told us all so many stories. I could listen to him talk about his life any day, any time and not get tired of the stories and knowledge he has.
That's so cool. I introduced a couple of racing friends from my youth who are now vintage bike collectors and AHRMA racers to Henry at the first Grear's AHRMA race. A younger, recent friend of mine, Danny who has restored his late father's 1974 CZ 400 was eager to meet Henry at that race too. He had been working with a CZ restoration guy in California when I told him the top CZ guy in the country lives right down Rt 42 from him in Xenia. Danny has now spent plenty of CZ time with Henry.