Hear me out… WSX is better because it’s worse

Toddco327

PR Addict
I gotta say I think the WSX is going to be a better overall race than your MX Sports Feld supercross. Reason being that the riders in the WSX aren’t as good as the Monster Energy SX. Of all the riders in the WSX there isn’t one that is a title contender. Maybe Kenny but I give that a very very slim chance. Which leads me to my thinking. If everyone is “average” in the WSX it could be anyones game. The guy in 10th could be 1st the following race. Where as the normal SX there are only a few people that really have any shot. The races tend to be boring and we mostly enjoy the LCQ cuz of the excitement.

Not taking anything away from any of the riders but I think the WSX will be a hit. But at some point it will fade. The talent pool and industry is to shallow to support all the different facets of the sport.

John250

PR Founding Father
Eli is racing WSX. And they will be making lots of money! Feld and MX Sports are worried or they would not be coming up with all this new found money.

Mercer

PR Member
Hard to call it a series with only 2 races Year 1. I get the theory/logic you have, but i do think “tier 1” talent in 450 class is above the rest. Tomac (1 round), Kenny, Brayton, savagty, Wilson. Tier 2 is thicker, then i think there’s a big drop off from 15 to 22. Should make for good racing either way. The 250 class is actually more exciting line up of top end parity i think.

Also, there’s plenty of talent in this sport on both sides of the pond to fill gates. It’s just there’s not enough superstar media darling talent to sustain big time hype. I do think as long as they are getting fans in the stadiums, and making money the WSX will stick around for awhile.