Chad Reed Injury Update from Cardiff, Wales’ British GP

Tom

PR Elite
During his opening heat race at the opening round of the 2022 FIM Supercross World Championship, and the British GP from Cardiff, Wales, Chad Reed went over the bars and down hard—prematurely ending his return to racing today. “Absolutely gutted”, Ellie Reed (Chad’s wife) said from her Instagram account. “Dislocated right shoulder, broken left hand, and broken ribs. In the ambulance now going to get more CT scans with my boys, Chad Reed and Josh Grant.”

It was awesome to see Chad back at the races despite it being short-lived. The former two-time AMA Supercross Champ qualified 8th heading into the night show and was running 6th in his heat race before the crash. We will try to bring you more updates as we get them. You can check out Ellie’s Instagram post below and see results and points from the opening round here.

Dude needs to realize he’s old! Stop trying to relive the glory days! I’m glad he’s going to be ok but damn! He has nothing to prove to anyone. He was a great champion! Move on! Let it go! Keep making vlogs!

Not his fault a fuel pump went out.
Bahaha!!! It is his fault! He’s over 40 yrs old! Do you see Carmichael out there? Stewart out there? Same with brayton! Let it go! You are gate fillers! That’s it!! Get over your ego! He could have been paralyzed or killed! For what? How would his kids feel? Not worth it!!! I’ve said it before! The risk is not worth th reward!! Especially when your old!

Bahaha!!! It is his fault! He’s over 40 yrs old! Do you see Carmichael out there? Stewart out there? Same with brayton! Let it go! You are gate fillers! That’s it!! Get over your ego! He could have been paralyzed or killed! For what? How would his kids feel? Not worth it!!! I’ve said it before! The risk is not worth th reward!! Especially when your old!
Geez, should I quit? I'm far older than Reed! He doesn't have an ego, he does it because he loves it.

You aren’t trying to race professional supercross!! You are slow! You just put around compared to his speed! You ride for practice and just to ride! He’s trying to ride at a pace and speed that he did 10-15 yrs ago, please don’t tell me he’s doing this because he loves it! He hasn’t come to terms with the fact that his hand eye coordination isn’t the same, his reaction times aren’t the same, he’s not as fit as he used to be, and he won’t heal the same and as quickly as he would have 10-15 yrs ago!!!!!! Yes this is his ego telling him he can do this!!! So sad. I don’t want him ending up like Henry!!! Let it go!

I dunno, I think peeps need to just let peeps live their own life. Sure he is old...er than the rest of the competition, but still running good speed and not totally off the pace nor a liability to the rest of the racers out there. His bike hind-sight may be a different story....

Now if his expectations are to win, well that's kinda different, but if it's to go out and have some fun semi-reliving the glory days, go for it. So are you trying to tell me by going to Loretta's he's not going to try to go as fast as he can? Faster than the one in front of him? If there is one in front of him? C'mon. His prerogative. He knows what he's getting into far more than any of us wannabe's... Not his first rodeo...nor the last. Last thing he cares about or needs are some grown up never-been's (even kinda been's and/or somewhat have been's) keyboard jockey mother hens telling him what's up... I think he knows. Well, barring a ridiculous mechanical failure.

Although the fuel pump going out is somewhat concerning.... ??? More to come on that hopefully.

Last edited:
I dunno, I think peeps need to just let peeps live their own life. Sure he is old...er than the rest of the competition, but still running good speed and not totally off the pace nor a liability to the rest of the racers out there. His bike hind-sight may be a different story....

Now if his expectations are to win, well that's kinda different, but if it's to go out and have some fun semi-reliving the glory days, go for it. So are you trying to tell me by going to Loretta's he's not going to try to go as fast as he can? Faster than the one in front of him? If there is one in front of him? C'mon. His prerogative. He knows what he's getting into far more than any of us wannabe's... Not his first rodeo...nor the last. Last thing he cares about or needs are some grown up never-been's (even kinda been's and/or somewhat have been's) keyboard jockey mother hens telling him what's up... I think he knows. Well, barring a ridiculous mechanical failure.

Although the fuel pump going out is somewhat concerning.... ??? More to come on that hopefully.
I was 100% being sarcastic.

I just found it funny that people are saying he’s too old to be racing professionally, but would also be the same people that say he’s too professional to be racing something like Loretta’s.

I agree, let people live their lives.
I think it awesome he wants to be out there mixing it up.
The whole if you can’t win you shouldn’t be out there mindset is laughable. Dude just likes racing a damn dirtbike.

Get a grip on YOUR ego man. I'm 50 and jump ramps. Should I stop because you think I'm too old? GTFOH

Get a grip on YOUR ego man. I'm 50 and jump ramps. Should I stop because you think I'm too old? GTFOH
Wtf does “ I jump ramps” mean? Lol!! My “EGO”? Another lol! You don’t know me! I expressed my opinion on chad reed trying to race professionally at a level he probably shouldn’t be doing at his age and you’re attacking me!! Maybe you’ll grow up when you’re 60!!!

I was 100% being sarcastic.

I just found it funny that people are saying he’s too old to be racing professionally, but would also be the same people that say he’s too professional to be racing something like Loretta’s.

I agree, let people live their lives.
I think it awesome he wants to be out there mixing it up.
The whole if you can’t win you shouldn’t be out there mindset is laughable. Dude just likes racing a damn dirtbike.
You also are missing the point! Yes I get it he loves racing a dirtbike! But now he has a family and boys who love to race. Sorry but when you become a parent, you put your kids dreams and aspirations first, not yours! If you don’t then sorry you are a narcissist!!! He won his titles and has nothing to prove! Riding locally and just having fun while teaching his boys riding skills is fine. But trying to still ride/race a professional supercross is irresponsible in my opinion. Supercross is way more dangerous than motocross!!!

You also are missing the point! Yes I get it he loves racing a dirtbike! But now he has a family and boys who love to race. Sorry but when you become a parent, you put your kids dreams and aspirations first, not yours! If you don’t then sorry you are a narcissist!!! He won his titles and has nothing to prove! Riding locally and just having fun while teaching his boys riding skills is fine. But trying to still ride/race a professional supercross is irresponsible in my opinion. Supercross is way more dangerous than motocross!!!
There’s really no point to get. At the end of the day nobody’s opinions matter one bit. Chads gonna chad.

I guarantee his kids are well on track to accomplish any dream they’d like thanks to pops, while he is still being a great role model.

I get your point and for the most of us, that is true as there just isn't enough time and/or money to chase both our dreams and our kids dreams. We had our chance beforehand. Time to move on at that point... Besides, we're way out of shape and can't compete on the local level so much. Sure, if tragedy struck, that would be be a travesty for all his family, but as we all know, we never plan to crash and/or have an accident. Just is part of the deal sometimes.

Like I said, I get you opinion and it has some merit, but in the end, it's Chad's life and I think he's got it handled IMO. Although most of us do not know the feeling, but mopping up locally by 30+ seconds every race can get boring...one would think...lol.

Last edited:
Back