Battle for Ohio! What’s next

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So obviously it’s the last year of the battle of Ohio series so what’s next? One big race for the state championship ? What’s next?
Went out to chillitown to watch and track looked super good and crowd was big heard like over 850 entries. Getting the big crowds for sure still but what’s the move in the future. What do y’all think

hershey

PR Elite
So obviously it’s the last year of the battle of Ohio series so what’s next? One big race for the state championship ? What’s next?
Went out to chillitown to watch and track looked super good and crowd was big heard like over 850 entries. Getting the big crowds for sure still but what’s the move in the future. What do y’all think
Who said it's the end of the battle for Ohio series ?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I did. Its time for a change.

The Battle as a series has run its course. It has reached its lifespan. 10 years is enough. It was a good run, I'm proud of what it was. I have great memories of it. I plan to keep it as a single event next year, just a race, probably only the local race that I will run. Thanks everyone that supported the series over the years. Perhaps someday it will be regarded as a chapter in Ohio mx history.

hershey

PR Elite

The Battle as a series has run its course. It has reached its lifespan. 10 years is enough. It was a good run, I'm proud of what it was. I have great memories of it. I plan to keep it as a single event next year, just a race, probably only the local race that I will run. Thanks everyone that supported the series over the years. Perhaps someday it will be regarded as a chapter in Ohio mx history.
850 entries is running it course? Wow....i see that as success.

Oh well, on to new things I guess.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Sad to see it go. Was the first series I put on the calendar every January. Yeah, I know, if everyone's attendance was like mine you would have canceled it long time ago...

I looked forward to it this year although after missing the first 2 rounds, I had very little drive to get to the others over other competing priorities. Had fun hitting them all last year. When you already hit a limited amount of races, these "little series" races within the Overall Series championship were well worth the effort. Spencer snagged a spot in the Saturday Night Series this year. Hopefully we can find a nice replacement series to the Battle Series...

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
850 entries is running it course? Wow....i see that as success.

Oh well, on to new things I guess.
No thats a very successful race, Scott should be proud. Battle or not, Ctown will get those numbers. I think along the way the whole north vs south vs invader has been lost. Maybe he could have the Chilli-Fork Series?? Not sure. But I said awhile ago that i would know when its time to retire it, and it is time.

MX955

PitRacer Pro

Thanks for all the hard work the last 10 years JO!

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
For sure. Not sure why the south guys simply won't come up. Honestly part of the fun is racing guys you don't see often or ever. Sad to see it go for sure, lots of great memories at the battle rounds.
Been saying for years trying to get all my buddies and people at the races to come north and that the tracks are sick. No one ever comes up because it’s not “Buckeye series” so stupid

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Been saying for years trying to get all my buddies and people at the races to come north and that the tracks are sick. No one ever comes up because it’s not “Buckeye series” so stupid
"Buckeye Series" doesn't mean what it once did either... It really wasn't a North vs. South either was it? Wasn't it just a D-11 thing? I just don't recall. I was fairly new to the MX scene there towards then end of D-11... Some folks should know that D-11 MX has been defunct for some time now...probably not coming back...ever.

hershey

PR Elite
"Buckeye Series" doesn't mean what it once did either... It really wasn't a North vs. South either was it? Wasn't it just a D-11 thing? I just don't recall. I was fairly new to the MX scene there towards then end of D-11... Some folks should know that D-11 MX has been defunct for some time now...probably not coming back...ever.
The North v South was a thing. JO split riders based on rt 70 I think? Any way, I remember getting a north sticker and he would tally class wins for north and south and the most would be the winner.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yes Buckeye Series historically was an AMA D-11 series. (southern Ohio)
Thought so. We did have some kick-arse series back in the day. Well, my time was limited, but a friend and I was talking about them just the other day, the Buckeye Series, the Spring Series, the Friday Night Series (Honda Hills then Muskingum Valley MX until both track became defunct). I have only had one year personally that I ran enough races to be considered for any local awards at the D-11 Banquet. With Spencer's other skills, not sure it will be any different for him. At least at this point. He's 7. He's doing pretty well at everything he does and still feeling it out. Although if I had my choice for him it might be one sport, it's not my choice...well, until I can afford it otherwise...then is still really isn't my choice...lol.

Bigger, better, badder, most brappy... we can only hope for! Need to find a dude or dudette that has the time to put it together and doesn't have a daughter kicking arse at 4 wheel racing... ;) It's all good! :)

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I would only do a few select buckeye races at the tracks i liked, then i would hit some races up north at the tracks i liked. I don’t ever go for points, just enjoyed racing new tracks and different people. That’s why i do gncc now, different state every weekend, new trails with very different challenges, we run no matter the conditions, and new riders every round.

i loved the battle series, and i did do the whole OMA series the first year it was created, and that’s when i learned the north had better tracks, dirt and honestly at the time, stiffer competition. Thanks Jeremy for the fun memories.

kawi330

PR Member

The Battle as a series has run its course. It has reached its lifespan. 10 years is enough. It was a good run, I'm proud of what it was. I have great memories of it. I plan to keep it as a single event next year, just a race, probably only the local race that I will run. Thanks everyone that supported the series over the years. Perhaps someday it will be regarded as a chapter in Ohio mx

kawi330

PR Member
Pro days with sat practice. Oir should do one like it use to even if not sanctioned. Other tracks too set up go fund me for pro purse. Everyone would dontate for big pro class. Oir malvern bc three tracks be a good start. Also make them on off ama weeknds

John250

PR Founding Father
Pro days with sat practice. Oir should do one like it use to even if not sanctioned. Other tracks too set up go fund me for pro purse. Everyone would dontate for big pro class. Oir malvern bc three tracks be a good start. Also make them on off ama weeknds
In between High Point (6/17) and Red Bud (7/1) would be a great time for a big money pro purse some where in Ohio. Someone schedule it. $25,000 purse would draw some riders.