KTM or GasGas?

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I’m in the market for a new bike, will be used for GP and GNCC races. I currently have a 17 crf450r and the thing is a pig in the woods, it’s okay for GP races, but for gncc it definitely isn’t the move.

Last weekend at Ironman i pulled out of my race bc there were too many people and i got tired of people wrecking me, and for the last lap i hopped on my buddies 2022 ktm300 xc with the tpi. Holy crap that bike was perfect. i rode all the trails in 3rd gear and second up the hills. Looking at the ktm and Gasgas, both seem to be very similar, with ktm having the extra cnc’d parts on it while Gasgas has cast. A shop in Pennsylvania has a leftover 2022 ex300 and 2 leftover ktm 300 xc, Gasgas is $8800 otd and ktm is $9800 otd, is it worth paying that extra $1k for the ktm?

freeh

PR Founding Father
I just bought a GG MC450, probably from the same shop. I would save the money, and get the GG off-road version. I agree that the XC300 is a fantastic woods bike. I am debating selling my TC250 and getting the GG off-road bike equivalent.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Both of those bikes have TPI. The 2023 KTM XC now has TBI. The 2023 GG still has TPI. Just an FYI
The ktm dealer that’s behind my house has a 2023 husqvarna TX300 that just came in today, and next week will have the 2023 ktm xc300. Think I’m going to buy the husqvarna bc it’s only $100 more than the ktm.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Gas gas looks the best. But I don’t know much about woods but I know a lot of people either ride the 250,300 two strokes or a 350 a lot more than the 450s and I’ve always wondered why but I can imagine the weight difference makes a big difference in a 3 hour race

k01

PR Elite
I’m in the market for a new bike, will be used for GP and GNCC races. I currently have a 17 crf450r and the thing is a pig in the woods, it’s okay for GP races, but for gncc it definitely isn’t the move.

Last weekend at Ironman i pulled out of my race bc there were too many people and i got tired of people wrecking me, and for the last lap i hopped on my buddies 2022 ktm300 xc with the tpi. Holy crap that bike was perfect. i rode all the trails in 3rd gear and second up the hills. Looking at the ktm and Gasgas, both seem to be very similar, with ktm having the extra cnc’d parts on it while Gasgas has cast. A shop in Pennsylvania has a leftover 2022 ex300 and 2 leftover ktm 300 xc, Gasgas is $8800 otd and ktm is $9800 otd, is it worth paying that extra $1k for the ktm?
No longer wanting for a 300SX? One if my friends waiting for one is talking about a 300 off road model instead. I'll post another 300 SX conversion photo because that's what I do. Lol And a light weight 300 works fine for this old guy...
IMG_20221025_174301583_HDR~2.jpg

Romanyak256

PR Addict
No longer wanting for a 300SX? One if my friends waiting for one is talking about a 300 off road model instead. I'll post another 300 SX conversion photo because that's what I do. Lol And a light weight 300 works fine for this old guy...View attachment 77333
No sir, i stopped in today and talked to the owner of wheelsports KTM bc it’s in my backyard, the 300sx would be here next week, but i need a woods specific bike. The woods model has a different transmission and gearing is drastically different and a heavy flywheel weight which allows you to basically sit still without the clutch engaged.

Reactions: k01

Scoob

PR Founding Father
The ktm dealer that’s behind my house has a 2023 husqvarna TX300 that just came in today, and next week will have the 2023 ktm xc300. Think I’m going to buy the husqvarna bc it’s only $100 more than the ktm.
I've been looking at the TX 300... Me likey...

Strouble

PR Addict
Being married now…”checking with the wife” brings whole new meaning when I would hear that phrase as a single man.

I am blessed with an awesome wife. Putting a deposit down on a 2023 KTM 350 XCF Factory Edition tomorrow. Will be picking it up in a few weeks or so when I have a chance to drive to Georgia from Alabama.

First new bike ever!

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Being married now…”checking with the wife” brings whole new meaning when I would hear that phrase as a single man.

I am blessed with an awesome wife. Putting a deposit down on a 2023 KTM 350 XCF Factory Edition tomorrow. Will be picking it up in a few weeks or so when I have a chance to drive to Georgia from Alabama.

First new bike ever!
That's awesome! My buddy just picked up one from AOMC in Charleston West Virginia, and wheelsports ktm in Reynoldsburg has on on the showroom. Thing looks so sick.

Dano762

PR Addict

First new bike ever!
Congratulations - a new orange bike for you. Lobster and flowers for her. There is nothing better than a spouse that lets you be you.

I know I have a great one and suspect most on here do - never to be taken for granted.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Just walked into CCM today and they had 5 300SX in there for motocross and 4 are already sold. Never realized how much the 450f is for KTM by far the most expensive

Meister

PR Founding Father
Just walked into CCM today and they had 5 300SX in there for motocross and 4 are already sold. Never realized how much the 450f is for KTM by far the most expensive
I can get a ktm for a grand cheaper than the 23 yam... Just sayin.. cheaper than my works edition too..

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
How’s he feeling by the way.
Feeling good man. Still technically not aloud to bend. But since after 2 weeks post op I have been back on the spin bike. Started out doing 25 which was less than I was doing before and now I do 45 minutes of spin biking a day at a fast pace. Just trying to be as strong and fit as possible to heal and come back even stronger. The itch to ride is pretty bad but just gotta use it as motivation.