State championship

hershey

PR Elite
So I noticed on Race Ohios schedule there is a chilkutiwn race labeled "state championship". Is that the battle series replacement race? Didn't JO say he was still having the state championship race?

I'm so confused.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I said I'm putting on Battle for Ohio as an event (meaning its no longer a series). I did not say anything about the State Championship. After discussing it at lunch, Scott and I agreed to return the State Championship to a single event and alternate it every season between CT and Briarcliff. We were going to flip a coin on who went first, but In the end i said just run it at CT in 2023. Ill go in 2024.

hershey

PR Elite
I said I'm putting on Battle for Ohio as an event (meaning its no longer a series). I did not say anything about the State Championship. After discussing it at lunch, Scott and I agreed to return the State Championship to a single event and alternate it every season between CT and Briarcliff. We were going to flip a coin on who went first, but In the end i said just run it at CT in 2023. Ill go in 2024.
Thank you for the clarification. Nice to see promoters working together

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
We've also worked on the classes a bit as well so there is consistency from year to year. ATVs will run at CT but will obviously not be included in the Buckeye points.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Care to elaborate on class structure alignment?
Biggest thing were a few of the vet classes. Remember how we had some different 30+ 40+ type classes the last few years (between Buckeye and OMA at Battle)? This year I think we closed the gap a lot. Moving forward we will offer 30+ B/C, 25+ and 40+. Not everything there changed for both organizations, but that's the direction we are headed. For the State Championship I will add 35+, 45+, this will not be part of the standard Ohio Motocross class offerings. I believe Scott has 35+ and 45+ all the time. He did have a 40+ A, but is just going with 40+ from here on out. I will have classes and rulebook updates for Ohio Motocross (OMA) here shortly after we wrap up the schedule.

hershey

PR Elite
Biggest thing were a few of the vet classes. Remember how we had some different 30+ 40+ type classes the last few years (between Buckeye and OMA at Battle)? This year I think we closed the gap a lot. Moving forward we will offer 30+ B/C, 25+ and 40+. Not everything there changed for both organizations, but that's the direction we are headed. For the State Championship I will add 35+, 45+, this will not be part of the standard Ohio Motocross class offerings. I believe Scott has 35+ and 45+ all the time. He did have a 40+ A, but is just going with 40+ from here on out. I will have classes and rulebook updates for Ohio Motocross (OMA) here shortly after we wrap up the schedule.
I thought there was no more OMA, you had a new organization Ohio Motocross Championship Series?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I thought there was no more OMA, you had a new organization Ohio Motocross Championship Series?
Still incorporated as the Ohio Motocross Association. We will have 2 series; Faircross and the Ohio Motocross Championship Series. Getting away from the accronym, moving towards just calling it the first two words in the legal name "Ohio Motocross"

hershey

PR Elite
Still incorporated as the Ohio Motocross Association. We will have 2 series; Faircross and the Ohio Motocross Championship Series. Getting away from the accronym, moving towards just calling it the first two words in the legal name "Ohio Motocross"
Ah

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I like the championship series. I personally with a lot of others like racing on sundays like normal. After doing two night races in the past two years I don’t ever plan on doing another one again it is way to sketchy to go that speed and not see all the lines and dirt