Pit racer dead ?

531stonewall

PR Member
Haven’t been on here much , seems like this site is dead.
Where is everyone finding race info/ practice info / local gossip
This site has been around for a long time , seems like same 3 ppl make all the posts
I believe The new generation of mx racers don’t use this site
Seems like all info is Facebook instagram
Mybe time for a new mx of Ohio info website
Just my 2 cents

hershey

PR Elite
This site has been around for a long time , seems like same 3 ppl make all the posts
Just my 2 cents
You're correct. Except I follow all the tracks on social media and most always see their posts after the events. Track owners think since they have 1500 views that it works. My experience is I have to search to find the info and most of thier views are by friends of followers. It doesn't mean they ride. At least on here 100% of views are customers.

The other argument is there is too much bashing on here, social media is far worse.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Just my 2 cents
You are completely overlooking where the real value of an open forum site is.
Yea, many tracks and venues choose to post their latest info on facebook or wherever, but to me dialog in comments to posts, is usually lacking. On here you get actual conversations that take place, and to me the subject gets hashed over more thoroughly and more in depth.
You also have very valuable aspects such as Gallery, Classifieds, Track Guide, etc. The open forum sites can more easily consolidate many departments to navigate all in one location.

There are times that I'll remember a post or thread from long ago and I'm able to come here or other forums like Pitracer, and pretty easily find the info I wish to re-visit without much work. Such as technical threads on engine's, or old bikes, or even the great follow ups and pic's that we get after a popular race or event.

You stated: [ I believe The new generation of mx racers don’t use this site ] But then again, this younger generation is off in a lot of areas that are important and valuable. And not everybody that visits, and even participates in these forums "race". Many are simply riding, or dirt bike enthusiast.

Facebook is fine, but to many of us, Pitracer and other forums will always be a home.

Last edited:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I know i can come here and as I’m scrolling down through the thread some bullsnit doesn’t populate. So there’s that.
And Pitracer doesn’t tell me to be kind because of things I post here go against some wack job standards.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
F5DB66BD-30D2-41B7-BDC8-FC70214134BA.jpeg