Ohio Brawl Series 2023?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Hey, had a thought come to my noggin yesterday while talking to my bro I think it was if I can remember back that far..., but was talking in how our racing in Ohio is all broken up in to these little pockets (i.e. Ohio MX, Race Ohio, Viva, Fast Traxx thing???) and I thunk, wonders if we could get a little series going across them? I know, didn't seem to pan out last year when JO and Scott tried it...even with the double points...lol, but still was a thought.

Looking at the schedules laid out in front of us, I had a first thought of the following dates:
  1. Beans July 1-2
  2. East Fork August 12-13
  3. Briarcliff August 26-27
Thought was other district memberships accepted for these races only or something. Problem being awards for it in that there will potentially be at 3 different banquets, etc.

I dunno, too much of a pain in the arse for the promoters I am certain to organize and in the end not worth the effort. Just me thoughts me was thinking...

All comes down to a season of choices and some we will not choose because of the lack of benefit other than lining up on the gate at a great track. Just isn't enough these days...

Oh, did we already talk about this on another thread? ;)

Last edited:
Oh, and let's try a different angle than this board is typically known for in talk about why it would work, not so much why it wouldn't. Bet we can't. Wouldn't be any discussions, comments, arguments, etc. My bad. Silly wabbit, Trix are for kids!...

Awards - $3500
Jackets/hoodies - $1500
Product W/Awards- $2000
#1 Plates - $500

Your gonna need some sponsors. And the State Championship already set through 2024. Your also gonna need a new name.

Awards - $3500
Jackets/hoodies - $1500
Product W/Awards- $2000
#1 Plates - $500

Your gonna need some sponsors. And the State Championship already set through 2024. Your also gonna need a new name.
Guess we could make it our own "for the people" series, take donations, and party at my place to hand out the awards...lol. Kidding mostly. Especially about the last part. Sorry, don't want you hooligans' partying at my place. :) Maybe back in the day, but no dice nowadays...

I was looking more so for a way for all of us (a.k.a. Ohio motocross) to get together between the 3 or 4 organizations a few times vs. being mostly separate. It might happen these weekends anyway to an extent. Was just a thought. Short lived. Onward...

Hey, had a thought come to my noggin yesterday while talking to my bro I think it was if I can remember back that far..., but was talking in how our racing in Ohio is all broken up in to these little pockets (i.e. Ohio MX, Race Ohio, Viva, Fast Traxx thing???) and I thunk, wonders if we could get a little series going across them? I know, didn't seem to pan out last year when JO and Scott tried it...even with the double points...lol, but still was a thought.

Looking at the schedules laid out in front of us, I had a first thought of the following dates:
  1. Beans July 1-2
  2. East Fork August 12-13
  3. Briarcliff August 26-27
Thought was other district memberships accepted for these races only or something. Problem being awards for it in that there will potentially be at 3 different banquets, etc.

I dunno, too much of a pain in the arse for the promoters I am certain to organize and in the end not worth the effort. Just me thoughts me was thinking...

All comes down to a season of choices and some we will not choose because of the lack of benefit other than lining up on the gate at a great track. Just isn't enough these days...

Oh, did we already talk about this on another thread? ;)
I agree it would be great. I think the real issue isn't necessarily track owners and organizations as much as logistics. The southern riders simply won't come north. It's been tried many ways over the years and just won't happen. Northern riders will go south but not in big numbers either.

Need to find a way to make the 3 hour trek worth while for more riders. We do it regularly because we enjoy going to good tracks with big gates more than just raving to race.

Very few of us southern guys will drive north. Not even for a battle race at BC or Malvern with awesome racing and great track conditions. But just a few years back they would go to treaty city just because it was in the series, even though the drive was further than the good races.

Guess me being in the middle it really isn't a huge issue. I get it. The 3 hour trek to PVR was kinda crappy, so I get it.

Very few of us southern guys will drive north. Not even for a battle race at BC or Malvern with awesome racing and great track conditions. But just a few years back they would go to treaty city just because it was in the series, even though the drive was further than the good races.
The most fascinating part of that, is that they drive to Grears, but not BC. 8 minutes difference from East Fork to BC versus Grears!! LOL

The reason for all the “new” groups is to try and provide the best racing possible and best possible product for the riders. Imagine it in terms of cars. Ford Chevy Toyota and Nissan won’t ever work together but they all put out similar products. Your choice of vehicle is based off your needs. Just like your choice of racing. Trying to get all of them to work together is just about impossible because everyone is in it to make money. (as you should) but putting together a multi series, series of races is not really going to produce the bump in riders over the long term. It’s going to give you maybe 40 more riders on any given day and that’s it. There is no long term value added for any track involved.

The draw for racers is different for everyone. Maybe having a GP/GNCC/Moto series would be fun for the rider. Maybe is based of their comfort of a track or their kids. Maybe it’s timing of the races.

Any idea is a good idea but the financials and benefits need to add up for it to be of value to the track. Unfortunately we are in a niche sport and MX Sports has the big money already locked up. Gonna be tough to tap into that stream to generate long term high number turnouts on a local level.

The reason for all the “new” groups is to try and provide the best racing possible and best possible product for the riders. Imagine it in terms of cars. Ford Chevy Toyota and Nissan won’t ever work together but they all put out similar products. Your choice of vehicle is based off your needs. Just like your choice of racing. Trying to get all of them to work together is just about impossible because everyone is in it to make money. (as you should) but putting together a multi series, series of races is not really going to produce the bump in riders over the long term. It’s going to give you maybe 40 more riders on any given day and that’s it. There is no long term value added for any track involved.

The draw for racers is different for everyone. Maybe having a GP/GNCC/Moto series would be fun for the rider. Maybe is based of their comfort of a track or their kids. Maybe it’s timing of the races.

Any idea is a good idea but the financials and benefits need to add up for it to be of value to the track. Unfortunately we are in a niche sport and MX Sports has the big money already locked up. Gonna be tough to tap into that stream to generate long term high number turnouts on a local level.
True statement. The world seems to work together less these days then ever. Why should MX be any different. Not like a 3 race series would take all that much adjustment, but then again, it may. I get it, just not worth the bang for the buck. I was a fan of the OMA Battle Series. Sure, I wasn't able to make it to a single race this past year, but that was not due to lack of desire.

A Beans, East Fork, and BC series just seems as if it would be cool. From my standpoint only I suppose. All good. Move along. Nothing to see here...

Back