Vintage Race Archive: miscellaneous pic's and ramblings

NQ1965

PR Elite
Pulling notable pics from past races. Too good not to share. Please feel free to add to the thread.

Action Sports GP race, July 14, 2013
What caught my eye in this pic, (other than my smiling ego with getting a good start), was that I noticed the rider just off to my right shoulder all out of shape and sideways. Has me wondering....Did I cause that???
I also noticed Jeffro667 waiting on the line watching and giving the Humorous tilted head look :D.

Act 7-14-L.jpg

This race would have been the 3pm, combined 40+, 50+ Vet class.
I knew I was going to have to race my ass off as Mark Cales was on a brand new KTM. That being said, I'm super pumped to get him coming off the line and around the ravine turn.

IMG_2087.jpg

Another great pic: After losing the lead to Cales and his KTM, I was determined that we got us a race! I wasn't giving up until the checkers.
Quickly closing in behind me was Jeffro667, who was from the group/class released behind us. Always blazing fast, I'm really surprised he hadn't passed me and Mark yet.

IMG_2097.jpg

A couple good shots of K01 putting down hot laps on his Husky 360.

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

Always loved racing up and down the hills at Action Sports.
Horsepower was certainly not an issue for the Husky

IMG_2060.jpg

Last edited:
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, July 21, 2013

A couple great pic's snapped by the AMA track photogs.
Vet261.......Leading the chase. I was on my 82 YZ (73N).

13_AMA_VMD_MX2_102-X3.jpg

AWESOME shot of Beenridin (41M) charging hard.

13_AMA_VMD_MX2_383-X3.jpg

You just never know the significance a photograph might hold for the future.
I never had the pleasure to meet the guy I'm giving chase to here, but certainly recognize the name and number. #241 Rob Miracle

VMD-H.jpg

Hey Mike, cool memories there! There's a new GP track in Racine Ohio, it's called yellowbush off road, they're on fb. I've ridden a couple practice days there, and it should be an awesome track! The guy running it is really trying hard, and I think it's going to be a great replacement for Drew's track.

Pulling notable pics from past races. Too good not to share. Please feel free to add to the thread.

Action Sports GP race, July 14, 2013
What caught my eye in this pic, (other than my smiling ego with getting a good start), was that I noticed the rider just off to my right shoulder all out of shape and sideways. Has me wondering....Did I cause that???
I also noticed Jeffro667 waiting on the line watching and giving the Humorous tilted head look :D.

View attachment 77872

This race would have been the 3pm, combined 40+, 50+ Vet class.
I knew I was going to have to race my ass off as Mark Cales was on a brand new KTM. That being said, I'm super pumped to get him coming off the line and around the ravine turn.

View attachment 77873

Another great pic: After losing the lead to Cales and his KTM, I was determined that we got us a race! I wasn't giving up until the checkers.
Quickly closing in behind me was Jeffro667, who was from the group/class released behind us. Always blazing fast, I'm really surprised he hadn't passed me and Mark yet.

View attachment 77874

A couple good shots of K01 putting down hot laps on his Husky 360.

View attachment 77875

View attachment 77876

Always loved racing up and down the hills at Action Sports.
Horsepower was certainly not an issue for the Husky

View attachment 77877
Screenshot_20230107-143920~2.png

Good times Mike. Plan to race Next Gen on the 360 Husky this year, a mere 27 years after it was my brand new 40+ bike.

Hey Mike, cool memories there! There's a new GP track in Racine Ohio, it's called yellowbush off road, they're on fb. I've ridden a couple practice days there, and it should be an awesome track! The guy running it is really trying hard, and I think it's going to be a great replacement for Drew's track.
That's awesome. Look forward to trying it.
Nancy and I have already been discussing what all we can work in this coming year. Will be a packed schedule again with all the G-kid's sports events and games, but we always love going racing too.

Good times Mike. Plan to race Next Gen on the 360 Husky this year, a mere 27 years after it was my brand new 40+ bike.

Wow!!!!!!
Love the video, great race footage. Didn't realize Kyle had that posted online.

Mark Kaho and I cleaned up with a 1st and 2nd in the 11:am Decade Class, while Mark Cales and I raced to a 3rd and 4th in the 3pm 40+ Class.
What a blast! We miss those days, (and Action Sports).

Looks like that lower woods section was slick and I didn't have anything for Mike in the decade. The afternoon class on Husky began with a slow blubbering start, followed by a great run for a few laps, then finished with a stall and a failure to start. Typical day on my most and least favorite bike. This photo came when it was running well and providing great joy. :D
as2.jpg

Back