IT’S OFFICIAL! AUSTIN FORKNER WILL NOT BE BACK THIS SUPERCROSS SEASON

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Many of you know this, but damn...kid can't catch a break. Almost thinking the Mitch team is cursed.... reminds a little of AC, although he continued this in the 450's as well...

IT’S OFFICIAL! AUSTIN FORKNER WILL NOT BE BACK THIS SUPERCROSS SEASON

Kawasaki press release: Pro Circuit Kawasaki rider Austin Forkner will be sidelined for the remainder of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship following a collision at Anaheim 1 on January 7th. Forkner was on track to battle for the 250SX Western Regional Championship when a collision during the start of the Main Event at Anaheim 1, resulted in an injury to his right knee. After consultation with medical professionals, it was determined that the injury will force an early conclusion to Forkner’s 2023 Monster Energy Supercross efforts.

Mark414

PR Member
Forkner makes ac9 look bulletproof . I really like ac9. Let's face it the sport is tough at that level. Hate to see all the work they put in that you don't see and get layer up like that has to be gut wrenching.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I like how they call it a “collision” could’ve been avoided if he had just let off a bit instead of trying g to run it up between Hampshirite and macadoo

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I hear people saying he hopes to be back before redbud, and knowing what all happened to him and his knee/tib he’s out for 6 months+. If they have to do surgery on his tib plateau fracture, that alone takes 4 months to heal, and then he’ll have to do extensive PT for months, not to mention all the ligaments in his knee needing repair

John250

PR Founding Father
I hear people saying he hopes to be back before redbud, and knowing what all happened to him and his knee/tib he’s out for 6 months+. If they have to do surgery on his tib plateau fracture, that alone takes 4 months to heal, and then he’ll have to do extensive PT for months, not to mention all the ligaments in his knee needing repair
I don't know how long his contract is with PC, but if I am Mitch, I just tell the kid, this is a business. Sorry, but we are going to have to part ways.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, I dunno, but it's got me thinking. When was the last time a Kawasaki kid, meaning 65's on up although might have to go with 85's on up these days, won a 450 championship? Heck, done well in the premier class?

Has there been anyone since RC? Seems to me they are picking the kids with the bling and the best advertisement/media following for being "fast", but lately just missed the mark as they have grown up. More so due to injury and their body's inability to carry the torch and the pressure. Been a tough go for the Kawasaki crew in seeing long term championship talent as of late. Has there been a more injury prone team/brand in terms of ace team rider?

Well, feels that way. I haven't put too much thought into this comment, so enlighten me with some facts man...

hershey

PR Elite
Yeah, I dunno, but it's got me thinking. When was the last time a Kawasaki kid, meaning 65's on up although might have to go with 85's on up these days, won a 450 championship? Heck, done well in the premier class?

Has there been anyone since RC? Seems to me they are picking the kids with the bling and the best advertisement/media following for being "fast", but lately just missed the mark as they have grown up. More so due to injury and their body's inability to carry the torch and the pressure. Been a tough go for the Kawasaki crew in seeing long term championship talent as of late. Has there been a more injury prone team/brand in terms of ace team rider?

Well, feels that way. I haven't put too much thought into this comment, so enlighten me with some facts man...
RV?

MX955

PitRacer Pro

Didn’t JS7 win everything on a Kawasaki?