62 vs ram jam... opinions please

dnutt

PR Member
I went to 62 once but it was so crowded we didn't even ride... plus I'm not sure it's old slow vet guy friendly...not hating on it at all! He's building one hell of a park there! But it looks like ram jam might be a tiny bit more flowy and friendly...??? Would love to hear from someone who's been to both recently.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah I cannot tell you about Ram Jam, but we were at 62 Wednesday and things we peaked up a little more than they were. They'll get rounded off again in the next week or so, but yeah, 62 is more of a work out in terms of more "have to do doubles" to make it somewhat smooth with little rest in between, especially for big bikes. Typically when I have been there on Thursday's it seems to be lighter crowd. Wednesday was light. Just ran big bike (125+) and small bike (super mini down) sessions.

hershey

PR Elite
I went to 62 once but it was so crowded we didn't even ride... plus I'm not sure it's old slow vet guy friendly...not hating on it at all! He's building one hell of a park there! But it looks like ram jam might be a tiny bit more flowy and friendly...??? Would love to hear from someone who's been to both recently.
We've been to both. Commenting on track only.

Rt62 is definitely geared more to advanced riders. The jumps are very peaked and if you're not jumping some of them it really slows you down. There are lots of ruts between jumps and on some faces. Not really any straights to open up on. The dirt is very good and prepped well. All in all a fun track for all but beginners will struggle a bit.

Ramjam has just a little longer lap times (based on timing my son who is on 85s and an advanced rider at both). It is much more forgiving and has one long lane to open up the bike on. Still lots of doubles and good size jumps. The dirt is a little nicer and the ruts only form in the corners. It is still good for fast and advanced riders but also good for beginners. Weekends are usually very busy but week nights you get all the ride time you want.

Both are an excellent choice for almost any rider, really I would base where to go depending on how close you are to them. We mix it up just to get different track riding in but we typically go to ramjam 2 times a week.

Get out and ride!

MX955

PitRacer Pro
I can remember a few years back on a Holiday weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon) Hershey & I rode 3 different indoors on each day. RamJam, Switchback in Pa. and NEMX. At that time NEMX was the most challenging and RamJam being the most “forgiving” with Switchback being somewhere in the middle.

I have not ridden indoors in years but I do kinda miss NEMX, there was a group of us that went almost every Friday night..

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
What even is NEMX. Only place I grew up riding here and there was Anna mx indoors and that place sucked

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
You might as well have live in another state when nemx was up and running. You’d have to come 4 hours north to ride there in the winter.

a lot of Canadians would come.

wish I had more pictures of the place. I flagged there every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Got paid cash. At 16 years old had more money than I knew what to do with. I miss that place too! How awesome to work a job you loved to be around in the winter.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
You might as well have live in another state when nemx was up and running. You’d have to come 4 hours north to ride there in the winter.

a lot of Canadians would come.

wish I had more pictures of the place. I flagged there every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Got paid cash. At 16 years old had more money than I knew what to do with. I miss that place too! How awesome to work a job you loved to be around in the winter.
Where was it even located? I have never heard it before till now

Dano762

PR Addict
I fit the old and slow description well. I rented Ram Jam for 2 hours late last winter - just me and the dirt. It was so well prepped and I had a blast. They were super and hung out with me the entire time.

I really liked the flow and the track/jumps were pretty friendly for me on an '01 CR125.

I got all the riding I could handle. I think I stopped after about 90 minutes because I was so worn out and didn't want the day to end with a big mistake.

RamJam Track.jpg

Last edited:

Toddco327

PR Addict
Yea I remember that. Lol. I Was looking for his waiver as he had no idea where he was. Well, Couldn’t find it.

Light bulb went off.

He didn’t pay!
You’d be happy to know I have that on video somewhere. Everyone asking where his mom was and who he was with. I ended up just saying I’ll drive him home and we can pretend it didn’t happen. I gave my name and showed my license. I drove Pecker home and that was the end of the story. Lol. No harm no foul. Except a concussion.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
man NEMX looks so much bigger than I remember.. and I spent a ton of time there between riding and flagging!

i dont think rt 62 is super advanced. the only big jumps are safe. there are a few peakier ones but they are really small, like most of c class does them.

there's one section is a little sketchy when it gets rutted between the jumps, and just doesn't flow really well.. but i'm sure hell change it up at some point. other than that one section i like the rest of the track a lot and im old slow and washed up and saturday was my second time riding since july.

haven't rode ram jam on my bike yet but my 5 year old loves it. it looks like it flows really well and illl definitely put in a few laps there soon.

either way you cant go wrong and we are super lucky to have 2 facilities like this in ohio!