AHRMA Great Lakes 2023

Vet261

PR Addict
There is a renewed push for AHRMA Great Lakes this year. Unfortunately they are posting in a PRIVATE group on FB LOL.

So I figured I'd at least post the schedule here as I've talked to many folks that simply were not even aware of this at all.

Tentative schedule...
5/6-7th
1)Lightning raceway
Tippicanoe, OH
CC v, pv Trials Saturday
MX v, pv Sunday

5/20-21st
2)Saddleback
Bedford, KY
CC v, pv and Trials Saturday
MX v, pv Sunday

6/3rd Saturday race
3)Grears v, pv MX
Zanesville, OH

7/8-9th
4)SHADY ACRES
Friendsville, MD
2 DAY (national)
VCC PVCC
VMX PVMX

7/14-15-16th
5)HONDA HILLS
Thornville, OH
(national)
Swap meet, pitbike races, 80s band,
VMX, Saturday
PVMX Sunday
Planning to have event t shirts.
The track will be open and you can stay til you leave for your next event...

8/6th
6)Fly MX
Sardis, OH
Guy Longwells track
MX v, pv

8/19-20th
7)PINE LAKE
Ashtabula, OH
2 DAY (national)
VCC PVCC
working on mx for Sunday

9/10th
8)TBD
*schedule subject to change

For whatever reason they aren't posting the 2023 updates in that group. I don't get it. The website isn't updated either.

For whatever reason they aren't posting the 2023 updates in that group. I don't get it. The website isn't updated either.
I don't think there is a coordinator/director for the AHRMA Great Lakes Region - I even wonder who put this schedule together.

Honda Hills is a National AHRMA race - I saw that on the AHRMA schedule - looking forward to it. Also on April 1-2, there is a National Race at Kevin Windham's place in Centreville, Mississippi.

As always, there is an open invitation in anyone wants to come ride at Saddleback with me. I am longtime member and there is no guest fee. It is about an hour South of Cincinnati. Race there looks to be May 20-21.

Thanks for posting this - was making my 2023 plans. I have a 1985 RM125 ready for the season:).

DanO

I dunno, yes odd. I saw it on FB and never even realized it wasn't in the AHRMA GL group until recently when I tried to tell a few people about it.

AHRMAGL23.jpg

Could someone using Facebook please ask that this group be made public. The group previously used a public Facebook group.

https://m.facebook.com/100064529749635/
But I can only see the content of this group which ends in 2022 by going to it directly from a search result.
I have a few public groups I started. The spam is so insane unless it is made private that if it is public, you have all kinds of scammers scamming all day long posting

I have a few public groups I started. The spam is so insane unless it is made private that if it is public, you have all kinds of scammers scamming all day long posting
I can only imagine - the few private groups I am a member of still have a fair share of spam and insanity. Thank for Vet261 at least I'll have a path to information. The AHRMA site doesn't have any updates.

JEMCO
100.00 off any exhaust for year end class champions.
$$ donated for year end awards. T shirts too. They will also by the host of our KY race. This will take place at Nickota mx. It is 1.5 miles from Saddleback. They have all the equipment for great track prep, good elevation change and vintage friendly.

Looks like the KY race is a Nickota this year. Right across the street from Saddleback.

Some positive momentum from the AHRMA Great Lakes region.

Good morning racers.. news from our sponsors...
WISECO
1st overall in every class at every race will recieve a 50% off certificate for anything wiseco or pro-x. Also, we will raffle off 1 complete piston kit at every race. Additional swag for HONDA HILLS and year end awards. Thank you Adam Thornton
JEMCO
100.00 off any exhaust for year end class champions.
$$ donated for year end awards. T shirts too. They will also by the host of our KY race. This will take place at Nickota mx. It is 1.5 miles from Saddleback. They have all the equipment for great track prep, good elevation change and vintage friendly.
Thank you Mitchell Charles Barnes
FLY
50% off any Fly products no returns no exchanges.
Thank you Guy Longwell
PR RACING ENGINES
and their endless support of my racing since 1974, and now supporting our region.
Thank you Louis Prracingengines
DC PLASTICS
Dealer price on all products. Thank you Louis Snider
DeCAL WORKS
Dealer price on all products.
Thank you
AOT RACING
Swag donated
50% off all gear.
Thank you Kip
THROTTLE JOCKEY
On board but waiting on exact info.
Thank you Matt Davis
CHAMPIONSHIP POWERSPORTS
Waiting on info
VINTCO
On board waiting on
info
ROCKET CHEVROLET
Waiting on info
Also received a big dllr donation from a trucking firm. For year end awards. Thank you Joe Gretchen
HONDA EAST
Waiting on info
RICH and PAULA STEPHENS
Have invited us to thier horse ranch in Mt. Vernon Oh for year end awards banquet... mx track, indoor arena and great hospitality
I want to thank each sponsor and every promoter for their support. They believe in us, now let's show them support by coming to the NEW GREAT LAKES REGIONAL RACES....
ALSO, you will be able to download our schedule, for refrigerator art work..
Our team is dedicated to put on great venues.... with your support, we will succeed... see ya'll at the races.
A big thank you to our team
Joe Gretchen
Rich Stephens
Paula Kyle

Been lying low on all of this stuff as of late. Didn't even know about the page Jammer is running-you better accept me brother! This is all great to hear! I miss the old days(I mean 5-10 years ago) when we made AHRMA around here good and quite honestly that short stretch for the AMA series. Really if you think about it this deal isn't much different from what we did on the AMA series at all as far as geography and kind of better. We had some good turnouts I thought and I had a ton of fun. I plan to support as much as possible. I guess it's time to start dusting them off. I actually have a vintage bike for this! Looking forward to it.

Ok, I picked up a 1980 Suzuki RS175 this weekend. Looking to do a couple AHRMA CC races this summer, maybe MX too. I just joined AHRMA, is that all I need to do until I register for an event? Do they still assign you a race number or can I run my normal #?

Ok, I picked up a 1980 Suzuki RS175 this weekend. Looking to do a couple AHRMA CC races this summer, maybe MX too. I just joined AHRMA, is that all I need to do until I register for an event? Do they still assign you a race number or can I run my normal #?
Unless things have changed, you should be able to choose your skill level and number online. There is a list of numbers already taken if your choice is declined to help pick another number. The local regional races haven't been too picky with race numbers or AHRMA membership. Nationals are another matter. CC races at the nationals is run by a separate group from the one that puts on the motocross races. Rules and classes differ as well.

I don't think there is a coordinator/director for the AHRMA Great Lakes Region - I even wonder who put this schedule together.

Honda Hills is a National AHRMA race - I saw that on the AHRMA schedule - looking forward to it. Also on April 1-2, there is a National Race at Kevin Windham's place in Centreville, Mississippi.

As always, there is an open invitation in anyone wants to come ride at Saddleback with me. I am longtime member and there is no guest fee. It is about an hour South of Cincinnati. Race there looks to be May 20-21.

Thanks for posting this - was making my 2023 plans. I have a 1985 RM125 ready for the season:).

DanO
Hello, my name is Jimmy Golliher, I'm the regional coordinator for great lakes region. I took over in January, made the schedule etc.. being brand new, I left great lakes page the way it was. Also, I haven't been given admin of AHRMA page bcuz of some paper I didn't turn in YET. I was the one responsible for getting AHRMA Honda Hills national also. Please excuse me for the short comings and suggest to help me..... I'm all ears

Hello, my name is Jimmy Golliher, I'm the regional coordinator for great lakes region. I took over in January, made the schedule etc.. being brand new, I left great lakes page the way it was. Also, I haven't been given admin of AHRMA page bcuz of some paper I didn't turn in YET. I was the one responsible for getting AHRMA Honda Hills national also. Please excuse me for the short comings and suggest to help me..... I'm all ears
Would like to add, I've been racing since 1974, at nearly every track in Ohio. Tracks alot of you guys weren't born to know about.... give me some good advise....also have a pitbike, but 64 years old. If you had a 60+ class, then we could talk lol.

Back